"Catch and Release"

Alias_Gay

Ensign
I don't know if the negotiations are final, but it would be awesome ... (y)

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Alias" star Jennifer Garner, who most recently starred on the big screen in "13 Going on 30," is in negotiations to headline the romantic comedy "Catch and Release."

The Columbia Pictures project deals with a woman facing the sudden death of her husband and the secrets he kept from her. "Erin Brockovich" scribe Susannah Grant is making her feature directorial debut on the project, working from her own script.

Garner will next be seen on the big screen in 20th Century Fox's "Elektra." She also has appeared in the films "Catch Me If You Can," "Pearl Harbor"

Another romantic comedy. Well, she does well in the role so I can see why she went for it.

Thanks for the info, Gogo :smiley:

:P I think this is a smart move. Very interesting story.

But I would love to see Jen as Sophie Neveu, in the adaptation of the best seller The Da Vinci Code :P Wouldn´t it be awesome? Sophie Neveu is a GREAT character... they haven´t found an actress to play that role yet, but I heard that it´s going to be a very hard competition. It´s the kind of role that could change the life of an actress, if it is played well.

I agree she would be great as Sophie. She's actually who I pictured while reading the book. I guess it would depend on when the film it, 05 or 06. I'm guessing 06.

julesvartan said:
I agree she would be great as Sophie. She's actually who I pictured while reading the book. I guess it would depend on when the film it, 05 or 06. I'm guessing 06.
[post="1053546"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

When I read the book I didn't really picture a specific person, but now that I think about it, you are so right. JG could totally play Sophie and I hope she gets the part!

But I would love to see Jen as Sophie Neveu, in the adaptation of the best seller The Da Vinci Code  Wouldn´t it be awesome? Sophie Neveu is a GREAT character... they haven´t found an actress to play that role yet, but I heard that it´s going to be a very hard competition. It´s the kind of role that could change the life of an actress, if it is played well.

Well everything that has been reported Jen is actually in the running for the part so we will see.

Yup they are. I think Tom Hanks, Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman are in the hunt for the male lead.

Actually, it has been announced that Tom Hanks got the role. As for the Sophie Neveu role, they´re looking for a French actress, as the author suggested, because he thinks people would get very disappointed otherwise. But there is also a chance for the oscarized actresses around (like Nicole Kidman, Charlize Theron, Halle Berry...).

I think it was a good choice to bring Tom Hanks, but I think any of those actresses will have chemistry with him. But that´s just me... :P I hope they find a good one.

So is Jen out of the running then?

Haven't heard a thing about casting yet. So I don't know. I only heard on the offchance of listening to the television that Jen was in the running for it. We will see. A big thing to remember that might be limiting her to get a role that huge is Alias.

tldinc said:
Tom Hanks (likely), Kate Beckinsale (rumored)
[post="1067027"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

For some reason I don't see Tom Hanks in that role...Clive Owen would have been perfect for that role, assuming he has a good American accent...but, I'm obsessed with all things Clive right now, so I'm biased...

As far as actresses, I like Emmanuelle Beart from Mission Impoosible I fame...she's French and very talented...

According to newsweek Tom Hanks is for sure and they're getting a French actress for Sophie, so no JG. As a Jennifer fan I'm like (n) but as someone who loved the Da Vinci Code I'm more :D It's more realistic to have Sophie be played by a Frenchwoman.

But yeah Tom Hanks is NOT sexy enough to be the Langden I imagined. He's a good actor, though, so maybe he'll surprise me.

Back