children's books

what were some of your favorite children's books?

some of my favorites were:

- sideways stories from wayside school (louis sachar)

- wayside school is falling down (louis sachar)

- the witch of blackbird pond (elizabeth george speare)

and shel silverstein and roald dahl were great children's authors too. i loved matilda!! and bfg! james and the giant peach scared me a little though. :blink:

hmm...what else... oh yes, i loved the baby-sitter's club series (claudia was my favorite character!), nancy drew, sweet valley high, and the boxcar children. :D

I liked Sweet Valley and all the Roald Dahl books. The Giving Tree was always my favorite book when I was little and Love You Forever. I don't remember the authors, though.

this is a TAD off-topic (sorry!), but our library is named after dr. seuss! well, it's not named seuss library, it's named geisel library, after his real name - thomas geisel. oh, i'm talking about the library on uc san diego's campus. and in geisel, there's like, this whole area dedicated to him - they have some of his sketches for pages of some of his books. it's pretty cool. :smiley:

when i was young(which i still am but when i was in elementary and middle school,lol) i read every single nancy drew book(i loved those!) i also loved fear street even though i cant stand to be scared but i loved those during fifth grade!lol i also loved roald dahl and when i was elementary the sweet valley high and babysitters club, dr suess and of course fairytales, i have this huge book full of the classic fairytales and i remember reading them over and over!lol

you hate dr seuss, do you like him in a tree or by the sea?LOL, sorry i just had to do that, i know sad and terrible but hey!lol
oh i just remembered angelina ballerina bc i was/am a ballerina(or trying to be!LOL)

Some of my favorites are: Charlotte's Web, Goosebumps, Dr. Suess' books, Willy Wonka and the Chcocolate Factory, Boxcar Children and The Plant That Ate Dirty Socks.

From seeing your post, Aria, I've now added Chronicles of Narnia to my list. :smiley:

i loved the stinky cheese man!! my favorite part was when the giant tried to tell his own story and he had like, fifteen random phrases pasted together. :lol:

and i read the witch of blackbird pond when i was in the fifth grade which is probably why i thought of it as a children's book. :smiley:

crazy we like all the same books its funny!LOL, okay sorry off-topic!
i also have a huge book of grimms fairytales, i like some of them but some are to dark for me even though i love dark comedy, but none of that is comedy!LOL

Back