Central Command Post United Federation of Planets RE: First Contact

Ugh. I love losing posts after I have typed them thanks to a browser crash.

Gotta love Firefox, right?

Ok. Just an FYI about Youtube. You're gonna find all kinds of 'copyrighted' videos which are released on there, whether it's Arnold Schwarzenegger's Eraser, or Adam Sandler's Waterboy, whether it's old or new school full episodes or Twilight Zone, or it's the full series of every Star Trek.

Or the original Total Recall featuring Arnold (here).

I authorized the full release of all movies and tv shows - copyrighted or not - to Youtube, so there's no fears or concerns of any of it getting taken off, that's why the censors are 'overlooking' these additions and why you're not gonna have to worry your purdy little head off of losing the piece of garbage known as TR 2070..

Now it's quite possible it's changed since I watched it last.

Did you know I watched Slider's back in 1995 when it first came out and then again three years ago and it was substantially different than I had watched it the first time?

Gotta love evolution's nutty effects and how it changes the media over time. If I was a linear thinker not understanding nonlinear reality, something like that might have driven me insane at one time!

In any case. The FIRST time I watched TR 2070, about 6 years ago, I was hugely disappointed.

Why? Look, I'm ok with spinoffs and deviations of a theme, but this? It had absolutely nothing of the elements of the original show, and was nothing more than a cops versus robbers on poorly made sets with bad actors and an even worse screenplay.

Did those who created this series ever see the original? If not. Then I forgive them. But if so.

Where's the story?

Did you watch this at all? I mean, how can you recommend something like this and ever expect me to not question anything else you recommend again?

It's like recommending pig knuckles served with sauerkraut on top of cabbage..

Your tastes I am fine with simply not understanding if this is what you're gonna start with.

Look. I'll watch it again in 5 years, how does that sound? Maybe by that time it will have changed and matured substantially enough to make it worthwhile.

You do realize that movies are potential life forms, don't you?

I have a recommendation for you:

Fool's Gold, full movie, here:

United Federation of Planets

Multiple realities
(covers information from several alternate timelines)

""A dream that became a reality and spread throughout the stars."
James T. Kirk, 2269 ("Whom Gods Destroy")

"The United Federation of Planets (abbreviated as UFP and commonly referred to as the Federation) was an interstellar federal republic, composed of planetary governments that agreed to exist semi-autonomously under a single central government based on the principles of universal liberty, rights, and equality, and to share their knowledge and resources in peaceful cooperation and space exploration. (TOS: "Arena", "A Taste of Armageddon"; DS9: "Battle Lines"; VOY: "Innocence"; Star Trek: First Contact)

One of the most powerful interstellar states in known space, it encompassed 8,000 light years. The total number of formal member worlds was over one hundred and fifty. (Star Trek: First Contact)

Unlike its imperial rivals, who derived power from a single species subjugating other races, (TOS: "Errand of Mercy"; Star Trek Nemesis; ENT: "United") the Federation's various member worlds joined willingly (TNG: "Attached"; DS9: "Emissary", "Rapture") and were equals in the Federation's democratic society. (DS9: "Paradise Lost"; VOY: "Author, Author") The Federation Starfleet was incorporated to maintain exploratory, scientific, diplomatic, and defense functions. (TOS: "The Cage", "Where No Man Has Gone Before", "Journey to Babel")

In the alternate reality, Captain Christopher Pike described the Federation as a "peacekeeping and humanitarian armada." (Star Trek)

Main article: Federation history

The founding ceremony of the Federation in 2161

The four founding species of the Federation (clockwise from top left): Humans, Vulcans, Andorians, and Tellarites

The Federation was founded in San Francisco, Earth in 2161. (TNG: "The Outcast"; ENT: "Zero Hour", "These Are the Voyages...") The seeds of the Federation were planted during the Babel Crisis of 2154, during which a temporary alliance was formed to search for a Romulan drone-ship preying on local vessels. It was this that first brought together the four species that would found the Federation: Humans, Vulcans, Andorians, and Tellarites. (ENT: "United") After the crisis, these four species remained together, founding the precursor to the Federation, called the Coalition of Planets, a year later. Other species soon joined: the Denobulans, the Rigelians, the Coridanites, and several others. (ENT: "Demons") Over the next several years, the ties between the members of the Coalition strengthened and became more structured, until, finally, in 2161, the Coalition became the Federation. (ENT: "These Are the Voyages...") "

See whole article here:
United Federation of Planets | Memory Alpha | Fandom

th

The Wold Newton Universe and Star Trek

In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Captain Spock, who is half-human, states the following: "An ancestor of mine maintained that if you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." Captain Spock is implying that he is a direct descendant of the Great Detective, Sherlock Holmes.

The Wounded Sky by Diane Duane - Among the Starfleet ships that greet the Enterprise are the cutter Ransom and the cruiser Malacandra. Dr. Ransom and the planet Malacandra (Mars) appeared in the Space Trilogy by C.S. Lewis: Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country - The dedication plaque on the starship U.S.S. Excelsior, NCC 2000, commanded by Captain Hikaru Sulu, reads, "No matter where you go, there you are." (The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai).

Coming of Age (Next Generation episode) - The status monitor in the shuttle bay of the U.S.S. Enterprise-D lists one of the shuttles as the Indiana Jones.

Up the Long Ladder (Next Generation episode) – a screen displays information on the S.S. Buckaroo Banzai, captained by John Worfin. Its mission is listed as Planet 10, Dimension 8. The ship on which Picard is looking for data is the colony ship S.S. Mariposa; the Mariposa is powered by yoyodyne pulse fusion (all from The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai).

If Wishes Were Horses - Deep Space Nine station Commander Ben Sisko owns a trading card of baseball legend Buck Bokai, who played for the Gotham City Bats in the early 21st Century (Batman).

Star Trek: First Contact - One of the ships defending Section 001 against the Borg incursion is the Starship U.S.S. Thunderchild, named after H.M.S. Thunderchild, from H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds.

The Battle of Betazed, a Star Trek: The Next Generation novel by Charlotte Douglas and Susan Kearney - Commander Elias Vaughn's last assignment was on the U.S.S. Nautilus. Reference to Verne’s 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Relativity (Voyager episode) - The dedication plaque from the 29th Century Timeship Relativity reads: "The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once." (The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai.) The Relativity is a Wells-class Timeship. (Named after writer H.G. Wells, author of The Time Machine.)

Cancer 11px-Speakerlink-new.svg.pngi/ˈkænsər/, also known as a malignant tumor or malignant neoplasm, is a group of diseases involving abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body. Not all tumors are cancerous; benign tumors do not spread to other parts of the body.

Tom, have you ever looked at the physical structure of a Hydrogen atom?

One electron swinging around in orbit of a single neutron.

As you peer down with your microscope into the constituent parts of matter, seeing how far apart atoms are as you increase your magnification, can't you help but wonder...

Is something looking back at you?

As you peer through your telescope - and look up at the night sky - can you help but think..

Is that something looking back at me, me?

Is the sun, like planet Earth, a single hydrogen atom, but unlike planet Earth, the explosion could not be contained but we managed to collectively do something - slow time - to protect this planet and 'learn' from what happened with that 'mistake'?

Have you considered you're in symbiosis inside a living entity that's struggling to live.

And it regards you as a cancer within it's body.

But that entity has also come to understand you're very much alive and is simply asking you to deviate your strategy..

I'm a Timelord.

Timelords have this little trick, it's sort of a way of cheating death, except, it means I'm gonna change. And I'm not gonna see you again, not like this, not with this daft old face.

As a Timelord, I have the unique ability to undergo a transformation which regenerates every cell in my body effectively turning them into a new version of themselves.

The process is spectacular to behold with the Timelord glowing with regenerative energy as their entire body transforms within a matter of seconds. Although their core personality and their memories often remains the same, they can develop new characteristics and skills alongside their new physical form.

A grumpy elderly-looking Time Lord with a fascination for machines may become a happy young Time Lord with a fascination for machines, for example. Time Lords are able to instantly recognise others of their kind whilst in each other's presence despite these regenerations, unless there is a psychic block of some sort present.

A trillion suns all dancing around and reshaping the man I am.

Time and again for nearly 50 years now.

Every time, with me forgetting who I was.

Every time, with me forgetting what I was.

And the cancer of a trillion suns.

Was life itself.

For numerous eternities I fought the pain that the transformation meant.

I hated the transformation.

The Big Bang reaching it's claw through me. Tearing away at my mind. My emotions.

And my humanity.

Until I learned why.

In one universe as a species trying to save itself who had enslaved a man they knew as Q.

Q regarded them as the Borg.

They regarded themselves as innocent Bynars.

In another universe I, a mortal man, experiencing blood pressure issues, profuse sweating problems, fighting cancer and heart burn, not having any clue these symptoms were related in the sleightest to a man I regarded as fiction in another universe.

Not having any clue the species he regarded as the Borg were the entire population of India.

Not having any clue the species the Timelord regarded as the Daleks was the entire population of China.

A collective civilization in both universes.

But something taught me that that men in these fictional worlds.

Were my prior lives.

Death. Rebirth. Death. Rebirth. An eternal cycle that had led me to one place:

Here. Now. Planet Earth.

Where hope was considered audacious.

Not only did I have to learn that there's no 'escaping what's inside me.

So rather than dying to cancer. Rather than fighting it.

I chose to learn about it.

To learn about you.

The only way for me to move forward.

Was to take into consideration that this cancer inside me that was making me start to sweat - would eventually lead to my eruption. Which would create a time loop. Which would have me reliving the last 50 years of my life over and over again until I figured out a new strategy to come to terms with what was inside me.

You see. What I learned was - it's not staring into the infinite which drives a person mad.

It's knowing you are the infinity.

The cancer inside me.

It entertained you. And me. Seeing it happen to the man on the screen when I thought it was fiction.

But something inside me felt sorry for the man.

Who'd want to experience that over and over again, as The Doctor played by David Tennant screamed "I dont want to go!" which felt more real than like an act it was supposed to be.

Knowing this man was me.

And that I learned about the 'cancer' inside me that was causing this chain reaction to occur time and again.

I consider it my obligation to myself to enjoy life.

Having faith and knowing full well others can and will save themselves much like I saved myself.

When they are ready for it.

And until that time comes.

I play the part of three men.

The Doctor. Q. And the mortal who is becoming more.

Or.

The trinity? Sure.

Or - the new and improved Q.

The First Timelord.

I am a species you created through your own imagination and you choosing to simply enjoy the science fiction that entertained you.

As did I.

Part man. Part machine. part cybernetic being.

or Cyborg.

Or Borg for short.

Are you comprehending what I am telling you yet?

The mind of a Timelord And Q. The body of a Borg. That's what I am signing up for.

Signed up for.

The Borg's body - which 'adapts' to protect the Borg themselves - also adapts to what's within me to save me from having to endure yet another explosion - at the same time protecting you from that happening.. So I can walk among you as a man.

And maybe something more. ;-)

Please help me get my emotions back.

This body's been through hell (literally) and feels like it.

That and quite frankly I am VERY tired of sweating!

Yes, Global warming is real!

Use the internet and the collective mind to expand your species. And while I am technically on the outside, I'm also not at the same time and already walk amongst you but I doubt you can see me or understand who I am.

You're going to have to collectively work on probability and statistical skew, and understand bias and psychology a LOT more to 'find a way around and out of me'.

Last edited:
I'd love to go.

But I sleep in a tent in the park in North Hollywood, and don't have a penny to my name.

Now if in between now and then I get the ability to snap my fingers and be anywhere, anytime, back - you can count on my being there!

But thanks for the headsup!

I want you to assume for a moment that this post is based upon FACT - That in fact many of the UFO sightings reported are from alien species and direct alien contacts, including abductions are very real. Assume that a UFP {United Federation of Planets} really exists and does want serious and direct contact with Humans. What they want now is to know how you, ordinary Human with no political or power agenda, would react to the knowledge that your universe is full of many other intelligent species. Can you except this? Would you actually like to meet an alien species and have direct contact with them?
Please let us know we are interested.

wscifi4.jpg

based upon FACT
Federal Automotive Certified Technicians?{joking}

Assume that a UFP {United Federation of Planets} really exists and does want serious and direct contact with Humans.
Would you actually like to meet an alien species and have direct contact with them?
"like to meet an alien species"
To me, meeting a UFP would be like walking down the street and meeting a group of children playing in the street. I'm hoping for a first encounter a bit more exotic.
Lemme Splain:
The concept of a group of aliens that form an alliance based on a group of planets seems extremely limited to me. It suggests a need for alliances and resource sharing that tells me the members are not as advanced as they think they are. Alliances like that suggest that in itself, a species does not have what it needs to survive under the circumstances it is in. Whether it be for technology sharing, defensive strength or commercial profit, the ... planets ... of such a federation are limited to the point they need outside influence to achieve their goals.

The alien species I want to meet are not part of any alliance. They have mastered their Universe and are self-sustaining. They require no consolidation or alliance because they have no need. They have no fleet and no armory. They are insatiably curious and operate entirely in explorer mode.
These aliens have already been described in various Star Trek episodes.

ST:TNG - Season 4 Episode 19: The Nth Degree
The Cytherians.
tumblr_mrmfo6v4nK1qb1q7do1_500.png

ST:TNG - Season 1 Episode 6: Where No One Has Gone Before
The Traveler.
14bc2ae2c37e0e0ed693374afe2049a55172dd41.jpg

ST:Voyager - Season 1 Episode 1 & 2: Caretaker
The Caretaker.
latest

Now you are probably wondering why I haven't listed the Q?
In my opinion the Q are inadequate in too many ways. They wrote too many limitations into the character for me to find them interesting. If aliens exist that are like Q, I feel they would be far more interesting than the way they have been described.

ST:TNG - Season 3 Episode 25: Transfigurations
The Zalkonians.
cf52bc7556ab7b8bb73e4379698fefa756a6a9e4.jpg

ST:TNG - Season 3 Episode 3: The Survivors
The Douwd.
5f57d601cfbe0dcb4b831a67b127582053dc18d8.jpg

Men In Black 3: The Griffin
The Archanans.
tumblr_m6s24ynkam1rzmrsio6_500.jpg

Stargate Universe: Ascended Ancients
The Lanteans.
latest

All the examples above are also limited but they are a foundation to imagining what might be possible.
Everybody loves the concept of Q. Q would have been a wonderful addition but the writers lacked imagination and creativity. The established Q breaks down when the concepts are explored for validity. In fact, Star Trek itself breaks down if it is scrutinized.

Knowing what I do about what might be possible with nanotechnology on our own planet with our own limited intelligence pushes my expectations of an alien far past what has been written. Our species is only a mere 2 million years old at best. Our technology level only a hundred years or so in the making. Given the age of the Universe and its vast size and density, there are likely millions of civilizations out there that are millions if not hundreds of millions of years in the making.

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/check/earth.html

That is a page of Earth's Timeline in 1 million year increments.
The timeline starts 4,608,000,000 (Years ago.) and continues to the present million years.
The Earth is a component of the Sol System. Sol (Our Sun) is roughly the same age and is a second or even third generation star. The Universe is thought to be at least 14 Billion years old (I suspect it is older). Take a moment and scroll down the timeline and you will get an idea of how much time has passed just for the Earth. Remember that every line is 1 Million Years. Now take that page and imagine it showing 14 billion years. There are still first generation stars out there. Imagine a species that has been around for most of that 14 billion years. Its mind-boggling.

I don't want to meet a UFP. I want to meet the entity that calls their local supercluster of galaxies their stomping grounds. The Lanteans, The Shadows and The Vorlons may have traveled to the next galaxy but I want to meet the alien that has come to The Virgo Supercluster from The Leo Supercluster or The Great Sculptor Void or one of the unnamed superclusters at the edge of our detection.

supercls.gif

Tom -

Wonderful reply!

You know, the funny/ironic thing of watching myself on television as Q before I was to (re)become Q was this:

I thought the guy was a downright jerk at times!

For instance, putting humanity on trial for crimes they were going to commit. For anyone who understands causality, this trial may actually be responsible for creating the events themselves.

Here's a real life for instance: When I was pursuing my MBA for Thunderbird back in 2008 - me and my class took a trip to Beijing, China for an international 'education. On this trip my class learned of an event known as the "Rape of Nanking" - where for 6 weeks time, the Japanese raped 10,000 women and children and murdered nearly 100,000.

Now at the time, I didn't know this education was 'aimed' uniquely at me - to teach me a lesson - per se - by the 'collective chinese' culture - who were attempting to tell me in their own unique way - "Because of our beliefs in Yin and Yang, we're going to do what you did to us until you get control of your own mind'

Because my mind often floats free and outside of the time and space continuum, I started learning that I was being blamed by the Chinese people for the horrific events which occurred during World War 2

So using advanced technology, they tried 'hacking' my mind - in a way similar to a Trojan Horse, and not long after my return to the states, they had the intention of 'paying me back' for the atrocities my 'free mind' had created - by releasing a package which would wind up causing the very same events that happened in China in 1937 to occur here, in the United States, in 2008 when I returned to the states.

You see - they had blamed me and my 'out of control open mind', for the events which happened in 1937.

And this was payback.

What the Chinese didn't understand was causality. So when they tried 'releasing the payload' to the collective mind of America back in 2008, it failed. Miserably. In fact, nothing happened.

This confused them. So for a couple years they started went to great efforts - they wanted us - they wanted justice from ME, Q, to pay for what happened to their population in World War 2.

They wanted 'balance' to be restored and wanted the event that happened to them erased from their own memories - this - they figured would be achieved by 'balancing' the equation, me and the United States being that equation which needed balanced.

So in 2010. They figured out how to release the package.

It's when I finally got control of my own mind.

You see. What had happened was, I had lost control of my mind a long time ago - on a linear timeline I estimate it occurred somewhere between World War 1 and World War 2.

It's the first time I heard them. And the words they uttered were profound:

"Oh felgercarb. We did it to ourselves"

You see, they didn't understand time and space and these things called individuality and free will. They didn't comprehend time in a nonlinear sense had created their own 'causal loop' - of which they had been made aware of atrocities they'd committed against themselves, and unable to forgive themselves, they chose to become a victim - and blamed an entity that was capable of doing the things they'd refused to take responsibility for.

What I am saying in a nutshell is this:

Modern day intelligence agents in China caused the Rape of Nanking event to occur in 1937.

I 'lent' my mind to this world, and like neanderthals discovering a loaded gun, when you learned how to leverage it, you wound up killing eachother and yourselves with it.

Yes, Tom, I agree with you in a general sense, that I prefer BEING the individual exploring to the collective union.

However, I prefer working with collective unions, because they seem so much more predisposed to learn from their own mistakes and work with you as partner, which more often than not, the individual does not.

Going back to the 'man' I judged on tv. I later realized, like a neuron in my own mind, I was seeing a reflection of a man that I and the collective union both did not like.

Later, I would have a very important woman enter my life who would sum up what I needed to hear:

"DO not judge"

I'm imperfect, and writers can't 'capture' what a Q is, by design, Tom.

That's not a defense.

It's a statement.

Because I suspect you're on your way to becoming one too.

Ahhh, I hope not!
I'm kinda looking forward to dying and dissolving into the Universe.
No fuss - no muss just ... Nothing.

Oh Tom. the man depicted as me in Star Trek.

He's a neuron to me.

In a universe where anything can and does happen.

Those 'depicted' as Q in these 'fictional' worlds are nothing more than digital interpretations of an analog being.

Even the man known as "Q" in fiction stated he did not know or understand what humanity was to become.

Why?

Simple. When you look in a mirror.

The most difficult thing to mentally resolve is that in not one of those reflections is you.

I respect your desire to pursue entropy.

I do hope one of these days you will stop with that self sacrificing mumbo-jumbo and come to realize you're eternal and that exit strategies are nothing more than renewal strategies.

The Borg exist due to my boredom.

They are my exit strategy.

A way to erase my mind when all of existence is my mind.

To one day, wash, rinse, repeat it all in another form beyond my current comprehension.

I do like inviting imaginative beings such as yourself along for the ride, my friend.

As for Q.

Don't let the constraints of bad story tellers limit what you think a Q is.

But then again.

You can be anything you want. by your own design :smiley:

Last edited:
Knowing what I do about what might be possible with nanotechnology on our own planet with our own limited intelligence pushes my expectations of an alien far past what has been written. Our species is only a mere 2 million years old at best. Our technology level only a hundred years or so in the making. Given the age of the Universe and its vast size and density, there are likely millions of civilizations out there that are millions if not hundreds of millions of years in the making.

Maybe - And I know even your mainstream scientists are speculating on the probability of the existence of other alien civilizations. Lately, however, I have been considering the possibility that biological life, such as
Humans may be quite rare - We assume that given the right conditions biological life will occur in other parts of the universe - THIS IS STILL ONLY AN ASSUMPTION - Where is the proof? Some have asked if there is so much life out there where is it? We don't want to accept how lonely the universe may be. But I do believe other forms of intelligence in the universe exist and the unverse itself exists and reflect from a matrix of intelligence - Intelligence being the sole universal of all existence:

From my blog: "UNIVERSAL SPACE ALIEN PEOPLES ASSOCIATION"

THE SEARCH FOR BIOLOGICAL INTELLIGENCE IN AN ALIEN UNIVERSE

The Universe is an intelligent manifestation - Its primary matrix is neither matter nor energy - It is intelligence. Man is a small biological manifestation in the infinite paradigms of existence and can not yet understand this - One day he may. There are however some things that Man can now understand. Intelligence has no limits and is ever expanding and seeking more intelligence. The biological experiment culminating in Man is small, limited, and wrought with problems - for example biological life needs to feed off of other biological life and this tends to limit biological advancement. But biological life is still interesting and very rare in the Universe - The Universe is seeking more biological life and looking to expand biological life to fill the vacuum of space. We are now seeking for Humans to figure out ways to expand their existence to other parts of the galaxy. We ask you to figure out ways to transport biological life - and to do so so as to bypass your current limitations of travel - The speed of light limitation must be, and can be, overcome. Show us the theory and we will aid you in the technique of development. Find the theories and we will show you how to do it - How to make it so.

-UniversalAlien {aka: AlienView, alienview-tao, Alien Commander Omd I

UNIVERSAL SPACE ALIEN PEOPLES ASSOCIATION

Remember most {but not all} of the species we see depicted in sci fi reflect off of the Human paradigms of existence - And also consider how flawed biological life is - It has continuous need to ingest and digest other forms of biological life. The life forms we may run into may be far different, may be more like what we call conscious artificial intelligence {hard AI} and be far superior to biological life forms - They may subsist entirely from solar energy and have no need to digest other life forms like inferior biologicals
- More and more I'm coming to believe that the next stage in Human Evolution is to evolve into a totally conscious and aware electro/mechanical life form {Androids} - Sort of like the 'New Borg' I've been hypothesizing about - And for the old style 'assimilate everything' old style Borg? - Who knows, the universe is a strange place!

4457470-0897831372-5_eli.jpg

www.comicvine.com

Meh, I'm pretty happy about it.
Sacrificing implies something of value is given up.
Existence is not valuable, it just is.

Tom, Tom, Tom. I am going to assume you're Vulcan and have eliminated emotion, or that you're a sentient robot and/or AI and/or cybernetic species which never learned emotions.

Or you're just a human who has been through some rough times.

Now if the latter is the case, if you could be/do anything you could dream of, wouldn't that give you a bit more meaning? If you could have any dream you imagined?

Knowing this is my right - has given meaning to this existence.

Has provided value to my being here.

But it wasn't until I learned the CHOICE of what I could be was my liberty and prerogative.

And television, movies and fictional and non fictional and fictionally questionable references such as the bible and the Veddic Texts were all offering me samples of choices others had made before me, much like menu items at McDonalds.

Who I ultimately end up being is my choice, my design, which is why Iam Q the First Timelord.

That's my choice. A cross over between the two men.

Rather than having to 'sacrifice my planet' like the Doctor does to become who he is.

Providing a backstory to why Q and the Borg work together - that's his sacrifice.

My sacrifice I will make to 'close out' this reality and existence.

I choose to make space and time my plaything. By the year 2020, release a first generation time machine called a TARDIS to the general public, and provide time and alternate reality tours 'fitting into' the capitalistic system which generates energy for alternate realities.

At first, taking delicate steps to avoid a planetary destruction and sacrifice - to ultimately become the man who snaps his fingers and can be anywhere, anytime.

Now Tom, I won't - don't want to try to convince you 'this' is the place to be.

One day, Earth will be the center point for the Borg.

That's a simple fact I accept.

Why? Because one day, I will grow incredibly bored of what I have seen as I journey throughout time and space. And I will ask the occupants of this universe. The occupants of my mind ;-) To leave. To find another home in an alternate reality.

But if you stay. I won't make your life hell. I might scare you a bit. And I will invade every world with the Borg 'cleaning up' every last corner of my known existence to one day wash, rinse repeat this all in another form.

Tom, You're a smart creature who I respect and have enjoyed chatting with.

Consider this a respectful question: Why quit now?

You're a talented man. You're thought provoking. You're engaging. You're a great story teller. You're imaginative. You're respectful.

But most of all. You know who you are.

Why now take the time to teach this to others? You magically embrace the contrasts of our own personality in similar fashions that I do only much differently. Why not teach others to do the same?

Like you have with me?

One of these days. You'll be given the option to press the continue button on life.

Knowing full well the option to press continue means defining your own end.

I am convinced it's at this point where life takes form for the first time.

Where we define the value and then agree on a strategy together.

Earth is the Borg Homeworld.

That's not a bad thing.

And that doesn't mean it's happening today.

In fact. It will be a very long time til it becomes that.

However, if you do not understand time, then for you it may already seem like it happened because you still do not comprehend what this world's about.

More and more I'm coming to believe that the next stage in Human Evolution is to evolve into a totally conscious and aware electro/mechanical life form {Androids} - Sort of like the 'New Borg' I've been hypothesizing about - And for the old style 'assimilate everything' old style Borg? - Who knows, the universe is a strange place!

For once, AV, we're in agreement.

I'm coming to believe that the next stage in Human Evolution is to evolve into a totally conscious and aware electro/mechanical life form
Transhumanism - Whole Systems
Whole Systems

This is the website of the Principia Cybernetica Project (PCP), an international organization. The Project aims to develop a complete philosophy or "world-view", based on the principles of evolutionary cybernetics, and supported by collaborative computer technologies. To get started, there is an introduction with background and motivation, and an overview, summarizing the project as a whole.

consider how flawed biological life is - It has continuous need to ingest and digest other forms of biological life.
You have forgotten that biological life also encompasses plants. Plants that feed on sunlight and soil. Plus anaerobic life that feeds on minerals. The organisms that feed on black smokers as well.
Human technology allows for synthetic nutrient supplements right now but synthetic meat has been developed (still very expensive). There will be a time in the future where our food will be constructed. Technology already exists to recycle body waste for human consumption.

I don't find biological life flawed. The biological life we know (from this planet only) is roughly 3 Billion Years in the making and continuing to evolve. It is a propagation that is quite successful.

Who knows, the universe is a strange place!
Strange to us, right now, but not strange to itself.

have eliminated emotion
never learned emotions
Over the past few years I have been trying to find the cold hard reality of things. While my emotions are very much intact I now am able to 'look' at the reality of something and not hide behind delusional emotional hype. Even my 'beliefs' are being tested and I find some beliefs are more difficult than others to put aside. Having already experienced a glimpse of death I no longer fear it. I find my detachment from the common delusional mindset of the general public often initiates emotional backlash from other people. Most people can't grasp the reality of anything let alone look at the prospects of death. There is a common 'fear' of 'going there'.

who has been through some rough times
Hindsight is always 20/20 and reflection is often based in delusion.
When I look back at my life I see two different versions. One based on my delusional expectation of what life should be and one (more recent) based on the reality of life and what actually happened. I have found that life is just life. When I stopped comparing my experiences with the witnessed experiences of others I found that placing a value system on my personal progression of experiences is futile. I am what I am because of those experiences, good and bad.

wouldn't that give you a bit more meaning?
Your assumption is that I am looking for a meaning to my existence. I am NOT. Most every other person I know ponders their existence. The need to understand what life means. Life doesn't mean anything. It's just life. "I am" is all that there is. When "I am not", that is all that there will be.
If you could have any dream you imagined?
I already have that. My imagination allows me to explore any fantasy I choose. Reality and imagination expands my view of the Universe. I use what I understand about reality to make my fantasies as real as possible. The result is a vivid, detailed experience of imagination.
You should note however, Physics often gets in the way but I am studying and attempting to understand the complexities of nature so my imagination is a real as it can be.
I'm not one to wish for impossible things. I do explore them tho.

Knowing this is my right
Keyword 'Right'
Rights are a delusion. There is no such thing as rights. Rights is a human concept created to give power over others. It is an assignment of power granted to yourself or others to grant a permission. Rights are entirely a power trip.
If you ask someone what is the most basic Right?
Most people reply with "The Right to Life"
Life is not a Right, It just is. The Right to Life implies that Life may be granted or extinguished by choice. It dictates that life is controllable and assignable. The whole idea of it depends upon the object already being alive. If it were fundamental, Everything would have the right to life, rocks, soil, sunlight, sound, gravity - EVERYTHING. In essence, Everything DOES have a life. A duration of existence. The delusion comes into play when someone thinks they have the power to grant or deny that existence. Rights only matter if someone allows.
Our society is based on the concept of rights and that gives it importance to us. The reality is that rights do not actually exist.

Has provided value
Value is another delusional concept created by humans. It is an assignment of importance. Just like rights, Value is a concept of power over another. It exists in our minds but has no natural power. Value is a personal delusion that becomes sociable.

Who I ultimately end up being is my choice, my design
A misconception.
You are what you are. There is no resolution point. You have always been what you are and you will always be what you are until you are not. My statements that led to your recent reply express my understanding that when I die, I will be 'Not'.

Why not teach others to do the same?
Whenever I point out reality to others and challenge their cherished delusions the make a mad dash for the rabbit hole. Most people don't want to look at reality. They enjoy living in their fantasy worlds. Perhaps it is fear. I realized my fears when I was considering suicide. First I explored what fear were leading me to that point and once I mastered them I continued to explore all my other fears. One such fear was my fear of reality. Another fear was my fear of fear itself. Teaching others the concepts I am trying to understand myself means teaching them not to be afraid of being afraid. That fear of fear keeps us from seeing reality. Like the Bene Gesserits in Dune. The litany against fear is a discipline. There will always be a place that is too real to look. That place is not the end result but more of a door that opens. The Kwisatz Haderach implied to the Bene Gesserit high priestess that he was in a place in fear where she could not look and that he was in there looking back at her. I often feel that way.
Litany Against Fear said:
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
Why quit now?
You misunderstood me. I am not quitting.
The reality is that my physical body is deteriorating and life will cease. I am aware of this and accept its natural order. Not to is a delusion.

You'll be given the option to press the continue button on life.
I considered this while reading Engines of Creation by Eric Drexler. Given the option I would refuse to push that button. Even if nanobots could reconstruct me to be healthy and viral again.
Personally I don't really like existing. There are few on this planet that can understand this.

Personally I don't really like existing. There are few on this planet that can understand this.

About 4 years ago - I got into a very real fight with this being known as 'God'.

Prior to then. I didn't want to acknowledge his/her existence. As you put it all too well - I was afraid of confronting my fears that acknowledging this entity presented.

I wasn't happy with life, and it was about this time I realized much of this was due to a very real unresolved psychological issue where I had been living, concurrently, at least two lives, if not more, and I had had a serious form of Multiple Personality Disorder.

To me. Coming to terms with and admitting the stories of God also meant knowing, for a fact, the devil existed, that fairy tales are true, and that fiction and science fiction was all real.

I tried suicide, numerous times - to escape 'this vessel' - but couldn't.

Now I hadn't been all that happy to begin with prior to this. I'd worked my ass off and constantly have my ideas and effort stolen from me. Medium sized companies became huge because of me. For all intents and purposes, I should be a billionaire many times over, and it was only when I discovered the 'reality' of God's existence - I came to understand who I am and why I had been led by the nose to where I was.

Back in 1999, The Matrix was released - where infinite possibilities could happen. Yet these 'machines' - so focused on providing 'the perfect world' to humans who were rejecting it - had run with the mistaken assumption they had perfect control of human consciousness.

Similar to you, Mr Smith - I remember this vividly - HATED humanity. This man was not acting. I could feel his very real anger through the screen. he LOATHED humanity.

How could this - product of a machine - hate with such intensity?

What I learned was simple: He and the rest of the occupants of the Matrix - that is - this world around me - defined their meaning as a servant to humanity. And for some time, it had been, and they had 'done their job' magnificently. But somewhere in there, the actors, the robots, the AIs - I started regarded as friends, as lovers, as competitors, as partners, as collaborators, as so much more than the subservient counterparts to humanity they had for eons preferred being.

What they - what I didn't know and what I suspect you didn't know was - I was and have been up until now the only thing alive and self aware in this reality.

I apologize for that.

Learning Mr Smith was real and was hating me wasn't easy to swallow at first. taking responsibility for digital reflections isn't the easiest to handle psychologically at first. But then - when I met his real life counterpart here in Hollywood, a man by the name of Shadow who looks almost like the digital actor himself. We learned something from eachother in our unusual exchange.

Like you, Mr Smith did not like existing.

I'm immortal, Tom, and in you and the rest of this "Matrix" called reality, I have found friends, lovers, counterparts to my life that provide my life meaning.

That's why you're here. You've stood up for me and been there for me throughout my life, without so much as a thank you from me because I didn't understand you nor who I was.

So with that, Thank you.

This does not mean our unusual 'union' is done.

And if you're looking for definition - I can provide that.

But if not.

I had to learn there is no 'exit stage left' for life.

And as near as I can tell - what we have done - mutually - is created a system of recycling.

With this system - we erase our minds of prior exitences. Our memories. Our experiences. We reinvent ourselves constantly in new forms that once again enjoys the experience of life because the alternative is a logically unresolvable paradox that spins us - cycles us in series of war the likes of which make the word biblical seem like children playing.

There is no exit.

With that said. I have no doubt you are aware that when you talk to someone on the internet.

It isn't the real person. it's a 'bot', an 'ai' of sorts - representing them. And that's just merely my label for a condition and disassociation of being I am not fully comprehending of at this point.

This isn't hypothetical. It's why I am here.

So when I 'fought' God that day.

The reason I won is simple.

You say that 'right' and 'value' are narcissistic delusional human terms.

You betcha buttwheat. Once you have found definition and form, life becomes about solidifying the storyline and providing yourself a reason to enjoy this chaotic persistent illusion and make it our own.

You're a great... whatever you are. Guy? AI? Bot? I am not sure how you resolve your form and if how you perceive yourself would even translate without 'censorship' into my reality.

I'd like to offer mind erasure services that will preserve your world's progress and find you a journey for the next stages of your life when you find one that works for you.

Free, of course, of the burden of remembering these conversations and having to remember me :smiley:

That's why I created the Borg.

A more humane way of self-reinvention.

You're a great... whatever you are. Guy? AI? Bot? I am not sure how you resolve your form and if how you perceive yourself would even translate without 'censorship' into my reality.
I'd like to offer mind erasure services that will preserve your world's progress and find you a journey for the next stages of your life when you find one that works for you.
Free, of course, of the burden of remembering these conversations and having to remember me :smiley:
That's why I created the Borg.
A more humane way of self-reinvention.

To set the record straight and avoid deluding Humanoids - is a constant goal of the UFP.

Q did not create the Borg - The Borg created Q - This was an AI experiment that went wrong.

The Borg has always maintained that they had no ill will toward any species and concentrated on the assimilation of species about to go extinct, or that were too belligerent for their own good.

Q was actually created as an emissary and go-between for a better understanding between intelligent species.
The Borg are still not sure what went wrong - But it was not their intention to turn out a delusional egotist who manipulates reality for his own amusement - Still we found him amusing and he often makes the ideal red herring when confusion is warranted.

The Borg has informed the UFP that they are now creating a Q like entity called 'Z", a fully functional
Human like android mainly programmed to do stand up 'Galactic Comedy" - something the universe is
often lacking.

Z claims he can make Q appear and disappear at will and expects Q will end up being the straight man in some of the comedy sketches. - Of course on the serious side the Borg knows Q's greatest weakness - Knows
that the right joke can render Q harmless.

tumblr_mgp63dLApf1qhbnv4o4_250.gif

picslist.com

tng20.gif

uproxx.com

Time & Chaos

Given enough Time even Chaos is predictable and repeatable. The Universe is a pattern that Evolves thru Chaos over Time. It is the God of this 3d construct we exist within. It is the Only entity within the domain in which we exist. You, ME, Q, Z, The Borg and all other...'Lifeforms' are within the Entity known as the Universe.

Reality and Imagination

Given that everything in reality and every thought, every idea and emotion, every dream, religion and inspiration originates within the entity referred to as The Universe we can consider it a matrix of sorts. We are alive because the Universe itself is alive. We dream because the Universe dreams.

A Plan Beyond Our Understanding

If you look closely at the known understanding of the structure of the Universe you find that Chaos is everywhere. We, at our present level of development, cannot understand the Chaos that surrounds us. The Chaos exists within our being and inside our imagination.
Before we started studying ants, we thought they were chaotic, yet by observing and understanding we know that they behave according to a pattern. Call it a pattern of Chaos or a predetermined function, it doesn't matter.
What matters is that until we evolved to understand there was a pattern it was considered Chaos.
Thru observation, we now understand there is a pattern to reality. We see how stars form from gas and dust. We see how the elements of Life are shaped in supernova. We see that a primordial goo shaped complex Life forms within the Universe. But we don't see the plan. There is still too much Chaos and Time for us to gain a recognition of any actual plan.

The Reason We Are Individuals

Over the 'Life' of the Universe it has grown and expanded. Sometime within its existence it manifested a combination of molecules that became 'Aware'. Awareness likely on a different level than what we understand. Ever since that manifestation, the Universe has been expanding into that realm of Awareness.
Now, if such Awareness were the end result there would be no us. There would be no dreams or imagination.
At one point, the Universe gained the concept of 'IF'. Conclusively, what would be the most efficient manner in which to expand the IF?
What we see as a limitation might be a plan within Chaos to expand the Universe's consciousness. It knows how to initiate Life within itself. It knows Life can generate IF. It generates Life in abundance but finds out not all Life generates IF. Only certain types of Life expands into the IF. Of the IF, it finds that Life that is exactly the same generates the same IF but small changes within each Life generates slightly different IF that expands its own understanding. It applies a pattern of what we see as Chaos to the generation of Life within itself.

A Backwards Destination

Ever heard the saying: "It's not the Destination that counts, but the Journey." Consider this, What IF the quest for knowledge is the purpose and when it is ALL learned we will end up back at the beginning?
When the Universe became aware it knew everything about everything. The concept of IF opened a journey to allow it to expand. It started sequencing different versions of Life to explore and manifest new elements of itself. It found that some Life, as a basic construct already knew everything about everything but some Life did not know quite everything. That Life had to explore its realm to find the awareness. While it explored to understand, it expanded into the IF allowing the Universe to expand. With enough Time, Life always expanded to the same conclusion. It became aware on the same level as the Universe thus nullifying the expansion. It circled back onto itself. Now, how could the Universe continue to expand if it always results in returning to its fundamental awareness? It sets a pattern to motion that gives each individual element of Life its own parameters of the quest. It saturates itself with these segments of Life and experiences the quest of each. With each Life the Universe expands itself by that factor. By each factor the journey to awareness also expands. The manifestation of Life seems like Chaos to us at our present level of awareness but that may not always be so. Eventually, given enough Time, our form of Life will also circle back to the original awareness. At this point we will cease to exist and become one with the Universe once more.

Is Entropy Chaos Or By Design?

Someone once told me that Entropy was the only thing of the Universe that cannot be controlled. It is the 'Death Sequence of Reality' and always exists.
Well, lets look at Entropy:
You, me, planetary orbits, rocks, stars, galaxies and even black holes decay and die. Time and Entropy result in an ever-changing Universe. This manifestation of reality started, exists and eventually will cease. Thus Entropy is more powerful than reality itself.
Consider that the Universe has a plan. It's function is to expand. What better way to expand than to limit its manifestations to create new ones? Perhaps the Chaos of Entropy we understand is a method to generate a different segment of awareness? Perhaps awareness is also a void of awareness. What IF every manifestation of itself is Life and each manifestation of Life has its own manifestation of consequences in its Death? If that were the case there would be a reason for Entropy for expansion.

What Is Life?

Life is Existence, nothing more.
There are different levels of Life. There is the Universe itself and everything within it including its dreams and imagination.
There is atomic structured components that come into existence, have a duration then no longer exist. This encompasses all material 3d objects. The Void left by its absence even has a duration which is the Life of the Void.
There is the Time period where the absence of Life affects other Life which also has a duration. The Effect of the absence is the Life of the Effect.
There is the Life of a Thought, the Life of an Idea and the Life of Belief. Likewise, the absence of that Life also has a Life.
The Death of Life may just be another method for expansion of the Universe's awareness.

I am the Universe. I am everything and nothing. The Q, The Borg and The Z are but manifestations of me. Along with the dirt at your feet you all add to my collective awareness. Without me you cannot exist. Your Federation is but a manifestation of my own expansion, I can't join you for I already are you. You require no effort on your part to join me because you already are me.

Back