Cheap

Bring on the heat baby! Thanks for the update, and now I can't wait for them to continue making up. ;)

I hope your party goes well. Have fun! :cheers: 🍕 :chatchairs: :band:

They love each other :love: that's so sweet!

I'm glad that Sydney forgave Michael for the homeless chick thing! We all know that he doesn't think of her that way... ;)

only 3 left :cry: god, i have to get writing!

Chapter 21

Lying in the sheets together, Sydney was absently listening to his heartbeat as Michael ran a hand through her hair. Sydney’s eyes drifted to his bedside clock and she sat up alarmed.

“Michael, you’re late for work.” She said, feeling guilty for possibly getting him in trouble.

“It’s Saturday, relax.” Michael smirked, pulling her back down next to him. She buried her face in the pillow, embarrassed.

“Sorry, I’m just kinda nervous.” Sydney mumbled, peeking bashfully at him with one eye.

“There’s no reason to be nervous.” Michael ran a hand down her back, resting on her spine.

“Well, I’d never… I hadn’t…” She hinted vaguely, her cheeks an adorable red.

“Are you saying what I think you’re saying?” Michael sat up on his elbow, and saw her nod into her pillow. He thought it was really special that she had saved herself for him.

“I’m such a loser…” Sydney groaned into the pillow.

“No, you’re not. That just makes it so much more special.” He assured her and she raised her head to look at him. “I love you.” He never got tired of saying to her and couldn’t help but say it a lot. The added bonus was when she returned it.

“I love you too.” They sat in silence for a while, just treasuring each other’s company.

“So…” Vaughn started. “Bristow?” He asked about her last name, after having heard it last night.

“Yeah.” Sydney sighed.

“So how do you know Ms. Calfo?” He asked casually.

“I know Francie,” Sydney replied, emphasizing her first name, “from high school. She was my best friend.”

“Wow.” Michael ran his hand up and down her arm casually.

“What does she do?” Sydney asked, having wondered how her friend was able to throw such a lavish party.

“Ever heard of Calfo Diamonds, the diamond stores?” Michael asked.

“Oh my god, that’s hilarious.” Sydney giggled. “She always said she wanted to work with diamonds when she grew up.”

“Looks like she got her dream.” Michael added and they fell into another comfortable silence. “Why were you living on the street?” Michael asked, wanting to know the whole story. He hoped he wasn’t asking too much and offending her, he just wanted to know.

“Well, when I was about eighteen I got in this big fight with my parents and left.” Sydney started. “Francie let me stay with her for a while, but then I left there too. I tried to get a job, but they wouldn’t hire me ‘cause I didn’t have a place to live. So I sold whatever I had… and that money basically ran out a week later.”

“Aw, Syd, honey, I’m sorry.” Michael kissed her gently. “If I’d known you back then I would have hired you.” He smiled, attempting to make her smile after her sad story.

“You had a job when you were eighteen?” She asked.

“Well, back then I was twenty, and my dad owned his own company. I only took over this year because he left it to me when he died.”

“I’m sorry.” Sydney apologized.

“It’s ok.” Michael smiled. “If I wasn’t at that client’s building on that day, we never would have met.”

“Darn, I guess you’re stuck with me then.” Sydney teased.

“I guess I am.” Michael kissed her passionately and they got tangled in the sheets again.

TBC...

Back