Politics Cheney

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060514/ap_on_...h/cia_leak_case

"Accused of lying about how he learned of Plame's identity and what he told reporters about her, Libby says Plame's CIA identity was a trivial matter."

Boy that makes me want to go and sign up to be a member of the CIA, knowing that my identity will be considered a trivial matter.

Cheney needs to burn in an Iraqi oil field that he owns, I mean Haliburton owns, I mean that we liberated for the Iraqi people. Yeah, like we went to war because Saddam had WMDs...um...ties to Al-Queda...uhhh...Democracy! Yeah, that's it! We wanted to bring them Democracy.

In the back of my mind I always knew that the only daunting obstacle to impeaching Bush was the concern that Darth Cheney would take over.

Now if we can bring Cheney down at the same time, or even FIRST, we'll be able to clean out a good amount of the White House scum without screwing the country even further. Who's next in line--Hastert? How can we ignore the constitution so that it gets to be Condi? She's way hot.

Anyone else think it's just coincidence that this happened on the same day that the door was opened to an indictment of Dick Cheney?

Plane Carrying Kennedy Hit by Lightning

BOSTON - A plane carrying U.S. Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (news, bio, voting record) from western Massachusetts to his home on the coast was struck by lightning Saturday and had to be diverted to New Haven, Conn., his spokeswoman said.

The eight-seat Cessna Citation 550 plane lost all electrical power, including communications, and the pilot had to fly the plane manually, according to spokeswoman Melissa Wagoner. No one was hurt.

The Democrat had just delivered the commencement address at the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in North Adams and was on his way to his Cape Cod home when the plane was struck around 4 p.m., she said.

The jet landed safely at New Haven at 4:11 p.m., said Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Arlene Murray. A report was filed with the agency, which will look into the incident, she said.

Kennedy planned to stay in Connecticut overnight because he was scheduled to return to western Massachusetts on Sunday to deliver a commencement address at Springfield College, Wagoner said.

God damn. He is the Dark Lord just like I've suspected all along.

cheney-grab.jpg

:lol: Story time:

So this really dorky, freakishly religious kid in my physics class asked me if I'd help him after school. I said of course I would and I followed him to his house once class was over. We walked in the door, and guess who was sitting at the kitchen bar?

Wait for it...

Pat Robertson. Pat Robertson was sitting at the bar.

It gets weirder.

Pat Robertson calls this kid by name, "Adam! How are you doing son," pats his back like they've just had the birds and the bees discussion, and then says, "Is this your girlfriend you've got hiding back here?"

(Wait, woah. Pat Robertson just addressed me. I'm not sure how I feel about this.)

You'll never guess what happened next...

They both BURST (think Dick Van Dyke floating in Uncle Albert's tea room kind of a burst) into laughter.

Why this happened, I have no idea. Maybe ol' Pat and Adam thought the idea of me going out with someone like him was absurdly funny (not trying to be stuck up here; it's just the facts of life), or maybe they thought, "This ditz? Please! Bwahaha!" (which would make me very angry because he's the one who asked me for help. Ungrateful little twat). But I think the most likely scenario is that God told Pat Robertson that he should laugh in my face. Either way, it was creepy and I'm not sure my soul will ever fully recover.

So then Adam said something to the effect of, "This is my lab partner," and I shoved him up the stairs before I had to shake any hands (and you know, burn my soul) or make small talk about when the world's going to end, how, and who's to blame.

Once we were upstairs I stuck bamboo shoots up Adam's fingernail to find out what the hell was going on. Apparently his mom is Kristi Watts, one of the producers of The 700 Club and Pat is a regular visitor in their home. He sees Pat Robertson as a *gulp* father figure.

On my way home all I could think was, "What if I died in a car crash right now and the last person I saw was Pat Robertson?"

Thats an interesting story. :lol:

Pat robertson is fucked up and if he was that last person you ever saw you would totally be on the outs with the big man.

I thought this article rather fit with the current discussion:

Robertson says he leg-pressed 2,000 pounds

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) -- Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson says he has leg-pressed 2,000 pounds, but some say he'd be in a pretty tough spot if he tried.

The "700 Club" host's feat of strength is recounted on the Web site of his Christian Broadcasting Network, in a posting headlined "How Pat Robertson Leg Pressed 2,000 Pounds."

According to the CBN Web site, Robertson worked his way up to lifting a ton with the help of his physician, who is not named. The posting does not say when the lift occurred, but a CBN spokeswoman released photos to The Associated Press that she said showed Robertson lifting 2,000 pounds in 2003, when Robertson was 73. He is now 76.

The Web posting said two men loaded the leg-press machine with 2,000 pounds "and then let it down on Mr. Robertson, who pushed it up one rep and let it go back down again." The Web site said several people witnessed the event, and shows video of Robertson leg-pressing what appears to be 1,000 pounds.

Clay Travis of CBS SportsLine.com called the 2,000-pound assertion impossible in a column this week, writing that the leg-press record for football players at Florida State University is 665 pounds less.

"Where in the world did Robertson even find a machine that could hold 2,000 pounds at one time?" Travis asked.

Andy Zucker, a strength-training coach at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, said leg presses of more than 1,000 pounds represent "a Herculean effort, and 2,000 pounds is a whole other story."

"If he was able to lift that much weight, I take my hat off to him, but the numbers suggest that people who lift that much weight are few and far between," Zucker said. "One would have to see what type of leg press it was on and under what parameters it was done."

CBN spokeswoman Angell Vasko said Friday that Robertson was not available for comment because he was "out of pocket" for the long holiday weekend.

Vasko said she has not seen Robertson leg-press 2,000 pounds but that it's not "a huge shocker" that he could.

"Pat is so healthy," she said. "This is something he trained for over an extended period of time. He lives a very healthy, regimented life."

One of the photos Vasko released had a digital date stamp of 1994, although she said Robertson performed the leg press in 2003. Vasko said that perhaps the date was not set properly on the camera.

The CBN Web site attributes Robertson's energy in part to "his age-defying protein shake." The site offers a recipe for the shake, which contains ingredients such as soy protein isolate, whey protein isolate, flaxseed oil and apple cider vinegar.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A "Herculean effort?" :eek: It's an act of the Gods!

I think Pat Robertson is training to hold his house up when that there tsunami hits the US. Poor bloke doesn't have any flood insurace.

You should just have kicked him in the nads and then calmly told him that God told you to do it.
...And then mentioned that God was having drinks with Hugo Chavez!

OH you should have asked him about the tidal waves that were gonna hit America thereby smiting our wickedness. Think of the great insurance fraud you could do with that info.

The only way Pat Robertson could leg press 2,000 pounds is if he sold his soul to the devil!

:rolleyes:

:thinking:

Oh frack.

I love it how last Tuesday, Congressional Democrats tried to table the bill calling for impeaching the Vice President.

What does that say about the party? What does that say about their supporters?

Back