Politics Car Safety

hmmm...well, where i live, in Cali, they dont enforce it. I mean, sometimes my friends and i would pile in a car, so there were about 4 people in the back and 3 in the front, but no cops ever stopped us. I see people without seatbelts all the time here...especially the teens around my school.

I feel weird if i'm in a car without a seatbelt on. I mean, even if I'm just moving my car from the driveway to the street, I put my seatbelt on. It's just a habit. And quite a good habit.

Back in 6th grade, my friend's brother got in a car accident and almost died because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

If you don't put your seatbelt on when you're in the backseat, and the driver has to stop really quickly and/or you get into an accident, there's a chance you could fly through the windshield if you're sitting in the right spot.

I think that's right and that could really happen.

I definitely feel naked in a car without it on. I only don't wear it when I am on a bus. Wow! I guess they don't enforce it much in other parts of the country. We have seatbelt checks all the time here in NY.

the summer before my senior year in high school, i was yielding to an oncoming semi while i was waiting to make a left hand turn into my driveway... i almost went in front of him, but i waited... all of the sudden i heard this weird squeeling sound and i remember looking around my car like 'what the hell is that?' the next thing i knew i was being slammed forward and my seat snapping in half... someone had rear-ended me right in front of my driveway...

i was VERY lucky to be alive after this happened....i sustained minor whiplash and my car was totalled out, but i was okay and so was the other driver...

1. If i would have turned my wheels in an attempt to pull in front of that semi and stopped, the car that hit me would have pushed me in the path of the oncoming semi
2. The car that hit me didnt slam on the break until the last second so he was probably doing about 45-50mph when he hit me... his front end dove underneath my car pushing the shocks into the fuel line almost piercing the fuel line. i had a half tank of gas at the time...enough air in the line to ignite and enought fuel to burn
3. If i had NOT BEEN wearing my seatbelt, I would have gone through the windshield when my seat snapped in half...

my mom was in the front yard and saw the whole thing happen... i was very lucky that all of the things that could have happened... didnt.

I just read an article tonight that talked about a teenager who was in a car with three of her friends, and they got in an accident. She was the only one wearing a seatbelt and the only one that survived. I always wear my seatbelt and make sure that anyone riding in my car does too.

I buckle up, it’s instinctive now.

Until recently I’d been very concerned about my grandmother’s lack of use of a seat belt. She wears them now, but she used to object to “the government” telling her what to do (especially when it related to her own safety, not the safety of others). Another thing for her was that she, my father, and a couple of other people were in a very bad car crash when my father was a teenager, and the only person who died was the only person who was wearing a seatbelt, so she saw them as a curse or something for a while...

At least your grandmother is wearing a seatbelt now.

I think if cars had roll cages, that'd be great. Roll cages make cars more safer.

AliasBabe12 said:
i always wear it when i am with mah bros n sis's .....they drive way too fast ;)
yeah, same here...i dont wear it all the time, but with my friends' brothers (who drive waaaay too fast....once, he even tried to race this guy) i wear the seatbelt...

once, i wasnt wearing my seatbelt and the driver all of a sudden stopped and i fell to the front...cuz we were in a van and i was sitting in the middle, near the front.

Back