Fantasy Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (2005)

Guess I'm the only one who could never sit through the original (other than Tim Burton :lol:smiley:. BTW, the duplication of the Oompa Loompas isn't CGI (computer-generated image) per se, it's digital insertion of individual performances of Deep Blue. ;) (That is, a computer didn't generate the image; each image was a separately photographed performance. However, each sequence was inserted into the film digitally.)

ETA: Yes, I believe the logo was different.

I saw this today for the second time and I actually liked it better. Not that I didn't like it the first time around, but the weirdness grew on me and Willy Wonka struck me as vulnerable and odd instead of just bizarre. And I decided I like the Veruca in this movie better than in the original.

I couldn't really sit through the original but I liked the remake. Although I strongly disliked the Oompa Loompas. It was just way too weird. But I liked the movie overall. It was an interesting remake and it was better than I expected. I questioned seeing it because I just COULD NOT sit through the original :D

I saw this weeks ago, but my internet was being crappola, so I couldn't say anything. It was so awesome. It actually made me like Johnny Depp more. It was cute and funny and I loved how he ran into the elevator. It was just great. And now I have a Johnny as Willy Wonka shirt and Charlie and the Charlie Factory paper. As you can tell, I liked it. ;)

of course the orginal was better! they always are :cool:

has anyone seen an evening with kevin smith? here's a memorable quote from that on Tim Burton:

Kevin: He said "Anybody who knows me knows I would never read a comic book." Which to me, explains Batman. "And I certainly would never read anything written by Kevin Smith." Whoa! The... the claws came out. The... the f***ing scissorhands came out!

Quotes from "An Evening with Kevin Smith"

Yeah, it was really weird, but it was awesome! Sure I'm a huge Johnny Depp fan and will love anything that he's in, but other than that it was really really good! It was so funny and had some great quotes. I have a tee shirt, pillow case, pen, and folder. Tim Burton's pretty cool, at least I think so. My favorite part was the eatable part. It was great!

The movie was ok. Jhonny Depp was great as Willy Wonka!

I saw the play on theater when i was a kid, since the story is from Roald Dahls 'Charlie og Sjokoladefabrikken' A norwegian writer :smiley:

victoriaellis said:
When I saw the trailer I thought, no way am I going to see this p.o.s. There's something very wrong about Johnny Depp in this movie. I get this incredibly wierd vibe, gives me the heebie jeebies or something. Just didn't feel comfortable.

[post="1147040"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
yeah he reminds me of michael jackson, i mean the whole concept of some weird guy inviting kids into his house just creeps me out, i have never watched the original to the end so theres no way im wasting money to see this one

Back