Car fans?

Karetyr

Cadet
Anyone here into cars? I've got a 99 ATX ZX2 (stop laughing, it has potential....), and lately I've been picking at it trying to figure out cheap ways to gain ponies. Lots of plans for it.

How about you guys? Got anything fun in that garage?

Originally posted by Jaraeth@May 19 2006, 06:53 PM
Sadly, nothing in my garage but a 4 cyl Kia Rio5 ... I doubt anything could be done to make it go fast ;)

~ Jaraeth
You'd be surprised. At the very least, add a K&N air filter; that'll greatly improve airflow to the engine, letting her breath better.

Hey, nice Stang Nainci. B)

I have a 2001 Mustang GT. In stock form they have a 4.6 liter V8 which puts out 260 Horsepower and 300 Torque. I have done some mods to it though.

stang2.jpg

Here is my mod list so far:
  • 8" Black Antenna
  • Accufab 75mm Throttle Body & Plenum
  • Diablosport Predator Tune
  • FRPP 4.10 Rear End Gears
  • K&N Air Filter
  • Mach 1 Grille
  • SLP Loudmouth Catback Exhaust
  • Tinted Tail lights

I used to own a Jetta which I did a few mods too, but I couldn't do much working at $5.15 a hour. I did get a sponser though for awhile, but it was too expensive to keep them going.

This is what I have now. My sexy Blazer. I'm more into car audio as well, so I have an awsome system in it, but here it is!

I currently drive a 1998 Volvo S70 T5 (MTX) and it is wonderful. Stock it was at 240HP, but after some mods including an ECU upgrade I'm at about 300HP. It flies. My next purchase will hopefully be a E39 M3 or an E36 M5. I love BMWs and Volvos!

Frozz

Originally posted by HJ-Frozz@May 20 2006, 01:55 AM
I currently drive a 1998 Volvo S70 T5 (MTX) and it is wonderful. Stock it was at 240HP, but after some mods including an ECU upgrade I'm at about 300HP. It flies. My next purchase will hopefully be a E39 M3 or an E36 M5. I love BMWs and Volvos!

Frozz
Hey, not bad. What mods have you done? I did some searching on that car and noticed the T5's have turbos on them, so I'm guessing you put different pulleys on there to increase the boost?

Smaller turbo'd engines are cool, but personally I just love the sound and torque that v8's produce. Especially with an aftermarket exhaust. B) The mustang is the first car i've owned with a v8 and I love it.

Originally posted by frostydf2@May 20 2006, 12:39 AM
I used to own a Jetta which I did a few mods too, but I couldn't do much working at $5.15 a hour. I did get a sponser though for awhile, but it was too expensive to keep them going.

This is what I have now. My sexy Blazer. I'm more into car audio as well, so I have an awsome system in it, but here it is!
What kind of system do you have in that? I baught my car with the factory optional Mach 460 system. 460 watts, which is good enough for me as I don't listen to rap or hip hop.

I did buy an Ipod adapter though that plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the head unit. I installed that because I got tired of hauling cd's around with me, and I don't listen to the radio, they don't really play music I like on any stations.

Originally posted by deathmetal+May 20 2006, 11:26 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (deathmetal @ May 20 2006, 11:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-frostydf2@May 20 2006, 12:39 AM

What kind of system do you have in that? I baught my car with the factory optional Mach 460 system. 460 watts, which is good enough for me as I don't listen to rap or hip hop.

I did buy an Ipod adapter though that plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the head unit. I installed that because I got tired of hauling cd's around with me, and I don't listen to the radio, they don't really play music I like on any stations. [/b][/quote]
I also have an ipod. I have a new clarion deck (i forget the model), but it's pretty sweet.

I also have all after-market Clarion components. 2 6x9's pumping the back at 120W, and 2 6 1/2" 90w in the front that do decent. They are the best components, but they do get the job done.

After that I have a 1200w 4channel Lightning Audio Amp (BRAND NEW!), pushing my 2 12" Lightning Audio subs.

I love it :smiley: Hits hard when I need it to, and sounds great when I want to actually hear the words.

Originally posted by Riceman@May 27 2006, 06:38 PM
Well, now that my ZX2's trashed, I need a new vehicle. Any suggestions?
You can buy an awsome Mazda RX-7 FD for 12-15k. I'd go for that. It'll be my next car :smiley:

I have a '94 Mustang convertible. I have an aftermarket soundsystem, two 12s some speakers... clarion deck. My other mods are scraped paint, hole in the roof, and recently fixed snapped forward springs. I replaces them with springs from an '05 cobra.

Czi

Originally posted by frostydf2+May 27 2006, 02:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (frostydf2 @ May 27 2006, 02:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Riceman@May 27 2006, 06:38 PM
You can buy an awsome Mazda RX-7 FD for 12-15k. I'd go for that. It'll be my next car :smiley: [/b][/quote]
The problem there is that I'm a student. My job pays about $300-400 a month after taxes. I can't afford a car that expensive. :(

As of right now, I have a 94 Toyota 4-runner; I frikin love it!!! The only thing it needs is new suspension and more power.

In the future I hope to get a Nissan Skyline R-33 or 34 and my uncle's 64 1/2 Mustang.

Originally posted by Riceman+May 27 2006, 11:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Riceman @ May 27 2006, 11:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by frostydf2@May 27 2006, 02:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Riceman
@May 27 2006, 06:38 PM

You can buy an awsome Mazda RX-7 FD for 12-15k. I'd go for that. It'll be my next car :smiley:
The problem there is that I'm a student. My job pays about $300-400 a month after taxes. I can't afford a car that expensive. :( [/b][/quote]
You can take out a student loan to buy one! Just kidding, thats something frosty would do.. wait I'm frosty.

Back