Character Loss

Does it bother you guys that we have lost soo many good characters over the seasons? We've lost Will, Francie, Irina, Sark, Lauren and the only person we have gained for season four is Nadia. Did you like it better with more characters or the way it is now??

Youre damn straight it bugs me. Im still reeling from the death of francie, and dont even GET me started on the lack of Irina in S3 (although, to be fait, thats not really JJ's fault)

Grumble Grumble. Im bitter.
Still LOVE the show though.

Alias_bestthingsinceslicedcheese said:
What? We lost Sark?....Since when?....I haven't been on in ages but OMG!!!
[post="1125843"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well he isnt a main character in Season 4 and his personality was so great, i dont know why JJ is getting rid of all these unique and great characters, taking Irina out was deffinetely the bigest loss out of all characters.

it does bother me a bit too. But the thing to notice is that Alias is a very fluid show, and in many respects the fact that characters shift in and out makes it a bit more realistic. I mean when you deal with terrorism and global crime syndicates like the Alliance or The Covenant, you are bound to see all these shadowy characters fade into the background only to re-emerge at a later time. I don't think we've seen the last of Sark or Lauren yet. And Will isn't dead either. He'll probably be back in Season 4 in some capacity. And ultimately, this is a show that's centered around the Bristow spy family, and everyone else, like it or not, is secondary.

Xin Li

Sark is back to being a recurring character and I think that will work out better than having the writers try to force stories that keep him in front of the cameras when he might be better off conspiring in the shadows. Meanwhile, as much as I wish that they could sign Ms Olin for one or two episodes, it's pretty clear that's not going to happen--they took a gamble signing a screen actress to a one-year contract and apparently rolled snake-eyes.

Frankly, I think that pruning the cast back is a good thing. They gained a character in the second season (+ Irina + Sark) and even though they lost three characters (- Irina - Will - Francie) after season 2, they just about made that up (+ Lauren + Weiss). (Of course, I don't remember now if Sark was officially a regular before season 3 . . .

So now, I think that adding Nadia is plenty. We only lost Will and Francie off of the original core (which was pretty large) and Nadia makes up for one of those and Weiss can cover for another one, at least for now. I'd like to see some good recurring characters brought in, but I think we've got plenty of regular cast to service . . . maybe they can finally find a plotline for Dixon, thank you very much!
✌️

I miss Will and Francie. They were Syd's only friends outside of the CIA. Now they're both gone... in season three Syd barely had a life. Actually I don't think she had one at all.

Francie's death ticked me off the most cause she was Syd's best friend. She gave supprt to her and was funny too. Hopefully this season she willl get this from Nadia. Oh and funiest Francie moment: when she is speaking into the bug and telling the CIA to leave Will alone. I have it on my computer now lol :D

One of the characters that we lost in Season 1 which I'm so glad they're bringing back this year is Anna Espinosa. She was one of the few individuals Sydney was ever truly afraid of, and made for a great rival. It will especially be interesting to see how she will apparently interact with Sark, who brought down K-Directorate back in season one.

It totally sucks that Irina is gone but atleast they havent forgotten about her, bcuz the characters still are talking about her

YEah Irina has to come back. But wont now. How sad. Maybe Katya will come back to seek revenge for her death, and will in turn recruit Nadia. And if at that point let's say Weiss is dating Nadia or something, that would make him choose sides.

I miss Will and Francie. They were such good characters and kept Syd grounded and like a normal person. Also loosing Irina and loosing the relationship she had with not only Syd, but Jack I miss. But there have been loads of new additions to Alias aswell, so overall I'm not that disappointed (there is always chances for them to come back to the show anyway). :smiley:

i agree. if every character is caught up in the spy world, there's like noody she has to keep as secret from, and theres no contrast.

i dont know about everybody else, but i was really disappointed with the choice of mia mistro as syd sister- she doesn't look look syd, irina or sloane!! they really do need some more interesting and long term characters.

or they could just make sark a regular again.... :D

Bring back Sark...I like my weekly dose of Sark...he can walk past the screen for all I care....

Jaf***iles said:
Francie's death ticked me off the most cause she was Syd's best friend. She gave supprt to her and was funny too. Hopefully this season she willl get this from Nadia. Oh and funiest Francie moment: when she is speaking into the bug and telling the CIA to leave Will alone. I have it on my computer now lol :D
[post="1149053"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I loved Francie! I swear, after she died I couldn't sleep for like a week. ^_^ It would be cool if Nadia could take over that role in Syd's life, but I still think that Syd needs a good "normal" friend, who knows absolutely nothing about her being in the CIA. Just this time, if it were to happen, it would be nice if they didn't kill her off!

Back