Politics Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:ldhi: Ophelia! I am going through some Jack withdrawals, haha!

I can't wait for the day of His return. What a glorious day that will be when we are finally with our King.

:hi: Filmlover! Jack withdrawals over here too, yup, yup. Been passing the time arguing politics on whistlestopper.com. Can't wait for the glorious day when Jesus returns.

Hi Everyone! :smiley:

Hope you're all doing fabulously. I know I am. ^_^

I wanted to ask a quick prayer request for Amanda - she's actually the one who started this thread. Her best friend's mom is very sick with cancer, and they've given her 2 weeks to 2 months to live. It's a really hard time, as I'm sure most of you can imagine, and she, along with her friend's family, needs a lot of prayer. Please pray for this situation, and that God will be glorified through it all.

Thanks guys! God bless. :D

^I will keep her in my prayers today.

On my lunchbreak, I brought my Bible to do my devotions. Well, it wasn't a very good quiet time, but I stumbled across the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in Daniel and it really convicted me. I know you all know the story, but if you haven't actually read it from the Bible lately, you should do that. The question that kept coming to my mind was, "Could I have done that?" "Would have stood my ground at the risk of being thrown in a furnace?" I wish I could say that I would, but I just don't know. Christians today (especially in America) really take their faith and freedom of worship for granted. I pray that we would all be strong enough to stand up for God if ever faced with such a spiritual decision.

She will be in my prayers.

Sally, I agree with you. I have thought about that myself. Do we have the courage to stand for God in the face of opposition? It is so easy to not rock the boat. To stay complient and quiet. We all have to pray and ask God for strength and courage. Put on the Armor of God.

Thanks for you prayers. However, Kyle's mom died yesterday. -_- There isn't much to say, but please keep the family and friends in your prayers. Death is not an easy thing to deal with, as I'm sure most of us know. Kyle's grandmother also died a couple of weeks ago. They'll need God's strength to carry them through this hard time - please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Sally, that's always a compelling question, and one I do think about quite often. I remember the Columbine shootings; I must have only been 10 or 11, I think? I read "She Said Yes", the book about Cassie - one of the victims of the shootings. The boys asked her with a gun pointed to her head if she believed in God, and she proudly answered yes, and died for it. That, to me, is true faith. And, I don't know if I would do that. I know that all of my hopes and dreams for the future would be running through my mind at that point, but that's when you have to surrender completely to God and trust that He has a greater plan that is beyond our vision and comprehension. ^_^

Hey everyone,
I never knew this thread existed and actually I'm form over at sd-1....so I'm kinda new here anyway. I am a Christian and would love to be in this thread! So, hey! And God Bless!

Hi sydsbiggestfan, nice to meet you. I live both her and at SD-1, so I know how you feel.

Wow, you're right there isn't much to say about that. I will keep Kyle's family in my prayers.

I wanted to add something earlier, but my computer was being onery. I, too, can't wait for Jesus to come back. I just want to remind everyone that it's our job to make sure everybody else is ready too.

Also, I too am having trouble with my devotions. Life just seems so busy doesn't it. But I have an uplifting praise.

This weekend, my youthgroup had our fall retreat. And Saturday night, I had a little chat with God. I admitted that I had been slipping up and shoving him in the back. But that I wanted to get our relationship back on track. I wasn't very nice about it, I was just kind of, hey, this isn't working I need help to make things change.

The very next day, there was a slight unexpected change in my schedule that allowed me to get in a little time with His book. And it happened again today too. So even though I was barely even accknowledging him, he was really there all along just waiting for me to make the smallest step.

GOD IS SO GREAT!!!!

Lucy ;)

bristowbabe, God is defintitely awesome. So cool, that your schedule cleared so you can work on your devotions. It is so easy to let life get in the way of spending time with God.

Thank you for the reminder, because we need to share the love of Christ and the Good News. Sometimes it is so easy to not share our faith, and just keep quiet. I have been guilty of that.

One day that trumpet will sound, and all will see Him.

bristowbabe...that definitely is so awesome...I've been trying my best to get on track and do my devotions everyday...its so hard sometimes though...

I can't wait for him to come back either...I actually go to a Christian school, so we have to right "I Believe" papers every quarter, and this quarter is what I believed about the rapture...weird, huh?

Question...do yo guys believe that there is an elect?

Well, by elect, I simply mean.....Do you think that only certain people can get saved. That God has specifily chosen who will get saved and who will not.

sydsbiggestfan said:
Well, by elect, I simply mean.....Do you think that only certain people can get saved. That God has specifily chosen who will get saved and who will not.
[post="1070591"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
isn't that a rather antiquated puritan belief?

I think that we all have the opportunity to be saved. He doesn't want anyone to be lost. I just think that God already knows who will be saved and who won't be. This what I think.

filmlover, that is what I believe. I believe that God gives EVERYONE the opportunity to be saved. However, God is all-knowing, so he KNOWS who is going to be saved, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he picks them.

When God allowed sin to enter the world, He did so because He wanted to give us a choice to love Him. He didn't want robots in heaven. Instead, He wanted people there because they had made the decision to be there. He wanted people there because they loved Him. On the same note, no one can make that choice for anyone else. The choice is between a single person and God. Yes, God does know what our ultimate choice will be ... but He hasn't decided for us. It's our choice, He simply helps us along with that decision. He knows each of our hearts, and He will honor that. ^_^

Guys, I need to ask a prayer request. I am a dancer, for those of you who don't know, and as a dancer, I've learned to accept that I will pretty much always be in pain one way or another. What I have refused to accept, however, is that I will always be injured. When I'm injured to the point where I cannot dance, it's bad. And, I'm at the point at the moment. I hurt my back doing a lift, and the pain hasn't subsided since Tuesday. I would be dancing, despite the pain, but my mom won't allow it. I tried to sneak out of the house with my dance bag, but she caught me. :sigh: Anyway, it's really hard for me to not be dancing, because it's pretty much all I do. And we all know how hard it is to not be able to do the thing you love to do most. So, please, just pray that the Great Physician heals my back quickly (In the next few days would be nice, otherwise I will be forced to go to the doctor :eek: ), and I can be dancing again soon. :smiley:

Thanks everyone. God bless! :D

I will pray for you that God will heal your back. Are you a ballet dancer? I think thats cool that you dance. I have no rhythm at all, haha. But anyway, I will be praying.

I am just so overjoyed that God's a part of my life. I asked him to lead my life and he did :D
I don't know how people get through the day without him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back