"Catch and Release"

KGByall said:
does anyone know specifically where they are filming Catch And Release in Vancouver?  i live here and would love to see the set from afar, as i do with so many films/tv shows....god, Vancouver has gotten to be such a popular filming place.
Anywhoo, if anyone knows, email me KGByall@hotmail.com
i know they've been spotted in West van, but also downtown.  i live closer to downtown so i'm hoping it's there.
[post="1372752"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Try the Hollywood North forum for actual locations of filming.
http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/forums...?showtopic=2278

I got curious and found this news from someon named Hollybee:
Jun 16 2005, 08:23 AM Post #36 

They are filming Catch & Release in the area of Cypress Street and 15th-13th Avenue (Kitsilano). I live on 16th and Cypress so thats how I know. I was walking home from work yesterday and came across a whole slew of movie trucks parked up and down 12th, 13th and 14th avenues between Cypress and Maple. Then there were lightning equipment, cranes etc and a lot of movie people around a few big old houses around 15th ave. So i guess they are shooting in the houses. I saw directors chairs, makeup dressers etc right beside the house. One of the set guys was telling curious neighbours that the movie was called Catch & Release. I went home and looked it up on the net and saw it was a Jennifer Garner movie. Later that night i was walking home from the movies and passed the set again. They were still at the same houses and there was a bunch of kids and parents crowded around watching. Just as we were passing by a black Escalade pulled up in front of the set and the guy in the front got out and opened the back door. I couldnt see very well, but my boyfriend said it definitly looked like Jennifer Garner.

Catch and Release (2006)

Starring:

Jennifer Garner
Sonja Bennett
Timothy Olyphant
Juliette Lewis
Sam Jaeger

Director: Susannah Grant
Producer: Jenno Topping
Screenwriter: Susannah Grant

A woman must deal with the untimely death of her husband and the revelation of secrets he kept from her.

Genres: Comedy, Drama and Romance

Release Date: April 28, 2006 Nationwide
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Distributor: Sony Pictures Releasing

My mom and I went to see Family Stone....one of the previews was catch and release. I thought it was funny that her significant other dies, it is just like alias, poor danny and vaughn.

My mom and I went to see Family Stone....one of the previews was catch and release. I thought it was funny that her significant other dies, it is just like alias, poor danny and vaughn.

hahah i was just thinking that too :lol: at least Jen had alot of experience in losing a loved one onscreen ;)

i need to see the family stone just to see that preview hahaha and i'll give Jen a shout out and get weird stares from people :lol:

the trailer is awesome!! i cant wait to see it!

does anyone know the second song that they use in the trailer? the first one is Jem "Just A Ride" but what's the second one?

k guys so i saw family stones but i didnt have the preview...so i looked it up
here is the website CATCH AND RELEASE | Sony Pictures Entertainment

it looks hillarious i cant wait to see it!!!
best line!!~do you know what Grady (i think thats what it said)never knew about me i steal library books and also i can put my whole fist in my mouth but you dont want to see it....also i made out with a girl once haha

but it looks great...ill prolly be seeing it opening day!!

Yeah the one week they filmed in my home town (Boulder, CO, which is where it takes place) I was in California with my dad. I was SO mad too, considering Jen filmed about 3 feet away from my old office.

OO ya I'll defiantly be there opening night with my best friends, lol!!!! This movie looks so good!!!! For french I had to do this thing where we described a person (friend, family member, someone you admire...etc.). So, natually I did Jennifer Garner, and I said something about Catch and Release. My teacher asked me what it was about, and I relaized it's a hard movie to describe. "Well, this girl's fiance dies, and then she hates his best frined, and realizes all of these secrets, and umm ya...then she begins to fall for her fiance's best frined...lol! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR APRIL.28!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Andrea :angelic:

Ya, I know. I am so mad now!! I just found out like a couple weeks ago. I seriosuly want to cry. It's stupid! They have the trailors and everything so why 2007?

~Andrea :angelic:

I can't believe that its not coming out until 2007! I'm annoyed with that haha. I wanna see Jen! Now that we can't see her on TV anymore :( we need to see her in new movies at least...I can only watch my Jen DvDs so many times before I need a new one! haha

OO ya I'll defiantly be there opening night with my best friends, lol!!!! This movie looks so good!!!!

^^ Oh yea... my best bud and I already have plans for that... mostly because we planned them in anticipation of the april 28th date... so now we just have to wait for the actual date.... haha

just saw the trailer on Yahoo! for this movie ... it looks pretty darn good and fun ... can't wait to see it ... release date is for January 2007 ... :woot:

Back