"Catch and Release"

I am problay going to have to wait a lot longer then next Jan because of the country I am in (New Zealand) We tend to take forever to get new movies. I am really looking forward to seeing it at least 3 times at the movies! Anything with Jennifer in it means I have to go and see it heaps. :D

I think it will take a while before it is in my country as well!
We don't even get everything of Jennifer in it.
Although we dit get 13 going on 30!

catchandrelease_posterbig.jpg

Wide Release on January 26th, 2007 ... ;)

^ Yeah, I'm literally counting down the days. Had to wait FOREVER to see this one, lol. I've seen the trailer and it looks awesome! I have my second (out of three) exam on that day, so after I'm done that I know exactly where I'll be (I'll study for the history one later, lol).

I saw a few previews on TV on new years, and I literally screamed. I nearly woke the baby, LOL, but it just looks SOOOOO good! Andrea, are we writing our Tech exam that day? If so, I'm going to be out of their pretty fast, LOL. This is what makes exams worth while ;) Now, if we could just get an Alias movie...

I can't see it until Saturday. I wanted to see in Friday night, but I have a track meet that day...grrr...so I'll see it Saturday first thing. And who knows? Maybe for my brithday the next week! I'm excited!

I just saw it today, and all I can say is WOW!! It was absolutley amazing. Probably better than I originally expected. Jen does an awesome job. It's probably one of her better performances in a movie. It has so much in it that you don't feel like you're going to see purely a romantic movie or a comedy. It's like everything. There's one point in the movie that will definitley remind any Alias fan of Alias. Trust me, you'll catch it, lol I can't really say anything else without giving stuff away, but I was perched on edge of my seat the entire time (it was actually pathetic). EVERYBODDY GO SEE IT!!! YOU'LL LOVE IT (I'm for sure going again, lol)

I just found out today that I can't see it....it isn't coming to Flagstaff!!! Well, not right now, anyway, and I REALLY want to see it. I'm crossing my fingers for next weekend so I can see it for my birthday...but I'm glad to hear it was good!

OMFG, SOOOOOO GOOD! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time (not because it was suspenseful, but it was just SOOO good)! I think if Jen keeps up like this, she might have a shot at an Oscar or something. One day, man! :woot:

AND JEN HAS MY NECKLACE! The necklace she is wearing is the exact same one I have! Its not important, but I just thought I would share, LOL. It makes me feel special :P

And I spent the whole time making references to Alias, LOL. I'm definitely going to see this movie at least seven more times (I saw 13 Going on 30 seven times, LOL, and when the Alias movie comes out, I'll see it 47 times!)

But, yeah, 5/5! A different role for Jen, but good different.

Comedy spoof "Epic Movie" leads U.S. box office

The lowbrow comedy spoof "Epic Movie" opened at No. 1 at the weekend box office in North America, while several newly minted Oscar nominees enjoyed solid sales, according to studio estimates issued on Sunday.

"Epic Movie," one of four new wide releases in the marketplace, earned about $19.2 million since opening Friday, exceeding industry expectations.

The film, which spoofs such movies as "The Da Vinci Code" and "Snakes on a Plane," was released by 20th Century Fox, a unit of News Corp. The studio said the youth-skewing comedy cost in the low-$20 million range to make.

Hollywood couple Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner had competing new entries, albeit targeted at different audiences.

Affleck's gangland saga "Smokin' Aces" (Universal Pictures) opened at No. 2 with a solid $14.3 million, ahead of Garner's romance "Catch and Release" (Columbia Pictures) at No. 4 with a modest $8.0 million. The werewolf romance "Blood & Chocolate" (MGM) opened well out of the top 10 with just $2.1 million.

After two weeks at the top, Columbia's urban dance drama "Stomp the Yard" fell to No. 5 with $7.8 million; its total rose to $50.7 million.

Universal Pictures is a unit of General Electric Co.'s NBC Universal. Columbia is a unit of Sony Corp . Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer is privately held.

As for the films honored with Oscar nominations last Tuesday, leading contender "Dreamgirls" fell three places to No. 6 with $6.6 million, despite a boost in its theater count.

Although it led the field with eight nods, Paramount Pictures' musical drama failed to secure a mention for the coveted best picture title, an omission that relegates it to the sidelines as hype builds for the February 25 awards ceremony.

Independent distributor Picturehouse's Spanish-language fantasy "Pan's Labyrinth" earned $4.8 million, slipping one to No. 8. Mexican director Guillermo del Toro's six-time Oscar nominee has earned $16.3 million to date, and is well on its way to breaking the record for a Spanish-language release, currently held by "Like Water For Chocolate" with $21 million.

"The Queen," also with six nominations including best actress for Helen Mirren, held steady at No. 9 with $4 million. The total for the Miramax Films release stands at $41.2 million after 18 weeks.

Martin Scorsese's crime thriller "The Departed" was reissued on the heels of its five nominations, and earned $3.0 million at No. 12. The Warner Bros. release has earned $125 million after 17 weeks.

The multilingual ensemble drama "Babel" (Paramount Vantage) -- No. 2 on the Oscar tally with seven nominations -- earned $2.6 million, taking its total to $27.2 million.

Paramount and Paramount Vantage are units of Viacom Inc. Picturehouse and Warner Bros. are units of Time Warner Inc. Miramax is a unit of Walt Disney Co.

I just saw the movie and it was great. Jennifer does drama so well and she can definitely do comedy.
That sucks that it only did $8 million but at least it was in the top 5 for the weekend.
And I agree that an Alias movie would definitely be awesome!

Back