Horror Charmed (reboot)

AWalkerBit.Me

Survivor HQ
Title: Charmed

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2018-10-14

Creator: Amy Rardin, Jessica O'Toole, Jennie Snyder Urman

Cast: Madeleine Mantock, Melonie Diaz, Sarah Jeffery, Rupert Evans, Jordan Donica, Poppy Drayton

Overview: Set in the fictional college town of Hilltowne, Charmed follows the lives of three sisters, Macy, Mel and Maggie Vera who, after the tragic death of their mother, discover they are three of the most powerful witches of all time.
Charmed (reboot)

A reboot could be interesting if they choose the right actors.

CBS shows have migrated to younger skewing sibling the CW — CBS pilot Ringer became a CW series, and defunct CBS vampire drama Moonlight got a second run on the sister network. Now for the first time, there is migration in the other direction, with CBS looking to reboot a series from the CW predecessor, the WB.

CBS has given a script order to Charmed, a reimagining of the original series centered around four sisters who discover their destiny – to battle against the forces of evil using their witchcraft.

Created by Constance M. Burge and produced by Spelling TV, Charmed aired on the WB for eight seasons, concluding just before the network’s merger with UPN to form the CW in 2006. It has done well in off-network syndication on TNT and streaming on Netflix. The reboot, first reported by Vulture, will be written by Party Of Five co-creator Chris Keyser and Sydney Sidner for CBS TV Studios, which owns the Spelling TV library, and studio-based The Tannenbaum Co. CBS TV Studios previously mined the Spelling archives for remakes of Fox’s Beverly Hills, 90210 and Melrose Place for the CW.

The news comes on the heels of NBC setting a high-profile re-imagining of Murder, She Wrote with Octavia Spencer starring and Alexandra Cunningham writing.​

(Via Deadline.com)

D'you know.. considering how much I love the whole urban fantasy scene, I've never seen a single episode of Charmed.... it held no appeal for me at all - seemed a bit beyond cheesy.

D'you know.. considering how much I love the whole urban fantasy scene, I've never seen a single episode of Charmed.... it held no appeal for me at all - seemed a bit beyond cheesy.
I'm not saying I ever watched any episodes of the original series but if I did it would've been for one reason.
Holly Marie Combs :love:

IMO, I think this Charmed reboot won't even make it out the gate. The Murder She Wrote reboot had the plug pulled even before it got started. I think the same thing will happen this latest Charmed reboot. There was talk about rebooting Buffy The Vampire Slayer as well. Problem is that these shows are iconic and are still being aired on various cable/satellite channels sometimes more than one channel or network is airing/carrying them. That makes it difficult for these companies or whoever is deciding to reboot them to get them off and running. There will be comparisons to the originals I'm sure, or maybe no interest at all.

Murder she did should never see the light of day again... and yes I called it Murder she did.. there's no way that little old lady wasn't a serial killer! ;)

She seemed like too much of a nice old lady, to do anything bad like murder someone.:wideeyed: I don't buy into this.
I don't know, she was a bit pushy at times on the show -- I could see her "accidentally" pushing somebody off the cliff during an argument. :D

I just caught wind that Netflix now has the Charmed reboot on their agenda. :o_O: Supposedly they are working with the creator of Jane the Virgin on the project.

My wife, who'll dial into any of those medical series, was a big fan of Charmed, sort of a second rate Buffy for mine, they needed to umph up the horror themes.

Looks like a reboot is not going to go over too well with some people.

The CW has described the show as “this fierce, funny, feminist reboot of the original series centers on three sisters in a college town who discover they are witches. Between vanquishing supernatural demons, tearing down the patriarchy, and maintaining familial bonds, a witch’s work is never done.

Holly Marie Combs, one of the stars of the original series, has recently responded with with "Here’s the thing. Until you ask us to rewrite it like Brad Kern did weekly don’t even think of capitalizing on our hard work. Charmed belongs to the 4 of us, our vast amount of writers, crews and predominantly the fans. FYI you will not fool them by owning a title/stamp. So bye." while Rose McGowan, who replaced original star Shannen Doherty, earlier said that the original cast was "irreplaceable".

About that CW description though... :facepalm:

I started watching Charmed when Rose McGowan started.
It was okay for awhile but the show got cookie cutter for me.
Every episode the same thing basically.
Loved looking at the ladies but it got stale
Stopped watching about the time they started the magic school thing.
Meh