Changing my Minor?

Should I keep My Minor as a fun one or one that expands my Major?

• Classical History and Sociology

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Computer Sciences

• Writing Courses

• Total voters

Xhar

Cadet
As some of you may have read in the threads, I am a 38 year old freshman Back in college to study Electrical engineering so I can get into the Alternative energy development field (I have been a journeyman electrician for over 11 years now). The courses I have allready chosen give me a strong chemistry backround as well. To build up my "alternative credits" I have taken a minor of "Classical History and Sociology", because I love studying classical greek, roman and middle-eastern history (you cant tear me away from the history channel when that stuff is on, lol).

Lately, though, I have been considering switching my minor to Computer sciences to round out my Major a bit more. The only thing keeping me from this is, I find mathematics dull as hell and I am not sure I have the patience for programming.

Of course, the third option would be taking Writing courses to help me flesh out my writing skills, but once I get into Engineering I wont have much time for serious writing anymore...

So, what do you think? More work to make my Major stronger, or something I will enjoy studying? I am sure most of you have made these kind of decisions allready, or are about to be making them...

Xhar

Diviana is right.

However I think you might enjoy the History courses the most.

When I had to take some electives I took Cultural Anthropology and loved every minute of it. With the info I got from that class it opened my mind to my Major and Minor as well as cultures in general.

I guess what I'm saying is: A little varity is a good thing.

...to be cliche :D

You should keep History and Sociology as a Minor. It's your fun time at college, from what I've read. Doing something that's fun is important to keep your motivation up for your entire study. In the long run you will profit more from History and Sociology than you will from Computer Sciences.

If computers are important at your aspired future work, learn what software/hardware they use most and take an online course or do a certificate. College courses in Computer Science basically try to break your mind and put it back together. Believe me, it's probably not what you want.

I voted for CSci, can't hurt to be better with computers.

Minors are worthless anyways. Its like, "This somthing I did, but it means about as much as stubbing my toe."

Just a thought. Though I love Sociology (I'm a Physics major)

Back