Choose your weapon...

Daax

Cadet
Whenever I create a character on an MMORPG I always like to make him a reflection of myself. A part of that relfection is the weapon I choose. I personally love the good old sword and shield combo.

What is your weapon of choice?

duel weilding swords and a bow and arrow on my back.. :smiley: or have the bow in my hand and 2 short swords on my hip for close combat

I like to have my weapon give out a bit of my personality, my preferable weapon would be a Buster Sword, but I might have second thoughts on that, maybe try out something different, like a chain scythe. ^_^

*blinks and looks around the room nervously*
"A fishing pole"

That's right, I said a fishing pole. No, you didn't misread. No, that wasn't a typo. It really does say...fishing pole.

Now, I will be totally bummed if one would not be able to wield and whack with a fishing pole in HJ. If WoW can do it I'm sure Simu won't let Bliz show them up.

My character in wow has used a fishing pole since level 2, and nothing else. I'm all about the RP regardless to any negative effects it may have on my gameplay. I don't play to have the best, be the best, or use the best builds. I play to RP and provide the world with unique and interesting characters.

...a friggin' eye-poking, ear-flipping, lip-snagging, brow-beating, leg-tripping, nose-picking...fishing pole. Ok, and maybe an occasional prode or poke with my trusty three-pronged fork. More about the fork here

There's so many great weapons to choose from... I particulaly like these:

Scimitar
Short sword
Katana (though it might be a little too far east for HJ)
Throwing Knives

But of course, it depends on the character I wanna create.

Spear
Rapier
Or Flute/Dagger

For ME I love A Weapon that truly fits My Charachter However if I saw a Gnome Character with a Huge Two Handed Sword I would enjoy it

Bow and arrow or a crossbow.
Throwing knives.
And a longstaff.

And let us not forget those other grand weapons.....snares, trip wires etc etc etc. :smiley:

Originally posted by Rics@May 11 2006, 08:22 AM
*blinks and looks around the room nervously*
"A fishing pole"

That's right, I said a fishing pole. No, you didn't misread. No, that wasn't a typo. It really does say...fishing pole.

Now, I will be totally bummed if one would not be able to wield and whack with a fishing pole in HJ. If WoW can do it I'm sure Simu won't let Bliz show them up.

My character in wow has used a fishing pole since level 2, and nothing else. I'm all about the RP regardless to any negative effects it may have on my gameplay. I don't play to have the best, be the best, or use the best builds. I play to RP and provide the world with unique and interesting characters.

...a friggin' eye-poking, ear-flipping, lip-snagging, brow-beating, leg-tripping, nose-picking...fishing pole. Ok, and maybe an occasional prode or poke with my trusty three-pronged fork. More about the fork here
A fishing pole.....

hmm...

interesting....

calculating response....

One of the most original / sweetest weapons ever.

Picture, a short guy...running around...whooping ass with a fishing pole......I think every major food / merchandising company should be fighting for that as a mascot....

*EDIT*

Oh yah and as for my weapons of choice.

For a Warrior. Either a Giant blunt hammer. Or a Longsword.

For a Caster. Two little Voodoo looking sticks.

My preferred weapon is a two handed sword, and maybe a crossbow for range. I also like two handed axes, polearms, and scythes. Not many games implement scythes though.

Great now that everyone else has posted extravagent weapon styles you make me feel like I'm a poor inferior player! I guess I could dual wield staves. That would be interesting :smiley:

Now I feel inferior because I posted my favorite and everyone else posted a list of 3-5 different weapons each. So just in case I own everyone of you about 4 times or less at one time then you all will still have a backup weapon to throw at me.

I've always liked staves myself. Especially with a magic casting char. Man do I want to be a Necro with an awesome creepy looking staff.

Warrior type: 1H Long Sword w/ Tall Shield
Ranger type: Long Bow & Daikatana (Long Katana, though translated means "Very Sword", heh)
Casting type: non-combat- Staff, combat- Mace

~ Jaraeth

Favorite weapon? I like curvy swords. anything from scimitars/tulwars to katanas/wakazashis. Not a big fan of the khopesh, though...

I love staves in the hands of martial artists, where it becomes more of a blur than a weapon...

Hmm good question...

As I'm probably going to be a Healer/Ranger I think I'd go with a shortbow (for quick fill bow attacks) and dual daggers for when the fighting gets a little too close and hairy.

Depends on class:

Warrior: Halberd or Dual-Hammers
Gearknight: classic longsword and shield
Necro/Wiz: Fancy shamanistic staff that is planted as a totem/ward beforce combat and a shiny longsword
Healer: a simple wooden staff slightly bend on the top. But not as much as a cliché shepherd's crook.

Back