Politics Chivalry: What Happened To It?

when i first started dating my fiance he had very good manners...holding the door for me, opening the car door for me, calling when he says he will... everyone told me he was just doing that to impress me in the beginning... well its almost been three years and he still does it...

good manners most men have (for the most part) but chivalry is not something you can just pull off... you have to mean it. does that make sense?? :thinking:

gurlygirl_89 said:
yeah i get what your saying i just wish some guy would prove to me their not ALL PIGS.

~Dark One~
they're not all pigs. The guys I'm friends with are nice...sure there are guys who are like that, but dont condemn the whole gender.

dude you got me all wrong. All of my freinds are guys. I don't have and friends that are girls because....well never mind. I mean i love all my guys friends to death but i think i have met maybe one guy who respected me. All th e others cheatd on me. I was talking from my limited experiance and wasn't tlaking about all men. I love guys. their great. But to most guys im the kinda girl who watcheds football and basketball and get's drunk and all of that. So the guys that i date view me as someone who really doesn't care. And you ppl talkin about me condmening all men well all of you that are i would welcome you to try and prove that they aren't.

Dark One~

maybe someone should start a thread....people always talk about women haters....now i know its also the oppostie around.

well put Marco

gurlygirl, your constant put downs are probably why guys dont respect you
You us Men none
its a give a take thing a vicious circle if you like

AHHH!! OMG this is so funny cause me and some of my friends on the bus were having a whole fired up conversation about this and of course there's this one guy who sits with us though he's like not straight so he still doesn't believe in this and it was a complicated long thing which he twisted into becoming feminists and stuff and they don't realize that that's not the point

i stand by my other statement. you got me all wrong. I love guys. their great. I would die without them. But if having a good head on my shoulders makes me a guy hater then so be it. I don't sugar-coat everything. I speak my mind. I know there and guys out there who are good but also that are bad. And i just have one question. Does my saying all of this bruise you guys ego? I mean really? Your getting all fired up even after i apologized. I will say it once again. NOT ALL MEN ARE PIGS!. i hope we can put this to rest now and if not then fine.

Dark One

Don't judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes................
Cuz then your a mile away and you have his shoes.

I think that maybe there are some chivalrous guys left because I happen to work with one. This guy I work with is extremely sweet and knows how to treat women (i.e. opening doors, being polite, coming to your rescue when customers start yelling at you...) So he's made me change my thinking. :smiley:

Back