Season 5 Character leaving the show?

Celina said:
Somehow it's so strange...now all the MV-fans are going through the same we Lena-Fans have already behind us...

Anyway, I wish you all good luck and, whatever happens, you'll survive it  ;)

*runs out of thread*

[post="1446835"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm not the world's greatest Vaughn fan, but what happened with Irina isn't the same thing. Vaughn was there from day one, and has been in every single episode. He is, and always has been, a regular cast member.

I love Irina dearly, but she simply hasn't been the major presence Vaughn has been.

I think the loss of Vaughn, therefore, is much more significant.

Even if he isn't the world's most interesting character.

I just don't understand why no other news agency is making a big deal out of this. Any news relating to Jennifer Garner is BIG news now. She's a household name. Star is the worst, and they haven't even said anything about it.

Leslie said:
hmm... that smiley idea is a good one... :naughty:
As much as I know you'll disagree to this, I have to tell you... It's because of Vaughn's character. It's really just very... expendable. -_- I mean, he was great in S1 and S2, don't get me wrong, but now it's all the writers can do to keep him believeable, let alone likeable. JJ must have just watched S3 and S4 over again and realized... We gotta get rid of this guy. :mellow:
[post="1446862"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

According to what I've been reading on all the boards, and believe me I've read many off-the-beaten-path boards as well as scrolled through a long list of LJ posts, many, many more are upset about him leaving than not. But it seems when a person is biased against a character, their blinders are firmly in place.

And I doubt JJ has very little input these days regarding Alias....he's overseas directing a high-cost film and I'm sure someone else is running the show in Alias land.

Yeah, no matter what Vaughn's character is or isn't like, his loss is going to be quite a blow to the show and its fans.

Natalia said:
Yeah, no matter what Vaughn's character is or isn't like, his loss is going to be quite a blow to the show and its fans.
[post="1447322"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
but seriously... i've been reading that people are going to stop watching the show just because MV is leaving

:eyebrow: uh-huh. yup. sure. i believe you.

i just don't get why everyone's making such a big deal out of this since nothing has been confirmed... or has it? <_< damn kristin person who confuses the hell outta me :rolleyes:

but ok... i mean, why is everyone all :depressed: when nothing has been confirmed?

glass half full people! chin up! shouldn't we be thinking that at the moment he IS on the show and that's a good thing

you know what? i'm confusing myself here.. has there been confirmation or not? :confused:

jess said:
JuJu, I think that the fact the rumour is floating around is scaring people a little.
[post="1447682"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Jess,

Actually I think it's just a situation where people would rather be proactive than reactive.

Jodi

Natalia said:
I'm not the world's greatest Vaughn fan, but what happened with Irina isn't the same thing. Vaughn was there from day one, and has been in every single episode. He is, and always has been, a regular cast member.

I love Irina dearly, but she simply hasn't been the major presence Vaughn has been.

I think the loss of Vaughn, therefore, is much more significant.

I know what you mean, but I meant especially how the MV-fans are feeling right now.
If you are about to loose the character you have been watching the show for, the one you loved most and consider to be the most interesting one, the one that makes you stare at your screen in amazement, it feels awful to loose him or her, no matter how long he or she has been on the show. :(

I agree that Vaughn would be a bigger loss for the show and the majority of it's fans, since he was the third "key" character after Syd and Jack, but the show will have it's fifth season with or without him.

I am not a big Vaughn-fan either, he was always there and that was well...ok, but at the moment I don't want him to leave either.

With Nadia being only in a few episodes and Weiss leaving the show, Vaughn would be the only remaining person close to Sydney - besides her father.

I don't want her to loose all those persons and suddenly get new "friends" with the new cast-members. *shakes head*

I still don't get the Nadia-thing. If it wasn't her own decision to leave, why did the writers/ABC/JJ/Whoever want it???
If she's going to die to fulfill the Rambaldi Prophecy, WTH?
They had often enough unlogic storylines, why not keep Nadia alive and as a regular to continue this trend?

I don't think many people would feel bothered, I would actually love it.

I just don't see how they can lose GG, MM and MV for this season
I know they're bringing in this new girl but...BIG DEAL!!!!
If it really is the last season then why not keep as many regular
characters as you can and go out with a bang

The only major characters left are gonna be Jack and Syd
Syd won't associate with Sloane and Dixon is plain boring
I can't believe they're getting rid of all the people close to Syd
which was alway a big part of the show
I really feel making this big of a cast change in what looks to
be the last season is gonna be a disaster and they will wind up
losing many viewers

This opinion of course is based on the rumors being true
I actually am one who still believes they are just rumors but
I thought I'd just throw out my thoughts if it happens to be confirmed

Not Vaughn!!! I lurve him. This is going to be a huge blow to the show. Not to mention the fact that they moved the show to Thursday right up against The O.C. God, Vartan!!!!! I will miss him!!!!! But I guess now there's room for the Sarkney ship right?? ^_^ :P

If anything, Vaughn's death would create a lot of buzz for Alias. Judging from the way things are shaping out to be for the coming season - buzz would be a good thing.

wow.... just wow :blink:

am i the only one having chest pains right now? wtf, i keep having them everytime i hear something dramatic about alias lol this show is gonna give me a heart attack :P *sighs*

:ermm:

ya... I'm sad if MV's really leaving.

I might even cry... and have my parents think i'm a total nutcase again.

:mellow:

--Mandy :angelic:

so the rumors have kinda died down the last two or three days, no one has reported any thing new, do you think that might be a good sign? I like to imagine that important people of Alias come on our site to hear what their fans have to say, so maybe They are realizing that they are about to make a huge mistake! Here’s hoping... :mellow:

Sydney L Bristow said:
so the rumors have kinda died down the last two or three days, no one has reported any thing new, do you think that might be a good sign?  I like to imagine that important people of Alias come on our site  to hear what their fans have to say, so maybe They are realizing that they are about to make a huge mistake!  Here’s hoping... :mellow:
[post="1448898"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I hope that someone official makes some sort of statement... like from the show, or someone's reps because I really want confirmation :cry: it's sad...

Well I went to check out what Kristin said in her chat and she said
(From eonline):
"From CameronBarrett: What is happening with Alias?
I've been asked by someone very near and dear to please "just let the story unfold," so I'm buttoning my lip for a bit."

While I don't really trust Kristin this made me a bit nervous and explains why its been so quiet lately...

YES LETS THINK POSITIVE!! It'S MiA ..I mean I love her..but we can NOT lose Vaughn. The one reason I don't think it's MiA, is because she's not the reason we started loving the show *like Kristin said something about* This made me think it was Jennifer. but she's prgnant next season so.....
Oh who am I KIDDING we already lost the best character.....
*IRINA** (wipes tear)

xO aRiaNNa

mystery_chick said:
:ermm:

ya... I'm sad if MV's really leaving.
I might even cry... and have my parents think i'm a total nutcase again.

:mellow:

--Mandy :angelic:
[post="1448894"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I am SOOO with you. I try to watch Alias in private because by now...EVERYONE thinks I'm a nutcase when I'm so into it...haha
xO aRiaNNa

Back