Chocolate Eyes

OMG :cry:. Really good start. Hope you won't do anything too drastic :angelic:
Could you add me to PM list? Thanks in advance :smiley:

oh my god! OH MY GOD! YOU DID NOT JUST END IT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i soooooooo need (and i mean medically need) you to update stat (plz notice medical term (he he))

anyway, love it,

plz continue to update,

thanks,
ABV

Pull it together Vaughn! Sydney's going to need all the help she can get and you can explain it to Weiss later, after she's stablized.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

OMG WTF R U DOIN
LMAO so msn talk right now

but seriously what are you doin
she better be ok
seriously

seriously

Chapter 3

Vaughn ran back into the room, knowing he shouldn't have. He knew he was going to do something wrong, but his body surprised him, it went on automatic. He helped to shove the tube down her throat. They were pumping frantically on the oxygen tank, trying to force more oxygen into her body, when suddenly to hectic bleep-bleep of the steady beep of a stable patient, the whole room let out a collective sigh. Irina Derevko especially, because young women were hard on her, her daughter had had a brain tumor, and never woke up after the surgery. Vaughn felt sad for her, because she was sometimes found sitting in the room where her daughter had taken her last breath, if it wasn't taken.

“Is my baby okay?!” A hoarse scream came from the waiting area. Vaughn could see Irina Bristow on the verge of a breakdown and Nadia and Jack standing in the background. He tore himself away from Sydney and walked over to them.

“Mrs. Bristow, sit down.” Vaughn soothed. Family members often screamed when they saw how many people were touching their husband, wife, daughter, son, and this case was no different.

“Michael?” She asked curiously.

“That's me.” He admitted.

“Really?” Nadia asked, poking his shoulder, “You look more grown up.”

“Yeah, well, 7 years do a justice.” He inwardly winced. At how stupid he must sound. “Anyway, your daughter's condition is unstable and we are going to take her upstairs for a CAT scan and an MRI, but would you please wait here?” He rambled off the stats, knowing them instantly by heart after hearing them.

“Thanks Vaughn.” The family was slightly awed by the fact of they had lost Sydney and found her in the same night. He sighed and turned around, shaking his head to wake himself up. He found them making sure she was ready for transport and started to gently roll her down the hall, past the waiting family.

“God! Look at this!” Weiss shouted from one of the monitors. Kelly Peyton was the first one over there and shouted Da**! The others hurried over.

“WHAT THE HE** !” Elena Derevko swore. “Let's move people!” The room was an hurricane again and people were running around, trying to get the girl off the table and attached back to certain things.

They raced for the OR, that had already been cleared ahead for them and they pushed her past several dazed doctors and nurses that were on hall duty and they flattened themselves against the wall. The interns fell shortly behind, running for the patient that had become their only priority. Vaughn had to force himself not to stop and hide from the nightmare his life had become in a short period of time.

“SCRUB UP!” Katya yelled as she headed for the scrub room. They jumped and hurried to follow orders. They were done almost as fast as the doctors themselves and were jubilant at being let be part of such a huge surgery.

“Scalpel!” Irina asked and an nurse handed it to her. The surgery had begun and the interns leaned, intent on not making an error.

Several bloody hours later, the surgery was over and everybody exhausted. Weiss was grumbling about how he didn't get enough sleep, but keep glancing secretly over at Vaughn who was talking quietly with the three doctors. He assumed it was the punishment he was receiving for walking out, but just waited inconspicuously for him.

```
“Vaughn, you can't just walk out!” Irina said, worried. Her BEST and erm... favorite intern was about to walk out on her!

“Look, Doctor, this isn't the right job for me, I'm to attached to the people and when-if, they die, it takes a huge toll on my emotions and moods. I can't do it, my almost fiancé walked through that door tonight and she was almost dead, she died almost 5 times, and is still in a coma, and I don't fu**ing know what to do! Just stop trying to force me into anything!” He yelled, losing his temper, he rubbed his tempers and hurried away, leaving the three sisters gaping behind him. Weiss hurried after him and patted him hard on the shoulder.

He rapidly walked towards ICU, and stopped outside her window, looking at her, her face was turned towards him and he smiled softly, she was still beautiful. She smiled softly, or so he thought and he leaned forward, so that he was touching the glass and sat there for the rest of the night, not noticing Weiss leaving or the other checking on him, just watching.

I have a feeling neither Michael, Jack, Irina nor Nadia will be leaving that window. If Sydney nearly died five times since she was brought into the hospital, no one is about to leave her side for fear there will be a sixth and final time.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Back