Chicago

Letty

Cadet
hey! i just saw this movie and i thought it was awsome..a lot of guyz probably wont like it tho..its sorta of a chick movie lol.. but the songs were like awsome i memorized like all of them..lol..richard gere was good but it would of been kewl if Victor Garber played the part or Billy Flynn..cuz i mean he was a major Broadway star and he can sing and dance...but yea..the movie was awsome..has anyone seen it?? :smiley:

play is better. much, much, much, better
awesome movie for what they kept in
lousy for what they took over
I wanted class, damn it all
richard gere... shutter... can not sing.
However John. C. Rielly is PREFECT as Amos. Loved him and CZJ

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!! I got the soundtrack today! It was so great, Mr. Cellophane was so sad...... :(
I wanted to clap after all of the song/dance numbers, but I didn't because I was in a movie theatre....

haha..yea i wanted to clap too..yea i knew the play must have been better..but the movie was still good..you're right they could of found a better Billy Flynn..John C Riely was perfect...what was yalls fave song??i was kinda mad they cut class out...i wanted more Queen Latifah songs!!!!!! lol

That's why it's so much more fun to see it on Broadway...because you can clap!!!

RG was weak in the singing department. I think someone sadder and more pathetic and more blinded by love should have played Amos. Reilly just seemed to strong and not infatuated enough with loving and doing anything for Roxie.

During the credits they play a version of All That Jazz, and since we were walking down the stairs to leave, I had a total Chicago moment! You know in the musical when Velma walks down these stairs at the beginning of All That Jazz, with her head down and her arms doing these moves....well it was totally like that! I just had to do it! I couldn't resist! :D

I loved Chicago. I was great. I did relize that Richard Gere, REnee and John C. Reilly could all sing and dance. I love all the reasons the women commited murder. All the men deserved it

quietgirl27012 said:
I loved Chicago. I was great. I did relize that Richard Gere, REnee and John C. Reilly could all sing and dance. I love all the reasons the women commited murder. All the men deserved it
I agree, i finally saw it yesterday :D i loved it, but when my friend and i came outta the cinema it was packed with people from my ol school n ppl from my school who probably watched 8 mile instead...ack too many familiar faces too soon and itz just a week till we go back to school again :( ..newayz back to Chicago, great film, gotta catch the play sometime

Just read an article in TV Guide Insider. Now John Travolta's all sad that he turned down the role of Billy Flynn, which was offered to him at least twice--"Oh, they should have called a meeting with me to explain it all to me," he cries. My God, it's Rob Marshall! What's his problem? Why didn't he ask for a meeting? Oh, boo hoo! Looks like Gere's doing pretty well off of Travolta's leavings (American Gigolo, An Officer and a Gentleman--and, no, I don't see the resemblance either). I don't think Travolta's doing himself any favors by airing his sour grapes . . .

And he says he wants to do a remake of An American in Paris?
:o_O:

Man I loved Chicago. Such a great movie. I loved Cell Block Tango and the part They Both Reached For The Gun.

Last night there was an hour long Behind the Scenes look at Chicago on VH1. Man I could never do the stuff that they did to get ready for this movie. oh man.

I loved Chicago sooo much...it's my favorite movie. I think everyone in it did an awesome job. They Both Reached for the Gun is probably my favorite part of the whole thing I just thought it was really cool how it was done. And I hope that it wins every award that it's nominated for especially Catherine Zeta Jones...she was great.

just saw it tonight with one of my roommates. it was great!! my favorite part was cell block tango. :lol:

"he had it comin'!! he had it comin'!! he only had himself to blame!! if you'da been there, if you'da seen it, i bet you would have done the same!" :sly:

"he ran into my knife. he ran into my knife ten times..." hahahahahahaha.... :lol:

pennylane said:
play is better. much, much, much, better
awesome movie for what they kept in
lousy for what they took over
I wanted class, damn it all
I agree with you! the play is ten times better, and i wanted class too,i was so upset when it wasnt in there!*pouts!* and i loved cell block tango adn the whole red scarf thing but was extremely extremely disappointed in mya! the girl i saw on broadway had this annoying high pitched accent and laugh that was just hilarous then there was mya that was extremly bland and just blah blah in my opinoin!
i loved how they did hunyak's excecution, even though they redid the line(its and her hungarian rope trick not the disapearing act, and sorry for being this nit picky i just dont like change all that much with something so good to begin with)but i liked how they interwove her actually getting excuted and then in the theatre with an audience that applauded, very good in my opionin.
i oved both reached for the gun(but unfortunately mary sunshine was a woman,LOL, but i guess that would be too farfetched for a movie plus ppl would be like what?!LOL)
overall very good acting and performances except for renee! sorry i just cant stomach her at all, never could and never will(i have a very strong opionion on this one!LOL)i htink catherine should win the oscar but if renee does i will cry(nicole deserves it,sorry off topic but my opinion!lol)
the costumes were very good and i loved how they did the beginning with roxie watching velma perform solo just coming back from murdering!LOL
*okay sorry for ranting on that but i had to let it out!

oh, i agree with you victoria. not about the broadway version being better though since i've never seen it performed live (yes yes, i know i'm missing out :rolleyes: ) but about renee and catherine's performances. i don't know what it was, but something about renee's performance just sort of grated on my nerves. catherine's was far superior. [i think it might just have a LITTLE to do with my unhappiness with renee's performance in bridget jones...hehehe, yes i still can't let it go.] and you're right, compared to the other actresses in cell block tango, mya's performance did seem a bit weak. anyway, i still enjoyed the movie overall. :smiley: i keep listening to all that jazz and cell block tango over and over again. i think my roommates are getting a little annoyed. ;)

lol! i always listen to the soundtrack(but the broadway one with bebe neuwirth adn ann reinking,they are great!LOL) and in the summer before anyone even heard of the movie i was always singing it now everyone is and is like viki(well not viki but my name,lol) you were right about this,LOL!! but thanks for agreeing with me and i just cant stand renee she is always so whiney and grating and just cant act!!!breathe vicki breathe, deep breaths!LOL, sorry about that, but besides her i loved the movie,and i think im going to see it again this coming weekend!

Back