Announcements Change to the arcade...

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
A slight change was done to the Arcade settings -- Before the option to play any of the arcade games appears you need to make at least one post for the day. You can still go ahead and view the high scores and go into your settings, etcetra, but to actually play at least one post is needed first.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this new poilcy.

Thanks

KW802 said:
A slight change was done to the Arcade settings -- Before the option to play any of the arcade games appears you need to make at least one post for the day. You can still go ahead and view the high scores and go into your settings, etcetra, but to actually play at least one post is needed first.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this new poilcy.

Thanks

That's pretty cool! It's also appropriate. This IS a discussion forum and we should be discussing or disgusting or something. Any of the boards I belong to always have discussions going on in addition to the 'other' aspects.

Are posts in the gallery going to count for access to gaming?
I notice thy dont show on 'new post' searches unless you choose it in the gallery.

Posts on the links page dont show up either?

skwirlinator said:
That's pretty cool! It's also appropriate. This IS a discussion forum and we should be discussing or disgusting or something. Any of the boards I belong to always have discussions going on in addition to the 'other' aspects.

Are posts in the gallery going to count for access to gaming?
I notice thy dont show on 'new post' searches unless you choose it in the gallery.

Posts on the links page dont show up either?
Good questions!

I just took a look at the Gallery settings and I changed it so that any Gallery comments will count towards the persons postcounts. I'll have to test it yet but that should mean that as long as a person makes a post in either the forums or the Gallery then it'll count towards being able to go into the Arcade. I don't think there is a way for new Gallery comments to show up in the New Posts results since they are using two different mechanisms but I can add a new option in the "New Posts" drop-down menu to show new Gallery comments. I'll follow-up with the Gallery creator for his thoughts.

Turns out the same answer applies for the Links. I've turned on the option to have new links posts count towards the post count.

Team-Kripple said:
What if I have nothing to say, I just wanted to play a game??
That's why we have The Lounge area.... just post what ever is on your mind. All I ask is the language is kept clean as Cool SciFi is meant as a family friendly place. ;)

Team-Kripple said:
Team-Kripple rules!!!!
Maybe, but I think JuicdMonte is leader right now. :P

Back