Politics Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had it that much before the newest church I went to. It's a non-denominational Christian. We have worship for 30 minutes and then a "sermon" for 30 minutes. I feel as if I can finally understand the words of both the songs (we sing modern) and the message. I'm so glad to have finally found Christ this way.

That's great!! Mine is kind of the same- it's actually a Pentecostal church, but right now is technically "non-denominational." We sing modern music for 45 mins and then the sermon is about the same amount of time. Although sometimes the pastor never gets to the sermon if theHoly Spirit shows up... :smiley:

hmm...ima catholic so we have like to me a regular mass..some people say church is boring...i used to say that to when i was lil but now....church isnt boring...i think its juss cuz i went to bible class....

i have been in a Catholic school for 5 years now and now i am going to a Catholic high school and i like it i really don't care yeah i would like to try public school but my mom won't let me so my high school is fine with me
~Kay~

SydneyandVaughn said:
Although sometimes the pastor never gets to the sermon if theHoly Spirit shows up... :smiley:
I can't even imagine how wonderful that must be!!

But as for being a Christian, I'm definitely not Catholic. I think by not growing up with masses and such, I wouldn't be comfortable at all. I've been to a few services, and made a fool of myself with communion, but I dislike how some churches were so selective.

The Vineyard....where I go....is only about Christ.

I also went to Catholic School, I´ve yet Nightmares with a nun in Specially. I was 11 years in this School. but, there are a lot of types of Christianity, I´m a Roman Catholic.

*SPYnish* said:
I also went to Catholic School, I´ve yet Nightmares with a nun in Specially. I was 11 years in this School. but, there are a lot of types of Christianity, I´m a Roman Catholic.
me to...i wouldnt mind goin to a church skoo....itd be nice...i dont like hte peeps at my regular skoo who doubts GOD and my beleifs

i pray for your friend s&v! and bridget(grr i almost typed in btvaughn again!hehehe! must stop that!) your church sounds like my church and this one i go to for youth group(i dont really like my youth group so i go to my friends which i love, its a great atmosphere and i learn and grow spiritually so much there!)

Okay here in LA they have a radio station called Lifesongs...and I subscribed to their newsletter. And the last one I got contained a really powerful prayer. I was really touched by it..and I hope it will touch you..

Powerful Prayer
I kneel before my Father
My eyes fixed upon Him
Help me Lord
I need you again

In Christ I have come asking
His righteousness my veil
I see Jesus asking
Father hear him as he shares

I have confidence in my asking
In Christ I have great faith
Jesus said He would help
He is never late

When He left
He promised His presence
I have claimed that promise now
Jesus is with me
I trust His vow

I fell His presence
He promised to come
I belong to the Fater
Because Jesus is His Son

I've claimed His intervention
I've recognized His call
I am serving Jesus
I am giving Him my all

Ther is a heart position
Not an activity of works
I know for certain
I will do what Christ says

I may not be victorious
Life may loom scary and large
But I am following Jesus
I have given my word

There is an urge within me
Lord hear my sin
I want to tell you what I've done
And where I have been

Jesus brought me back
I am free because of Him
But I want you to know I know
My sin has hurt me again

Rebuild me now Lord Jesus
Reconstruct my will to serve
Provide the encouragement
And your loving Word

I know you won't forsake me
Your promise declares my trust
I've seen all your miracles
Even when I reveled in dusgust

As I think of my sin
My ancestor's sins scram out
Forgive their sin Lord
I dutifully pray

I'm not sure how this works
I am claiming your activity
In an area where your promise
Is all I have

Now Lord I pray for others
They need your help your way
But I will faithfully remind you
So that it will encourage me today

As I work with you Lord
Your presence grows
I find my trust is strengthened
When you and I talk together

Thank you Lord
You are precious
Wondrous beyond compare
I am glad we've met here
My faith is in your care.

Timmy :blink: I hoped you all liked it... :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I LOVED THAT!!! that was...just veryinspiring i was practically in tears! thats exactly how i feel! thanks so much for posting, im printing this out and putting it in my Bible!

You are very welcome.....you shouldnt thank me for that....thank God... He is the one that gave it to the radio station for sending it to me!!!!

my youth group leader, which really isnt my youth group leader she is my friend but i always do things with her church, i always wonder where my faith would be without her, she is always reminding me, sending me prayer emails! i dont thank God enough for her! nor my friends and the community i have here on AA!

Victoria King said:
my youth group leader, which really isnt my youth group leader she is my friend but i always do things with her church, i always wonder where my faith would be without her, she is always reminding me, sending me prayer emails! i dont thank God enough for her! nor my friends and the community i have here on AA!
awwwwwwwww thank you Vicki.

Victoria King said:
(i dont really like my youth group so i go to my friends which i love, its a great atmosphere and i learn and grow spiritually so much there!)
must be habit Vic! lol
And I agree with you about churches, I never would have grown without changing churches. I wasn't learning or wanting anything there. Now at the Vineyard, I have this amazing sense of God when I sing and I never want to lose it!

And Timmy.....that was absolutely amazing!!!!! Thank-you for posting it. I'm definitely keeping it right next to my Bible!
And actually I recieved this newsletter from our school's Christian group with an amazing message. I'll see if I have time to type it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back