Casting Spoilers - title edited

Status
Not open for further replies.
here it is :

Catch up with Your Fave MIA Characters; Plus, Greg Grunberg's Ready for His Close-Up

by Kristin | October 03, 2003
(The artist formerly known as Wanda)
Casper might be a friendly ghost, but let's be clear--there's no ghost I'd rather be "friendly" with than James Marsters.

The Buffy alum is back from the dead on Angel, and to celebrate (and stalk), E! News Live is going to the set of the WB's Angel next Wed., Oct. 8, at 7 p.m. for live interviews with Marsters, David Boreanaz and the rest of the cast. And they chose yours truly to conduct the interviews, as I am a model of professionalism and journalistic integrity (and thankfully that whole restraining order business has been cleared up).

And since I want you to join in the fun, I've requested a little one-on-one time with Marsters (for you, really), so he can answer your questions on everything Spike, Angel and his kickin' band, Ghost of the Robot. You can send in your questions nice and early. Then come back next Friday for the answers.

Speaking of Dead Men Walking: First, Colin on Everwood, then an ER doc I adore (if you want to know who, check out the chat transcripts). And now, I'm told the next beloved TV fave to whom we must pay our final respects is none other than--hope you're sitting down for this--Lena Olin of Alias.

Cut to me...fetal position...crying.

According to a source close to the show, Olin won't be returning at all this season. Though producers tried desperately to get her to sign on for multiple episodes, word is her price tag may have been too steep.

Now, of course, Olin or no Olin, Alias is still the best damn show on TV. But here's hoping Olin knows how much she'll be missed.

And speaking of sorely missed, we can't forget about Bradley Cooper (Will), who is actually rumored to be coming back for six episodes. I tried to pry the goods out of Alias star Greg Grunberg (more on him later).

"I have no idea," he said. "I hope he comes back. I miss working with him. I know he's busy with other things, but hopefully he'll have time to do at least six. Bradley, if you're out there in witness relocation land? If you can hear me, it's Weiss...your instant buddy. Remember the magic tricks I showed you? I miss you. Come back, buddy!"

Funny enough, I cried a similar plea to Mike Erwin (Colin of Everwood) when I ran into him at last Sunday's TV Guide Emmy party--and gasped as if seeing a ghost.

"How could you leave us like that?!" I howled while throwing my arms around him. "How could you go and die on us?!"

"It wasn't my fault!" Erwin, ever the good sport, said while prying me off. "And trust me, it's even harder for me because I've had to keep this a secret since February." (That said, chalk one up for Team Everwood. Despite bribes, boozing and begging, no one saw Colin's death coming.)

The good news: We can expect more of Sleeping Booty (as in, Erwin). He just finished a film in August called Home of Phobia with Marla Sokoloff, and now he's looking for "the next good thing."

Weiss Crack: Back to Greg Grunberg (now an Alias regular and star of JJ Abrams' new drama project), who didn't just answer my Q about Bradley Cooper, he also gave a few insights on the new season.

Any truth to the rumor you'll be shacking up with Sydney (Jennifer Garner)?
"Shacked up? Define 'shacked.' Do we hang out a lot more? Yes. Are we roommates? You'll have to tune in."

How is it working with your old Felicity pal Amanda Foreman again?
"Mandy is so great in every role she plays. Selfishly, I couldn't be happier to be working with my buddy again. I just love her. The timing worked out to bring her on the show, and I hope they use her a lot. She and Kevin Weisman) are great together."

Okay, what can you tell us about this season?
"It truly is a new beginning. I know that sounds like a line from the ABC promo department, but if you think about it, Sydney woke up after two years not knowing where she has been. That alone is a great idea for a show. Then you take the fact that Alias can go anywhere at any time, where anything can happen, and you're talking some good s--t! Also, I think when you watch the show this year, you'll see it is truly all about Weiss. Nothing else really matters."

Brotherly Love: Proving it's his personal mission to star in all the best shows on the telly, D.B. Woodside, who last season moved from Once and Again to Buffy, is now in full swing in his latest role on 24.

"I'm playing Dennis Haysbert's [President Palmer's] little brother," Woodside said. "He hires me to become his new White House Chief of Staff."

And it sounds like little bro's personality will be very different from the Prez. Could he be eeevil? "I wouldn't say evil," Woodside said. "But I would definitely say I do whatever it takes to protect my brother's presidency, as well as him."

Hmmm...Do I smell the second incarnation of Sherry Palmer? "I think my character is actually more overt than Sherry. [Laughs.] Sherry is dishonest. He's very direct. He plays dirty politics, but he's honest about playing dirty politics."

How long will he be playing dirty? Well, we all know 24's spoiler security makes CTU look like Romper Room, so it's no surprise when Woodside says he can't reveal the length of his contract. It's also no surprise he's hoping to stay. "I feel bad saying this because of Buffy," Woodside gushed, "but I never had as much fun on a set as this. It's great, because everyone who shows up for work wants to be there. That should be the norm, but it's not."

Him Tarzan, You Watch? The WB's Tarzan debuts this Sunday, cramming an already busy viewing schedule. So, just in case you want it, here's my advice on tackling Sunday nights this season: Watch Alias. TiVo Fox's Arrested Development (which you will love--Oh yes). And catch Tarzan in reruns.

The Frog's latest superhero sexpot--Travis Fimmel--is delicious enough to make Tarzan a guilty cult pleasure, but it certainly isn't worth skipping the aforementioned fare. Especially because, as you may have heard, producers have decided to focus less on his relationship with Jane (played by appealing newcomer Sarah Wayne Callies) in favor of more action--and Fimmel's abs.

And speaking of which, here's a quote to make you curse your genes. "I really don't work out," Fimmel told me at a press junket over the summer. "I'm too busy working, and I'm like any other guy, you know? The workout I do for the show is more movement stuff, like how a primitive person would move."

Blind Riddle of the Week: Two smoking-hot WB stars (one former, one current) were spotted recently partying it up at the House of Blues in Hollywood. They're an unlikely duo--though they did both guest on one of my all-time faves back in 1999. And given their squinty mellowness and apparent munchies, let me tell you, these young Hollywood hipsters weren't just smoking hot.

Smallville DVD Giveaway: Tarzan isn't the only heroic hottie on the Frog net. Smallville just returned for its third season, and to celebrate, everyone who enters this Monday's chat is eligible to win one of five copies of Smallville: The Complete First Season DVD. (Be sure to read the rules.)

So, join me this Monday at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT for more goodies on Alias, ER, Friends and all your faves.

In the meantime, you can get more scoop in the weekly chat transcripts. And if you have a question or a tip, feel free to email me.

Happy tubing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back