Charlie Jade (anyone watched it)

Tim

Creative Writer
www.charliejade.com

season one (20 eps) just finished airing in canada. wondering if anyones actually watched any of this series?

filmed in SA, set over 3 parallel universes, including technology, terrorism and an unglue cop it could sound interesting i suppose.

http://www.charliejade.com/multimedia/video/CJtrailer.mpg

trailer takes a while to download before playing in your browser.

Robert J. Sawyer

some comments on this blog by a canadian scifi author. using internet explorer go "edit" then "find on this page" and stick "charlie" in to find each reference to the series

follow up. i've watched the first 4 eps of the first season, of which all have been aired now.

it has uncomfortable ideas, characters and visuals ripped right out of bladerunner, camera lens filters or shaky camera work throughout, commentary like a real old american detective drama.

however, premise is okay, the main bad guys are really well acted for their parts, just the same can't be said for the good side.

I'll be watching the entire first series to see what i think of it overall as even Babylon 5 had plenty of issues with it's first series (although was immediately likeable!)

follow up :

once i got to episode 7 the music and editing took a giant leap and the storyline became more smooth as a result. shame it took so long to reach that point, but it's not unusual.

by episode 12 the storyline was still keeping me viewing and it looked like character developments were creating more complications to the storyline that was starting to make you really look forward to the next episode.

Back