Children's Theatre Doing Sci-Fi

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Now this is pretty cool -- A children's theatre workshop in Mass. is putting on a sci-fi themed play. Someday when I have kids I hope that they'll be able to participate in something like this......

http://www2.townonline.com/mansfield/artsLifestyle/view.bg?articleid=156570

Easton Children's Theatre holds auditions for sci-fi musical
Friday, December 31, 2004

What would happen if creatures from a technologically advanced planet sent undercover investigators to earth to see if earthlings posed a threat to the galaxy? What if those investigators decided we were a violent race that should be obliterated before we discover a means to travel to other planets?

The answer is the story line for "Invaders from the Purple Planet," a sci-fi musical being produced by Easton Children's Theatre. Auditions for the show will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 18 and Thursday, Jan. 20 at 6 p.m. at the Easton Junior High School auditorium on Columbus Avenue. Those auditioning should be between the ages of 9 and 18 and be accompanied by a parent. No preparation or experience is necessary and auditions are open to residents of any town.

"Invaders" is a musical comedy, with the emphasis on comedy. Those auditioning will read from the script and sing "My Country 'Tis of Three." The show will be double cast, with rehearsals on either Tuesday or Thursday evenings, depending on which cast you are in, plus some Wednesday rehearsals for certain roles. There are many fun roles for both actors and singers regardless of age.

The shows will be May 6 and 7 for the Tuesday cast and May 7 and 8 for the Thursday cast. For more information, go to the ECT web site at ECTheatre.org.

Back