Censorship

alias_fan said:
i heard something about that. wasn't sure what exactly it was but now i know... do you think microsoft accepts threatening petitions?
Do you think Bill Gates asks people to loan him five bucks?

sycofancy said:
the TIA will give the government the right to read you e-mail, log which sites you visit, and use that information to jail you or worse. So if you jest in you your personal e-mail about some worldly event ot happen to research say biological weapons for shcool the goevernment could use that against you and jail you with out telling you why....which is all thanks to the Patriot Act.

The Patriot Act in a nutshell allows the goverment to jail someone with out charges, indefinatly if they are seen as threat to national security.

Yes Big Brother is here.
S.
Big Brother, great. Let's look back on history, shall we? Do people not remember how insane the Red Scare was? Anything remotely against the government was considered an act of treason and communism. This idea is as idiotic and imbecilic as that. What's sad is that it doesn't surprise me. No stupid invasions of privacy surprise me anymore...our president isn't exactly the type of guy to use his brain to think stuff through...and his advisors want nothing less than total control. Uh oh...I just said something anti-patriotic...are they going to shoot me now? :angry:

*~*wHiTe ToWeL*~* said:
sycofancy said:
the TIA will give the government the right to read you e-mail, log which sites you visit, and use that information to jail you or worse. So if you jest in you your personal e-mail about some worldly event ot happen to research say biological weapons for shcool the goevernment could use that against you and jail you with out telling you why....which is all thanks to the Patriot Act.

The Patriot Act in a nutshell allows the goverment to jail someone with out charges, indefinatly if they are seen as threat to national security.

Yes Big Brother is here.
S.
Big Brother, great. Let's look back on history, shall we? Do people not remember how insane the Red Scare was? Anything remotely against the government was considered an act of treason and communism. This idea is as idiotic and imbecilic as that. What's sad is that it doesn't surprise me. No stupid invasions of privacy surprise me anymore...our president isn't exactly the type of guy to use his brain to think stuff through...and his advisors want nothing less than total control. Uh oh...I just said something anti-patriotic...are they going to shoot me now? :angry:
No, just imprisonment without representation, silly -_- but what do you expect from a guy who'd rather be the commisioner of the MLB than president

Back