Caught Up In Reality

Oh my gosh! For ONCE, I'm glad that I have this amazing ability to procrastinate! :lol: It's come in handy for like the first time ever :D *hugs my laziness* Because without it, I wouldn't have come in here looking for something worthwhile to read! :woot:

Duuuuude. This fic is SO awesome. You have no idea how much I love it already, it's just bwilliant! :woot: And it's gonna be so much fun too! *does a lil jig* I can hardly wait till the next update!!!

Can I pwease be added to the pm and addicts list? :angelic: I'm in love with this fic already :P

Pleeeeease update soon! *begs*

:notworthy:

Cai
x

Haha I love you guys! Here's chapter four! :D Enjoy!

Great chappie.
Jack is way to overprotective of Sydney!
I love Irina though - sheis great especially with the Sydney and Vaughn thing.
I love when Vaughn said it was nice to be out in public together. They must of had a lot to talk about for it to be six already!
Love the spoilers!
Thanx for thepm
Update soon.

Yep. Jack definetely has a weakness there. He makes baaaad decisions when it comes to Syd. :smiley:

Oh my gosh! For ONCE, I'm glad that I have this amazing ability to procrastinate!  It's come in handy for like the first time ever  *hugs my laziness* Because without it, I wouldn't have come in here looking for something worthwhile to read!

Duuuuude. This fic is SO awesome. You have no idea how much I love it already, it's just bwilliant!  And it's gonna be so much fun too! *does a lil jig* I can hardly wait till the next update!!!

Can I pwease be added to the pm and addicts list?  I'm in love with this fic already

Pleeeeease update soon! *begs*

Your wish is my command! **magic swirly thing**

Caught Up in Reality
Forwards

Sydney and Vaughn stepped through the restaurant doors at six-thirty. Scanning the room for Jack and Irina, Sydney saw her parents staring at each other over their table for two. She could tell that Jack was angry and scared; it was written all over his face. It was harder to tell with Irina, who frequently hid her emotions.

"Excuse me, how long has that couple been waiting?" She asked a passing waitress.

"About forty minutes, ma'am. Will you be joining them?" The waitress replied.

"Yes, thank you." Sydney responded. Looking at Vaughn, she could tell he still had doubts on whether he would make it through dinner alive.

**flashback**

"Vaughn?" Sydney had asked as she wove through the traffic. "Vaughn are you okay?"

"Your dad is going to kill me." For the first time since she had known him, Vaughn looked positively petrified.

"No he's not. We'll just explain to him what happened and-"

"Syd. Even if we told him that we were late because we were taking down SD-6, he would still eat me alive."

"His bark is worse than his bite. You'll be fine. He's just a little...protective. Especially when it comes to me."

"So I've noticed."

The waitress lead Syd and Vaughn over to the table, and went to get two more chairs for Sydney and Vaughn. As soon as the waitress left, Jack began to speak.

"We had a table for four, but they made us move after the first twenty minutes."

"Dad, I'm so sorry we lost track of time..."

"That's no excuse, Charisse," He interjected her alias's name for emphasis. "The least you could have done was call to let me know you were okay." He turned on Vaughn. "And you..." Jack was too mad to get the words out. Irina decided it was time to step in.

"We can discuss this at the hotel. Come on, let's go. We'll get room service for dinner."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Irina hailed a taxi outside the restaurant; Jack berated Vaughn and Sydney the whole way back, but it was mostly Vaughn who shouldered the wrath of Jack Bristow. Irina was too consumed by her thoughts to try to break up any arguments. It's going to be harder than I thought, getting Sydney and Vaughn together. I'm sure that after this, Jack won't let either of them out of his sight. They'll find a way. Or I'll find one for them. Irina didn't fully understand love, it wasn't something she had experienced or longed for, but she could see it when it was there. And it was there. She was sure of it.

Upon arriving back at the hotel, the two couples went back to their separate rooms, just like nothing had ever happened. Sydney knew it was far from over. Vaughn and Sydney decided not to order anything from room service; they had had their fill at the café. Jack and Irina, on the other hand, were starving and got Chinese food. .

"What time do we need to leave tomorrow?" Irina asked. Jack consulted the cruise tickets.

"The ship leaves at nine, we'll need to be ready to leave the hotel at eight. So we should get up early, around six, so that we can be ready." Jack replied. Irina set the alarm for six. Then she began to clean up after the Chinese food, stacking the little white containers they had been delivered in.

She began to get ready for bed at ten. She got on her black silk pajamas and brushed her teeth in the small bathroom. Jack had changed outside and was waiting his turn outside the bathroom door. She emerged, and he began his nocturnal routine, brushing his teeth and washing his hands. He thought about shaving, but decided to do it the next morning. He turned out the lights in the bathroom and closed the door behind him. After locking the hotel room door, he turned back to the bed and was startled to see that Irina had already turned down the covers and was reading a Russian novel on the bed. Pretending not to notice, he got in on the other side and turned out his light. After reading for an hour, Irina closed her book with a sigh and turned out the light. Settling herself deeper under the covers, she was asleep within minutes. Jack too attempted slumber, but every time he closed his eyes, they snapped back open at the slightest sound. Finally he slipped into a fitful sleep around two in the morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the other side of the wall, Sydney and Vaughn were still laughing and talking, sitting on the floor in their room. It was only when Sydney began to yawn that she noticed how late it was.

"Tired?" Vaughn asked her as she smothered another yawn.

"A little," she admitted. "What time do we have to be up tomorrow?"

"Six. You should get some rest," he said, standing and helping her up as well. She pulled herself up, coming to stand very close to Vaughn. She could feel his breath on her face, his lips inches from her own. She breathed in his clean, natural scent for a few moments before starting to move away. She felt Vaughns hand on her shoulder, pulling her back to him. She looked up into his eyes and saw something there she couldn't quite describe, but she could feel it mirrored in her own. After a moment, Vaughn dropped his hand from her arm and looked away.

"I'm, uh, going to go get ready for bed." He said. She nodded and began to gather her pajamas together and went into the bathroom to change. As she flossed her teeth, she reflected on what had passed between them.

Exiting the bathroom, she noticed Vaughn was setting up on the couch.

"Vaughn."

"Yeah?" He said, looking up from his work.

"C'mon, I mean, we're adults. We can both sleep on the bed." She held her breath as she waited for his response.

"Okay. I just didn't know what you'd be comfortable with." He began to move his things over to the left side of the bed.

"You know I'm always comfortable with you." She assured him. She got under the covers on the right side of the bed, and was asleep the moment her head hit the pillow. Vaughn quietly finished getting ready to settle down for the night and slipped under the covers on his side.

He watched Sydney as she slept, his eyes taking in everything about her, from the way her eyes fluttered as she slept to the phrases she would sometimes mumble. Before he fell asleep he tentatively brushed her forehead with his lips, causing her to inch closer to him in her sleep. Vaughn fell into a deep slumber, a smile on his face.

Irina's mumbled some curses in Russian, but they were muffled by her pillow as she blindly groped for the alarm clock. Finding it, she hit the snooze button.

"Irina, stop hitting that alarm and get up." Jack yelled from the bathroom.

Unfortunately, Irina thought, Jack doesn't have a snooze button. Irina threw back the covers and stretched before getting out of bed. Jack, it seemed, had been up for a while. He was dressed, showered, and shaved.

"Sydney does the same thing."

"What?"

"Hits the snooze button multiple times."

"Very funny." Irina went to get ready.

Sydney awoke to find herself in the confines of two strong arms, both wrapped loosely about her waist. She was quite alarmed until she realized it was Vaughn. His warm breath broke over her neck, sending shivers down her spine. Warm hands set her bare skin afire, and she reveled in his touch. Their legs were tangled together under the masses of sheets. Behind her, Sydney could feel Vaughn's strong chest along her back. If only she could stay like this forever...

Catching sight of the digital clock on the nightstand, she reluctantly disengaged herself from Vaughn's arms, trying not to wake him. But the moment the warmth of her body was gone his eyelashes fluttered open to reveal his bright, clear eyes. They smiled at each other as they started their day.

Neither of them felt the need to apologize for the way they had woken up.

The foursome met in the hotel's little buffet for breakfast before checking out. Sydney signaled two taxis and proceeded to load her and Vaughn's bags into the trunk of one, while Jack stuffed the remaining baggage into the other. Fifteen minutes later, they stood next to the SS Grandeur, bags in hand.

So? What'd you think??? Reviews are loved and huggled. ^_^

Exiting the bathroom, she noticed Vaughn was setting up on the couch.

"Vaughn."

"Yeah?" He said, looking up from his work.

"C'mon, I mean, we're adults. We can both sleep on the bed." She held her breath as she waited for his response.

"Okay. I just didn't know what you'd be comfortable with." He began to move his things over to the left side of the bed.

"You know I'm always comfortable with you." She assured him. She got under the covers on the right side of the bed, and was asleep the moment her head hit the pillow. Vaughn quietly finished getting ready to settle down for the night and slipped under the covers on his side.

He watched Sydney as she slept, his eyes taking in everything about her, from the way her eyes fluttered as she slept to the phrases she would sometimes mumble. Before he fell asleep he tentatively brushed her forehead with his lips, causing her to inch closer to him in her sleep. Vaughn fell into a deep slumber, a smile on his face.
OMG! AWwwwwww! They're so damn cute! When are they gonna get together already???? :P

Sydney awoke to find herself in the confines of two strong arms, both wrapped loosely about her waist. She was quite alarmed until she realized it was Vaughn. His warm breath broke over her neck, sending shivers down her spine. Warm hands set her bare skin afire, and she reveled in his touch. Their legs were tangled together under the masses of sheets. Behind her, Sydney could feel Vaughn's strong chest along her back. If only she could stay like this forever...

Catching sight of the digital clock on the nightstand, she reluctantly disengaged herself from Vaughn's arms, trying not to wake him. But the moment the warmth of her body was gone his eyelashes fluttered open to reveal his bright, clear eyes. They smiled at each other as they started their day.
*Giggles*

Great Chapter!
I absolutely loved it
cant wait for more

:D

Great chappie.
Well atleast Jack didn't kill Vaughn! lol.
I love when Sydney said that she felt comportable with Vuaghn.
Sydney woke up in Vaughn's arms. That was soo cute!!
Thanx for the pm
Update soon

ixderevko said:
Irina's mumbled some curses in Russian, but they were muffled by her pillow as she blindly groped for the alarm clock. Finding it, she hit the snooze button.

"Irina, stop hitting that alarm and get up." Jack yelled from the bathroom.

Unfortunately, Irina thought, Jack doesn't have a snooze button. Irina threw back the covers and stretched before getting out of bed. Jack, it seemed, had been up for a while. He was dressed, showered, and shaved.

"Sydney does the same thing."

"What?"

"Hits the snooze button multiple times."

"Very funny." Irina went to get ready.
[post="1365091"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lmao! i can just imagine this happening. :lol:

ixderevko said:

[post="1365091"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's so wonderful & fluffy. I LOVE IT. can i get a pm and be addict #13?

Of course! Addicts to date are... **drumroll please**

#1:: sydneyluvsvaughn4eva
#2:: ohiochic2010
#2 and 1/4:: alias/gglover
#3:: Cai
#13:: SydneyAnneVaughn

Oh that was frickin awesome!!!! Syd and Vaughn are soooo adorable, Jack and Irina crack me up! You have a gift for writing!!! Keep it up I love it!! Thanks for the pm!!

YARRRRRGHHH!

*runs around screaming*

Cuteness overload!!! :woot: Gosh, when Syddie and Vaughnie woke up together... Awww.. *dies of happiness* DUDE!

:jump:

I think I'm obsessed over this fic already... Completely and utterly obsessed :P

And goshness, they're going on the cruise next chapter, aren't they!? :woot: This is going to be so much fun! SpyMummy, and SpyDaddy, and Syddie and Vaughnie, all going sailing on a widdle boatie together... :love: Aw... I can't wait for you to update! Lol, and I mean weally weally WEALLY can't wait...

*hops from one foot to another*

It's like having to go to the bathroom, only there's a huge long line when you get there...

:lol: Okay, weird example. But that's how impatient this fic makes meee! It's too bwilliantly written!! Hope you update soon ;)

Cai
x

Great update! I loved their little "date" at the coffe shop! And of course, the way the woke up... :love: But my favorite part was this sentence:
Makes me smile super big!! :D :D
Thanks for the Pm! Can't wait for more fluff and more Jack! He is so funny!! He tries to appear as a very tough guy, but inside he's just a big teddy bear who loves his daughter a tiny bit too much!! :smiley:

Veronique

OMG that waz such an awesome
chapter i love love love this fic soOoOoOo MUCH
syd n vaughn r soooo cute
thanks 4 the pm
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE REALLY SOON
Moni xOx :angelic:

omg i freakin love this fic!! holy felgercarb this thing is awsome! syd and vaughn, *sighs* the way they woke up together! holy felgercarb! i wuv this fic, i wuv it good! thnx for the pm and pretty please update soon!

That was so so great! I love how they shared a bed and woke up like that! Vaughn kissed her forehead, i LOVE forehead kisses!!
Anyway this was just awesome!!
Plz update soon!

Back