Politics Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family is really stressed right now because my sister got her grades for the semester. She's in her second year of pre-med, in Organic Chemistry, which is really the toughest course in pre-med and it really tells if you're good for medicine and well...she got a C in 2 or 3 classes. She's is *so* bummed and frustrated about it because...she has worked so incredibly hard this semester; I mean, she has studied 50+ hours for each of her tests and it doesn't even pay off. She's too hard on herself. I mean, she is *always* studying and she has so much stress upon her like her roommates and stuff, and she just can't handle it. And...she might not get into medical school. Her GPA is 2.5. The lowest she's ever got in her entire life. She's never gotten a GPA lower than 3.5. We've grown up having high expections for ourselves. I think this India trip is a much-deserved break. We come from a family where education is the first and foremost priority. Social life...is much lower. Sharon (my sister) says that her roommate does *everything* that she does. My dad, right now, is saying that she shouldn't have been *that* close to her. I mean, we're all really upset that this happened. I just don't think my sister deserved those grades from her professors.

Please please please pray for my sister. (n)

aw, aliasfan13 i know exactly what it's like. well kinda. see, my bro is really smart and everything, but he doesnt' ever do his work or study (which makes him kinda stupid) so he's gotten 3 f's in his classes this semester. one of those was in chemistry which he has taken 3 times. We're all really disappointed and we dont' know what the problem is. So I can completely understand where you're coming from. I'll be sure to pray for your sister.

and hi lucy! i'm erin. nice to meet you too :D

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. That must be sooo frusterating. I probably can't even imagine. I'll definatly pray that she does better this semester.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

as some of you might know, today is the World Day of Prayer for Peace and also exactly one week after we celebrate the birthday of the Prince of Peace. in a time of war and violence, just set aside a few minutes today to pray for peace.

for all Catholics, today is also the Solemnity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. the Mother of God, so you can ask that she pray with us for world peace. note, since today is Saturday, this feast is NOT a Holy Day of Obligation!

Um, I kinda feel a little wierd writing since i'm Messianic. i definitly belive that Jesus is the Messiah, I just also belive that I should celebrate the Jewish Holidays too. i was just hoping you guys could pray for me. i'm having some difficulty's on another forum here. It's an abortion forum, and I'm almost the only pro-lifer there, so could you please pray that I'll be able to do this?

hi lucy, hi erin, I'm krissy

KRISSY!!! That is soooooooooo awesome! At my chruch there's a small group of us who does dividic dance, and we go out to a not so local, but absolutly wonderful Messianic Synagogue (im sure i butchered the spelling there), for Friday night service sometime, and sometimes the Saturday worship services, and we go for things like passover and the sader and this other one that was totally awesome, but i forget which holiday it was. It had something to do with a covered shelter, gosh I can't beleive I'm totally blanking out though. Anywho, I love your culture, you are of course welcomed here. I will definatly pray for you, and I'll try to make it over to that thread, I'm very pro-life.

Happy New Year all!

Lucy

SyDney6 said:
Um, I kinda feel a little wierd writing since i'm Messianic. i definitly belive that Jesus is the Messiah, I just also belive that I should celebrate the Jewish Holidays too. i was just hoping you guys could pray for me. i'm having some difficulty's on another forum here. It's an abortion forum, and I'm almost the only pro-lifer there, so could you please pray that I'll be able to do this?

hi lucy, hi erin, I'm krissy
[post="1139020"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

im pro-life too, but there's really no point trying to convince others that killing feti are wrong. they want to be immoral, let them. in the end, they still have to answer to God.

I dunno, I think while surely we can't change everyone's or probably even very many people's minds, but I think we should not be silent, we need to stand for what we believe, and if one life could be saved becasue of some link to something one of us saves, that would just be totally awesome wouldn't it?

Hi everyone! Gigi's here :P I feel as if it's been ages since I've been here. Jeepers. Life is just crazy, you know? It's always one thing after another, after another. It neverends! Well, I hope you're all doing fabulously, that you had a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year. We have so many blessings to be thankful - never forget all of the wonderful things our Lord does for us. :smiley:

Wishing you all blessings and joy from Jesus throughout 2005! :D

SyDney6 said:

[post="1139020"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Welcome! I'm so glad you're here. I, like Lucy said, love your culture as well. We have many Messianic friends, I have been to several Jewish services (and loved them!), and we've even celebrated passover at my home with some of our dear Messianic friends. One of my favorite objects in my home is the beautiful prayer shawl we have. I think that it is important to embrace your Jewish heritage and culture, because, after all, our Messiah was Jewish, was He not? You will be in my prayers, though. And, in the mean time...I have a good book recommendation that you might find uplifting: Girl Meets God by Lauren F. Winner. It's a fabulous book about a girl who is raised with a Jewish parent and a Presbyterian Christian parent. She takes you through her faith journey, step by step, and the end result is a beautiful picture of finding the joy of Jesus Christ. You might enjoy it. ;)

Much love to you all. ^_^

Hello, all! Happy New Year! May the Lord bless you all in this New Year. Each year that passes brings us closer to the return of our Saviour.

:eek:ldhi: Krissy! I will pray for you.

i don't know about non-denominational christianity, but the offical stance of the Roman Catholic Church is still against homosexual acts but not homosexuals. there are still disagreements among catholics, but that's what the Church teaches.

I'm trying to get a bunch of people to go to school or work that day with a strip of white cloth tied to their arm (prefereably left, but if you wanna do right, that's ok too) to symbolize our need for peace. for all you non-Caucasian people, white is a symbol for peace in Western culture and for all you non-Asians, white is also a color of mourning.

i was really distraught that I could not participate in the Turn Your Backs on Bush campaign in which everyone at the Inauguration turns their backs when Bush comes in on the motorcade and throughout the inauguration.

then i thought that this white ribbon thing was a better idea, because it's not really a protest on Bush, but on all violence in the world, whether it be Iraq, domestic violence, hate crimes, etc. this way, it's open to all people, not just Democrats or Republicans. So technically, if you really are proud to be an American and all that she stands for, you will help spread the word, because as a lyrics to a song goes, "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me."

Recap:
Who: All people who approve of peace and nonviolence
What: Tie a white ribbon
Where: around your arm
When: January 20, 2005 (preferably during US time which is GMT -05:00)
Why: to show solidarity for fellow human beings
How: tell everyone you know by word, email, website, blog, etc

cinders said:
do christians still disagree with same-sex relationships?
[post="1143978"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
as a whole, i'm not sure.

personally, i support them. marriage is about love, therefore its sanctity is always preserved in that way.

if you'll let britney spears get married when she's drunk or something for 55 hours, why can't we marry 2 good men or women?

Homosexuality is a sin. God created man and woman and made them for eachother. The homosexulity is a sin not the homosexual. But God still loves them madly. It's long and complicated, I've known repent homosexuals before, and boy was he on fire for the Lord. If you have something more specific to ask maybe, I would be able to answer better.

bristowbabe47 said:
Homosexuality is a sin.  God created man and woman and made them for eachother.  The homosexulity is a sin not the homosexual. But God still loves them madly. It's long and complicated, I've known repent homosexuals before, and boy was he on fire for the Lord.  If you have something more specific to ask maybe, I would be able to answer better.
[post="1157046"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
no. it is not a sin. it is a state of being. did you chose to be straight? do they chose to be gay?

god MADE them that way. would he make them that way if He believed it was utterly wrong? no. i know that you can argue that it's a test, but please don't. i have 2 diseases and i still firmly believe in god. for some, it's an obstacle.

if you tell me it's in the bible, i say that parts of the bible are outdated. why is vegetarianism okay if animal sacrifice and such are in the bible? why is anything okay? god didn't write it, that's all i know. i try to store my beliefs in Him, not a book that sometimes i feel can weigh me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back