Chimera

A Dark Turn

I Was Made to Love You
Title: Chimera
Author: Dita
Rating: R (violence, sex, mentions of suicide attempts)
Ship: Sydney/Sark
Timeline: Post-Telling in the distant, murky AU future. S3? Nope, never happened in this fic.
Genre: Look, ma, no angst. This is as close to fluffy as Sarkney ever gets. Not really angst; I’d call it more…reality. Life, realistic, but not angsty.
Summary: ‘…she can’t forget what the girl stood for, but she needs to forget Sydney Bristow…’
Notes: For your referencing pleasure… This story begins nine years after Syd's disappearance in The Telling. Also, Allison is mentioned in this part and, for the purposes of this fic, she is DEAD, killed by Sydney before Syd did her vanishing act courtesy of The Covenant. Just wanted to clarify. :smiley:

The inspiration for this came, oddly enough, from The Bourne Identity, which I rewatched some months ago and got this crazy idea from. It’s also where the first quote comes from. Enjoy… ;)

Part One: Strange Dreams

How could I forget you? You’re the only person I know.

Lyon, France

When Sydney Bristow was a little girl, she used to dream of cats. There were always dozens of them: tabbies and Siamese and short-haired and long-haired and the mangy. They were everywhere she looked, stuffed into the little room she called her own and pouring out down the stairs and overflowing into the garden where they prowled, anxiously looking and whining for their mistress.

She’d had innocent dreams, then, as a child. Cats and birthday parties and lacy dresses; she dreamed of her mother, the way she touched Sydney’s hair once and read bedtime stories doing all the voices from the princess to the hunchback. She dreamed of tastes like cookies fresh out of the oven, still hot, and in senses, like the yellow warmth of the firelight on her fingertips in winter.

But now, thirty years later when Sydney Bristow closes her eyes and dreams…she dreams of blood and screams and pain. She dreams of faces long gone out of time: Francie, Emily, Danny, Noah, Vaughn.

She dreams of skeletons that love her with their bony, skinless fingers and a darkness that cuts to the core so deeply she still feels it when she wakes.

Because wake she does. Breathless, exhausted, frightened.

Usually, he is there when she does. He never says anything about it, no platitudes or questions or demands. He puts his arm around her and they lie together in the dark, her head on his chest listening to him breathe—an affirmation of life, of each other.

This is the only way she can chase away the nightmares into a dreamless sleep—if he is there.

Sometimes, when he isn’t…

He is there tonight.

And tonight it is especially bad: it was a dream of The Night. She says it in her mind, capitalized, referring to The Night that ripped everything bare to the seams: her fight with Allison, them caught in a dance of death and lies from which there can be no victor. She hears the gunshots, but Allison won’t stay dead, she keeps coming and coming and coming… Her face—Francie’s face—distorted and screaming…

Those are the worst dreams, the ones that have a sliver of her old life in them. She feels that if she reaches out, she can grab it back, pull herself in and change things. She can change herself back to the way she used to be, back to the days she used to know and the people she used to trust.

But she’s slowly realizing that she doesn’t know that girl in her dream, the one with her face, any more than she knows the strangers that pass her by on the street.

She can feel the girl’s pain and taste the girl’s blood on her lips, and it makes her feel old. She can see the girl’s tears, smudged and lonely on a face that is only beginning to learn the shapes of betrayal.

She’s crying now, awake. She can feel the tears on her cheek and the sigh trapped in her mouth; she can feel herself already reaching for him and her heart burning like a funeral pyre in her chest, hot enough tonight to consume her and to make her wish she could throw herself on the flames of old grief.

She can’t forget what the girl stood for, but she needs to forget Sydney Bristow.

“I can’t…” Her tongue feels heavy like lead in her mouth.

“No. Shhhh… Quiet, now.”

He catches her, again. She feels a hand on her shoulder, trailing down to pull her closer to him. She lets him, making herself small against him, willing herself to feel safe now that she’s out of the dream and in reality.

He kisses the top of her head, the hairline. Lingering, sweet, and he brushes at her back, rubbing it in small, soothing circles like one might comfort a scared child.

She clings to him and they lie like that for a long time in the dark, no longer Sark and Sydney or even their aliases (the very respectable and very private Marc and Marie Davidson), but something more than that where they can just…be.

She finally falls asleep, entwined with him.

And, mercifully, she doesn’t dream at all.

*~*~*
*~*~*

She goes to the market on Mondays.

Sark works during the week, at a bank. She thinks he does, anyway, that’s what he tells her. Sometimes, she finds it ironic and at other moments she doesn’t quite know what to think of it; that if she weren’t with him, he’d likely have cleared the entire bank of any and all cash and gold in an hour flat.

But he wouldn’t, not with her.

A fact she knows, even if she doesn’t quite believe he’s a banker: he would never put her in danger.

She smiles at the thought, the once impervious, invincible Mr. Sark doing exactly what she tells him. It’s almost devastating, how much has changed since she threw an ice pick into his kneecap in Siberia and he tried to drown her in the return.

Devastating, indeed. She remembers that the most, of all the ways they’ve hurt each other. He still has the scar and she still has nightmares about being trapped under three inches of ice.

Outside, it’s snowing when she steps out the front door, a soft, winter flurry that chills to the bone despite its gentleness. She pulls her coat around her face, but doesn’t go back inside. It’s rare that she ever ventures out this early but the need for distance today is particularly strong, pulling at her like the moon to the restless tides.

The streets are cold, quiet. She walks, feels her hair become damp and then wet, little tendrils clinging to the sides of her face. The thought occurs to her that she’s going catch her death in the cold. (That’s the phrase one of her nannies used, when she was young. “Mark my words, girl, you’re going to catch your death in that frost,” accompanied by a feverish cross. But that was then and this is entirely something different now).

But it’s her secret: she’s always felt a kinship with the snow. She knows she’s still alive when she can feel it on her skin, like individual tears shed long ago and in secret.

She walks and walks until up ahead she sees a huddled group of figures, moving towards her. Shapeless, black masses blurring together under a battalion of umbrellas.

The old panic comes first, ebbing at the corners of her mind, the old anxiousness leftover from another life and another person. Her breathing is quick, achingly fast, and she lowers her head, just the slightest bit, letting her long, long hair (dyed red now, a pretty autumn auburn) slide over her face.

"Charles-Henri l'a vu hier. Apparemment elle va plutôt bien, le cancer est en rémission."

"C'est merveilleux. Elle est une fille si gentille, ce serait tellement triste si..."

Sweet, chatty French voices cluck right over her, a foreign wash of ordinary conversation made by ordinary people.

The long, liquid pull of relief doesn’t come until they’re nearly half a block away, almost out of sight.

She wonders, as she pulls open the door of the supermarket, if the fear will ever go away, lulled into complacency by years of security, or if it will always remain, like a deep, ugly scar on otherwise perfect skin.

*~*~*
*~*~*

He’s there when she gets back. She walks into the kitchen and he’s sitting at the table drinking tea (so *bleeding* British) and reading the newspaper, in French.

She’s envious of that; even after nearly eight years in France, her French leaves something to be desired. She can still get by, of course, can pass as French born if she’s not scrutinized closely or for very long. But Sark… He breathes it, thinks it, plays it up. He’s never quite lost that Sark accent, although it has diminished somewhat over the years—more natural and almost Irish-like at turns, lengthening vowels and pronouncing her name until it’s almost ‘Side-nee’.

She doesn’t mind.

“Darling,” he looks up from the paper, taking in the wet, bedraggled hair and jacket with snow all over it. He very nearly smiles then (a smile, something not as a rare as it used to be on him) and his eyes do that whole ‘I’ve-decided-to-be-quite-amused-by-your-behavior’ thing he does so well.

“You have to stop walking in the snow. People will talk, they’ll wonder who is this bloody crazy girl who walks in the gorram-”

That’s as far as he gets before she crosses the room and cuts him off with her mouth on his, taking the words out of his mouth before they’re even spoken. It’s a little like being him, for a moment, and she loves that more than anything.

She forgets about the bags of groceries in her hands, drops them to the floor like dead weight; she forgets about the howling wind outside and the absence of everything that was once familiar to her life.

She kisses away SD-6, the C.I.A., The Covenant, Julia Thorne, old loves long burned to ash, friends no longer there, countless lies, and all the cutting deceits. She kisses Sark—Marc Davidson, Julian Lazarey—in the home they’ve built together over the better part of a decade, in the kitchen they’ve made love in countless times since they first spotted it: a charming, little brownstone tucked away from a sidewalk shaded by elms and bordered by a dozen others just like it.

They can pretend here that they are like the families and couples who live next to them, are slowly becoming normal and are two people of no great importance.

And, in some ways, they are.

“You’re home early.” She breaks the kiss, feels all the old sparks rise up and burn along the surface of her skin whenever his eyes focus on her just like that. As if she was it, the one and only, the single most worthwhile thing in the world.

“I’ll be home early every day, if that’s the kind of welcome I can expect.” He laughs, a little, running a hand through his hair. It’s the curls, now, not the way he had it when they first started out—shorn from C.I.A. captivity—but from the time when she first met him, golden and pretty-boy-ish.

She gathers up the bags and starts methodically putting away the groceries. Brown sugar on the spice rack, the ham for tonight’s dinner in the freezer, the boxes of pasta in the cabinet above the stove. It doesn’t even occur to her, until putting the jar of paprika in its place, through the hazy glow of pleasure, that is he is home…early, which he never is.

She stops, watches her hand start shake in front of her.

“What are you doing home this time of day? I thought you didn’t get off until five.”

She says it absently, even while the panic from earlier that morning comes back, clutching her heart in a vice grip. She waits for him to say the words, waits for the scythe to fall on their lives just as she’s been waiting for it almost every day since they disappeared together, him freshly rescued from the people she once worked for and her broken, on the run.

We’ve been made. They know where we are. We have to go.

“No.” She can hear him behind her, feels his hand on her shoulder stopping her from moving. “Nothing like that.”

“Then what?” She hears a tremble in her voice, one she can’t control. She fears that she’s going to lose it; the anxiety slams into her so fast and so hard, almost bringing her to knees. But he’s already there for her, reaching up and cupping her chin in his hand, turning her to face him.

“It’s December twenty-third. Christmas Eve’s Eve. Tomorrow’s a holiday.” His fingers are reassuring, light, stroking away the little shivers. “I went in for the morning and decided to take the afternoon off, get an early start.”

“A bank holiday?”

“You can call the bank, if you like.”

“No.” Her voice is a sigh, a low murmur and she all but falls into him—a release, a reassurance, a hope.

“Did you get a tree, this year?” She finds her voice, even if it is still rough around the edges.

He does smile this time, all the way. She knows what he’s thinking of: that first Christmas they spent together in hiding in Belgium, both miserable at being forced into each other’s company. Their tree then had been an aluminum beer can Sark had carved into the semblance of a pine tree with a knife.

“Merry f***ing Christmas, Agent Bristow,” he’d said, handing it over to her. His eyes had been icy in those days, his voice still perfectly clipped and precise and cold. “Consider it a gift, from me to you.”

Ever since then, it had been tradition for them to have a tree during the holidays; though, she’d kept the little, aluminum one framed in the kitchen, for all seasons. Stupid, sappy, sentimental, and slightly bizarre considering the circumstances, but she couldn’t help it.

“I was hoping you might help me with that, actually, the tree.” He leaned over and nipped her bottom lip, softly, and backed away to grab his coat off a chair. Elegantly. Everything he did: elegant, perfect.

“You see, love, they’ve set up this lot across the bank, selling trees. Since I know how particular you are…”

“Oh, Jesus.” She rolls her eyes, dramatically for effect.

“'Tis the season.” He tugs playfully on her hair, and he’s so close she can feel the heat from his body. Warm now and familiar, not detached or threatening like it used to be.

“So, it’s me that’s particular, is it? Do you realize that it took us almost three weeks last year to find a gorram tree because you didn’t think any of the thousand we looked at embodied ‘the true spirit of Christmas’?”

He shrugged, and it was a smirk on his face this time—classic, vintage Sark. “It’s a matter of having principles, is all.”

Her face is deadpan, serious. “It’s a matter of being obsessed, is what it is.”

“Oh, shut up, will you?” But he’s laughing as he says it. “Dry your hair, get your coat. No—the groceries can wait. Come on, but we’re using the car this time. There’s no way I’m walking through a snowstorm like you. I’ll get bloody pneumonia before I get two blocks.”

“God, I should be *so* lucky.”

There’s teasing in the their words, affection, and something else that’s harder to define but just as sweet and comfortable and not quite perfect...but almost.

He goes, walking out the door to start the car.

She follows, close behind as always.

*~*~*
*~*~*

TBC :smiley:

Whooo hoooo! Another Dita fic to stalk! :Ph34r: :Ph34r:

I loved the parallels of innocent childhood dreams contrasted with the unconscious reality Syd faces. Kittens when she's little and blood and death as an adult ... freaky stuff.

She can’t forget what the girl stood for, but she needs to forget Sydney Bristow.
Sometimes, that past is something you just have to let go off. Especially when it has turned out like it has for Syd. Allison coming back to life over and over ... yeah. Scary.

He catches her, again. She feels a hand on her shoulder, trailing down to pull her closer to him. She lets him, making herself small against him, willing herself to feel safe now that she’s out of the dream and in reality.
Yes! The good stuff. Not angsty ... but comfortable. As happy as these two allow themselves to be ... It is so hard to write these two like this without making it seemed forced and this does not feel forced at all. It feels right. :smiley:

Sark works during the week, at a bank.
Mmmmm ... Banker!Sark. He still gets to wear the nice suits ... ah, I can see it perfectly.

She wonders, as she pulls open the door of the supermarket, if the fear will ever go away, lulled into complacency by years of security, or if it will always remain, like a deep, ugly scar on otherwise perfect skin.
Lines like this are why I love your writing. It's descriptive but not over the top. It's poetic without being cliche. The metaphor is seamless and perfect. :sigh: Such beautiful writing.

But Sark… He breathes it, thinks it, plays it up. He’s never quite lost that Sark accent,
And that's what make Sark - Sark. He makes it look effortless because he is that good. Damn him. :blush:

He very nearly smiles then (a smile, something not as a rare as it used to be on him) and his eyes do that whole ‘I’ve-decided-to-be-quite-amused-by-your-behavior’ thing he does so well.
I liked this. I could see it in my mind and damn if that isn't endearing as hell.

Ooo - I wonder if there will be a bit of a backstory to explain the Christmas in Belgium and what they are running from ... Yup, I'm hooked! Yes, I am greedy and I need more. Now! PM when you add more? :flowers:

Oh, and while we are on the PM subject, will you add me to your perma-PM list? :smiley: I need more fics by Dita in my life :D

Usually, he is there when she does. He never says anything about it, no platitudes or questions or demands. He puts his arm around her and they lie together in the dark, her head on his chest listening to him breathe—an affirmation of life, of each other.
She breaks the kiss, feels all the old sparks rise up and burn along the surface of her skin whenever his eyes focus on her just like that. As if she was it, the one and only, the single most worthwhile thing in the world.

awww! i love sarkney fluff!!!

“Darling,” he looks up from the paper, taking in the wet, bedraggled hair and jacket with snow all over it. He very nearly smiles then (a smile, something not as a rare as it used to be on him) and his eyes do that whole ‘I’ve-decided-to-be-quite-amused-by-your-behavior’ thing he does so well.
He shrugged, and it was a smirk on his face this time—classic, vintage Sark. “It’s a matter of having principles, is all.”

my thoughts exactly: classic, vintage sark.

i lurve this story! pm me with an update puhlease!

m-c

I like this a lot it's really really good. Can i get a PM when you update???????? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!

~Em~ :D

Sorry this has taken so long. I had to scrounge up a beta from one of my old contacts. Heh. :blush: Anyway, here is Part Two. I'm going to do some individual thanks laters. It's past three in the morning here and I'm just...beat. That said, enjoy! ;)

Special thanks to: Lindsay (SVS) for her lovely beta-ing skills. :rockon: girl!

Part Two: ‘Til the Blood Runs Clear

Presently she's existing
Formerly she was a dead girl
Left alone and forgotten
Trying hard to find something she'd won
Leave her things scattered round her
Practising such restraint
But she'll find you and she'll get you
Even she's not one of God's damn saints.

Eight years earlier: Sevilla, Spain

Cold. Ice, cold.

Shapes swam in front of her, a half-distinguished and hazy tumble of memories she wasn’t entirely sure belonged to her: a man in a bathtub, blood everywhere; a red wig and a fake mole; a woman holding up a hand to a glass wall; a grinning, bestial slit of a smile on another woman, darker skinned and gun in hand…

I just remembered something, Francie doesn’t...it’s not about cutting off an arm of the monster…destined to work together, I truly believe…ideology come between me and my...and she will gut you…

And then her head was pulled back from the filled tub, someone’s fingers fisting in her hair.

“There.” A voice in her ear, slick and sweet and indicative of no place, of no emotion. “Feeling better now? A little more like yourself, Julia?

She could still feel the cold water on her face, dripping down to her neck. All of her senses seemed magnified, exaggerated so that everything in the bathroom was too sharp, coarse, rough. Her hands curled into claws unconsciously and began to scratch lightly at the corners of her eyes.

“Yes.”

“Bad dreams?”

“I…I don’t know.” Her whole body was shivering, little spasms she couldn’t control. “Maybe.”

“It’s a yes or no question, Julia.” A hard voice. It made her bones rattle underneath the fragile, paper-thin skin. “Were there nightmares, Julia?”

Even though it had been an entire year since she’d come to them (a year since The Night where everything had gone wrong), they kept using that name when talking to her, always. Julia. At the end of every sentence. It was as if they constantly needed to remind her of what she’d rather forget: an identity pinioned on a delicately balanced pretense, as easily shattered as a heart.

They, them of The Covenant. Never letting her forget who she was.

“No.” Only no because saying yes meant pain; saying yes meant broken bones and hooks in her arms and heart-hurting, soul-numbing electric tremors dancing across bare, wet skin.

“Not having any false thoughts, are you, Julia? Are you sure?”

A hand stroked her skin, her bare back. It should have felt comforting, but it only felt terrifying; it felt like she was on fire, wherever she was touched. She could barely breathe; she felt like she was drowning in the fear of a simple touch.

She recoiled, then—an animal, desperate to make it stop.

“Yes. I’m…sure.”

The hand slid off her, a face came into view. It was young, pretty, fair-skinned, delicately featured. The long, straight hair was dark and the wide lips were slightly parted, as if in anticipation.

“Because if there were-”

“No.”

She recognized the face. One of them. One of the many handlers that trained her, used her, molded her. This one, the woman with her, was Nora. And such a pretty name for such a woman—one with soulless eyes and deep, puckered suicide slashes at her wrists that matched Julia’s own.

Deceptively normal for a woman whose country of origin was a mystery and whose skill with the knife (any kind: rainbow, longsword, dagger) was second to none, as the half-healed scars on Julia’s back gave testament to.

“Then go back to bed, Julia.” The hand reached out, patted her head. It was done mechanically, as if expected rather than out of affection. “You’ve quite the day ahead of you, tomorrow.

And when Nora spoke again, her voice was like a series of splinters cutting underneath Julia’s skin. “A new mission.”

She saw a man in her mind’s eye. Blonde, tall. A voice—his?—echoed through her mind, a whisper on repeat. British, but non-descript. And his name…

She squeezed her eyes closed and pressed fingers to her eyelids. The briefing. She knew all of this from yesterday’s briefing. She didn’t remember him, couldn’t. Julia Thorne had never met him. What was she if she wasn’t who they told her she was?

“May I-I…have a drink?” She opened her eyes and licked dry lips, hating the way she had to ask like a child. “Please?”

A blank stare from Nora, opaque as onyx and cold as the Artic. And then, after a small silence: “Fine. Then get back in bed. Five minutes, Julia. Do you understand?”

Always the child.

“Yes. Thank you.”

The door shut. She was alone.

But even though she was…she wasn’t. They watched her all the time. She could feel the little knowing sting of electronic eyes all over her body, stripping her for their pleasure. She was just…a body to them: flesh, veins, blood, muscle, sinew that came together to form something The Covenant had absolute control over. They asked her to do things—horrible, unspeakable things—and she could feel herself doing them without any comprehension as to why. They told and she did; though, there was still some other, distant part of her that knew these things were wrong, bad, evil, immoral.

She did them anyway. They used her and then abandoned to her own devices when they were tired or bored or had no use for her.

It was in Algiers that she realized she didn’t care anymore: when she’d killed a girl, the youngest daughter of an arms dealer that had ratted The Covenant’s buying habits out to Interpol for diplomatic immunity.

She’d been so pretty and sweet-faced and, at not quite thirteen, adorably idealistic around the eyes—when Julia had slid the knife into the girl’s throat, it was the idealism that was the last to leave. A sigh, a small cry, and a roll of the girl’s eyes and the innocence had been lost in one final, bloody shudder.

Is this it?

She’d thought she’d feel something, like with all the others. Guilt, maybe. Anger at herself for not being able to stop this horror.

But…no.

Julia had just walked away.

No longer a person, but a thing, a possession, a toy, an object.

Sometimes, though, even though she knew, she still had the false thoughts. They crept up on her when she was tired or in pain or otherwise vulnerable; they were honeyed lies in her ear and hallucinations in her mind’s eye—grating, crimson slashes of things that never were.

An older man, severe and stern, calling her by the name of an Australian city Julia had been to once and hadn’t liked at all; a woman, sly-voiced and slow in her movements, telling her jumbled, half-rhymes; another man, this one younger and solid and handsome, eyes soft with a longing she didn’t understand.

Nora had told her that they were made-up things: that they were no such people or places or a girl named Sydney Bristow.

Mostly, Julia found it so much easier to just believe.

She’d resisted at first, of course. But the crowbar—even then, she could still feel the hard slap of it against her stomach—had helped her forget. And the starvation and the electric shocks and the fists and the humiliation and the knives.

They’d helped her identify the false thoughts and when one managed to slide underneath the surface, burrowing into reality, she could easily dismiss it.

The older woman, the soft-eyed man, the brown-haired Sydney Bristow…

She found the mirror, groping her way along the white plaster wall and the edges of the sink. She found her face, saw the shadows caused by sharp, too gaunt cheekbones and the blunt end of her nose. She traced the yellowing bruises on her temple and the scar that cut jaggedly from nose to upper lip.

This was her only truth. The scars, the bruises, the stiffly dyed blonde hair.

She belonged to The Covenant.

And she was Julia Thorne until death.

*~*~*
*~*~*

He’d already been freed.

Julia saw him through a one way mirror—from one cage right into another, though she doubted that The Covenant would be as benign as The C.I.A. had been.

She studied him, with his shaved head and wrists that were manacled together in thick chains. He was sitting on the only piece of furniture in the room: a metal slab sticking out of the wall that doubled as both bench and bed.

How still he can be. I’d almost forgotten.

No, false thought. But with it, her heart sped up a little. Was it…anticipation? Fear? Some sort of feeling for a shared experience? She remembered her own days of being trapped in a cell just like this, beating her fists into the wall until her knuckles were bloody and ravaged.

“We need him.” Nora’s voice, from behind her. She didn’t ask if Julia was well or had spent the rest of the night nightmare free (she hadn’t); her cut, snapped tone suggested anything apart from The Covenant’s current desires was immaterial.

“Why?” Julia watched him breathe, the slow and steady rise and fall of his chest. It was the only way she could tell he was alive. He looked unremarkable to Julia’s eye, at any rate: just a man, tired and still and dead-looking.

“Mr. Sark is Andrian Lazarey’s biological child.” A slight pause as if waiting for recognition on Julia’s part. When it didn’t come, she continued. “Lazarey is a Rambaldi expert. We think he may know where the cube is or have certain ideas as to where it can be ascertained.”

“Why not go straight to Lazarey? Why bother with the son?” They both watched two men enter the cell, holding open leather casements that proudly displayed gleaming, wickedly sharp looking knives and screws and spikes. She recognized them from the types of weapons they had—they’d used the same on her.

“What they didn’t tell you in your briefing yesterday is that upon Lazarey’s “death”, Sark stands to inherit a formidable fortune. Eight-hundred million dollars, to be absolutely precise.”

“Very nice.”

“It’d be nicer if Mr. Sark…were inclined to share.” Nora put an arm around Julia. It felt unnatural, revolting and Julia had to fight to keep herself in place. “Lazarey isn’t going to cooperate with us—f***ing, blind Russian. We’ve already tried that. His son… Well, it’s really the next best thing, isn’t it? And he certainly knows Daddy Dearest even if the reverse isn’t true.”

“So, we’re going by the plan, then to-”

“Kidnap Lazarey, using his own son against him, and fake his death to get his money. Yes, that’s all true.”

She ran her fingers through Julia’s hair. “Now, all we have to do is convince the son. He’s being resistant to our offers so far, despite the fact that we extracted him from C.I.A. custody…”

Sark jerked violently as one of the men slipped a thin, metal spike in between the knuckles of his left hand.

“What if he refuses to play with us?”

Nora’s smile then was horrible—glittering, ancient, cruel like a demon sewn into human flesh. She pulled a knife from the inside of her vest and handed it to Julia—beautiful and double-bladed, cutting even to the most casual of touches.

“Julia, darling, I think you’re going to make him.”

*~*~*
*~*~*

Hi there! I read your fic before, but forgot to leave a review... sorry!
I love the story and could I please have a PM when you update?

Oh, we have my favorite character- Dark!Sydney/Julia. Slitting an 13-year old's throat, well, it doesn't get much darker than that. -_-

The continued conditioning she goes through with Nora is wrenching as hell. No wonder she tries not to remember, she knows what it means if she does and the description of her scars that linger from her past tortures really give substance to why she no longer continues to be defiant ...

I love how you used this whole chapter as backstory instead of just giving us little bits and pieces, so naturally, I need more now. :lol: Thanks for PMing and sorry I took so long to R/R. ;)

hey
i rd ure fic ages ago but my comps bin pretty screwd up 4 a while so i cudnt post a reply but if ure gonna update plz PM me cos i luv it so far
thanx
xxx

:P this sounds good mate. i hope you continue to update. and the next time you update could you please PM me. would truly apperciate it. thankx. :D

Back