Career/Future Career

Kara

eternally nostalgic
I know that a lot of people on here are still in school, but for those who aren't, what do you do for a living? And for those who are in school, what do you want to do?

I want to be a lot of things.
Actor/Singer/Songwriter and maybe a friend of Jennifer Garner. (In my dreams.)

My friend wants to be an archeologist. Not that, that matters much. Just thought I'd add it. Plus, my dad's a paramedic and my mom's a nurse.

I don't know what I want to be!! I'd love to work for the CIA as an operations officer, but then, I also want to help the world find cure for diseases, I wanna work with animals too! I want to be pychiatrist/psychologist!! I don't know what I want to be!! I used to want to be a laywer, then I wanted to be a banker, but that was just for money...I can't decide, and it really bothers me. Because people say, Oh, you still have 3 more years and then college to think about what you want to do! I'm like, that's not exactly a long time, my freshman year is already almost over, and i'm not even close to finding out what I want to be!

It takes a long time to know what you want to be. You end up changing your mind so many times over the years. When I was 3 years old, I wanted to be a garbage man. LMAO

I'm not sure. I'm looking into film, like producing, directing, or screenwriting.

The thing that scares me is that I'm not sure if I want to major in film since I don't know much about it, but I'm still planning towards it. And if I do decide to go into it, there's lots of competition out there.

i have no idea what i want to do, and i graduate in one year!oh my! but i know what i love to do but i cant find any job that would be good for me(both emotionally and financially!) okay here are the things i love to do: act/sing/write/and design fashion. all fields are monsters to get into, and i would literally kill the kids if i were a teacher!lol, so im thinking of just majoring in instrumental preformance or vocal performance with a minor in fashion(or flip flop that one or add in journalism somewhere!oh i dont know, i dont want to think about it!!!!lol)

i'm a third year in college right now so i'm starting to panic about my future. :blink:

but for right now, i'm majoring in psychology. at first, i wanted to go into experimental psychology because i can't stand clinical psychology. i can barely deal with my own problems; there's no way i want to deal with dozens of other people's problems for a living. so now i'm looking into either experimental psychology with a developmental aspect or forensic psychology.

i don't know though because my grades majorly suck and i need to work really hard if i want to go to grad school. :confused:

Wow, everyone's so diverse. I have no idea what I want to do, I love acting, but there's no hope for it, so I'm not sure. When I was 3 I wanted to be an optometrist, so maybe I'll try that out. I don't know.

I was going to create this thread! Oh, well you beat me to it. I want to become a Photographer. I am really good, at least my family and friends think so (I hope thier not just saying that).

you wanted to be an optometrist when you were THREE?! that's so random!! :lol:

sorry, it's just that when most kids are three they usually want to be something really out there like an astronaut or cowboy or something. certainly not an optometrist. you were a quirky child, weren't you? ;)

Very quirky. The odd duck, it's always been me, and forever shall be. ^_^ I got glasses when I was 3, and it fascinated me, so I wanted to be an optometrist.

i have no idea what i wanted to be when i was three!i think a ballerina(i know what a stereotypical girl i am!lol) but my parents always tell me these stories when we were at family get togethers how i would yell at them to introduce me and then id come out and do a little number of singing some nursery rhyme with a short dance then go around the room and shake hands and thank them for coming(and they told me i even collected tips and asked for them!!LOL!)so my mom thinks i was a born entertainer but its just so hard to get into acting and im not sure im that good!
and kara everyone is so diverse but i think that is great!i would love if i could just live in the theatre and work in the costumes then write!but that will never happen!

Yea, but I broke them when I was like 5, and then found out I didn't need them!!

I wanted to be a ballerina at one point too! I made my Mom buy me a Tutu and I'd dance in front of my grandmother's fireplace. Although, I never took ballet. (??)

That just reminded me of a song... lol it just popped in my head when I saw that.

"So jaded, frustrated, it's all so complicated!"

Anyways, yea. My mom loves to ask me what I'm going to be. We're just driving along, and all of a sudden she goes "So!! What are YOU going to do with your life?!?" and I never answer cause I know it bugs her, but she keeps going on and on about what my favorite subjects are and what I could do with that. She wants me to set realistic goals for myself, since she kinda snickers when I say I want to act. Gah. :angry:

Back