Childhood Memories!

the legging with the stirrups and the hot pink turtleneck... *shudders*

AHHH!!! Stirrup pants!! And I think I still have the hot pink turtleneck somewhere. :lol: :lol: And the hair... My mom's favorite thing to do to my hair was crimp it. It would poof way out and then she'd stick it in a side ponytail or something. :blink: I was soo an 80s child.

Existentialist said:
AHHH!!! Stirrup pants!! And I think I still have the hot pink turtleneck somewhere. :lol: :lol: And the hair... My mom's favorite thing to do to my hair was crimp it. It would poof way out and then she'd stick it in a side ponytail or something. :blink: I was soo an 80s child.
me too. man oh man.... i cannot BELIEVE some of the stuff we wore back then. and then to make things worse, the other kids at school thought my fashion was "unique." now "unique" in the 80s is NOT a good thing. normal 80s fashion is bad enough; "unique" 80s fashion is just retarded.

i remember i used to wear bright pink leggings with the warmup socks OUTSIDE of my pants. and i had the headbands, barrettes, turtle necks, the whole shebang. and of course, gathering the shirt at the side and tying it. blech. ohmygoodness... did you ever have those snap-on wrist bracelets?? :o_O:

LOL!! I have another memory...I used to go rollerblading every single day after school with my neighbor...she was my best friend...wed rollerblade to the ice cream shop and to the park...and wed stop on the sidewalk like every couple of hours and wed paint out nails lol...i had the best looking nails in school! haha

I was a hyper child. All i remember is lots of time outs for me. Courtesy of sticking out my tongue at other people and being hyper. I also have to admit I was a big cryer, very dramatic, the kind that made people feel sorry. I was a prissy child though, always in dresses and mary janes. I remember my phase change when I became tomboyish. And I gave up many things...dance, dresses, and 'prissy' stuff, but that was 4th grade. I still occasionally get hussled for not having my big carpenters and UFO pants by the best friend that moved away. Its kind of interesting how I progressed. I so different then I was 3 years back forget about going 10....

my mother always did my hair in french braids...or i'd be walking in school looking rather like heidi! i ahd the poofy dress to match the hair do! eh...like I said I was a BIG pris. And I had my pretty bows too.

I remember having these kewl pants...they were like ridings. with the weird button arranagement in the front. I loved pink also! I was one of those walking time bombs. I'd smile sweetly, be covered in prissy clothes but I was a hyper, jumpy, loud kid.

My mom use to put my hair in these braids with pink ribbon. And I always wore dresses! and I have this thing from a book about growing up in the 80's childhood memories I could post it sometime you ya all want me to?

Ok I found it. Its from the cover of the Gilmore girls soundtrack. ( I "Borrowed" It from my sister) :smiley: OK here it goes

It's called "Sharing Prince" By Amy Sherman-Palladino

It was 1984, and I was obsessed with Prince. I had to be. It was the law at the time. I wore the lace gloves, the paisley coat, the ruffled shirt, and all my hair aqua netted over one eye. My friend Kathleen and I would go to dance clubs and tell every drunk guy that we were Wendy and Lisa, and we couldn't talk about Prince because we had signed a confidentiality agreement and would get fired if we did. It worked once, in San Francisco. I dont know if the location had anything to do with that or not. The point is, Prince was my life. One day I'm sitting in my room listening to "him," and I notice my father walking by. A thought shoots into my head. "Hey, Dad, come in here." "Why?" "Just come in here for a sec." He rambles in. "I want to play you something." I go over to my record player and pick an album. This is going to be great. Listening to Prince with my dad. It's perfect. It's poignant. A bridge between generations. A bond between father and daughter. I drop the needle. The song begins. And there we are together, Don and Amy Sherman, listening to "Jack U Off." I close my eyes and silently mouth along to the music of the master. The song ends. I look over at my dad. Now, I dont even think Marcel Proust, who did a he__ of a job describing a cookie, could've adequately described the look on my fathers face. Sheer horror? Abject Humiliation? Perhaps a touch of crippling physical pain? All I know is he was sitting completely frozen, staring longingly at the door. "Well?" I said hopefully. My father turned, his eyes fixing on the poster of Prince standing in a shower wearing black leather speedos that was hanging right over my bed. Then he looked at me. His eyes narrowed. And suddenly I realized: My father is Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby, and I'm the thing in the bassinet with the red glowy eyes. "You know he plays all the instruments himself." I say weakily. My father feigns a smile. "Thats very nice, honey." He gets up and leaves the room. I look after him sadly, memories of the time I played Pat Benator's "Hell is for children" for my mother filling my head. " O well at least my father stayed until the end of the song.

This all took place in Kindergarden.....

Biting my teacher 3 or 4 times
Trying to bury a kid in the sandbox
Eating Paint
Eating Glue
Eating Grass
Eating Plastic
Eating Bugs
Try to eat people

Dark Wiccan said:
This all took place in Kindergarden.....

Biting my teacher 3 or 4 times
Trying to bury a kid in the sandbox
Eating Paint
Eating Glue
Eating Grass
Eating Plastic
Eating Bugs
Try to eat people
hahahahaahhahaahahhaahahahahahahhaahahahh dude thats funny

LMAO!!!!!!!! SUNFIRE!!!!!!! HAHA!!! That was so cute hehe!!! I loved it!!! Do you have anymore stories like that??? haha! I loved that one!

I remember putting rubber cement in kids hair when i was little hehe

SydB_JenG said:
LMAO!!!!!!!! SUNFIRE!!!!!!! HAHA!!! That was so cute hehe!!! I loved it!!! Do you have anymore stories like that??? haha! I loved that one!

I remember putting rubber cement in kids hair when i was little hehe
Yes i do! :smiley: and thank you! :smiley:

ah i was just thinking about when me and my friends used to play scare bear and sneak outta the house at night and go to the park....i miss those girls!

Back