Politics Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes bridget type it! if you have the time! and i think it must be habit or i just needed something else, but i found it at this other church, which is great!

I actually have a question for everyone. This might be the wrong or actually the right thread for this, but how do you feel about gay couples? b/c I know there have been plenty of arguments on it. This is in terms of your stance as a Christian.

thats a tough question...well duh! but its hard to explain really so read everything i am writing then you'll see what i mean.
i am against it personally. like i said against it! not the person, that is their way of living and if they choose that lifestyle so be it. its none of buisness. but it is a sin in the eyes of God. I think its wrong but i know this one guy who is gay, who is there whenever i need him, he is a great person, so you can not judge a person based on this AT ALL!
juding is also wrong in the eyes of God. but when you give your life up to Jesus and let Him into your heart, ALL of your sins are given up, ALL of them. so those who are can still be Christians and can still be saved.
so basically my stance on it, is i think it is morally wrong and definatly not my cup of tea but if someone choses that lifestyle, i have nothing against them or think differently of them. i just dont agree with their decision.
hopefully i didnt offend anyone becuase i dont intend to or even want to! like i said before do not judge a person on what they do, but who they are inside that counts!
thats my views.

Very interesting, Vic. And I especially like the way you put it. I'm not sure how to explain my views, but they're pretty much the same as you. I don't want to say I'm "against" homosexuality, but really I am.
Ok let's try that again.....I don't agree with the idea of it, as the Bible says it's wrong. BUT, I will not discriminate against someone for THEIR decision. Which is technically why you could say I'm for gay rights, just not the actual decision to do so. Does that make any sense?

Can you gather up some Biblical quotes on homosexuality for me, if you don't mind?

I've never read anything in the Bible dealing with that area.

I have a Scripture search CD-Rom...I'll go ahead and look those up for ya if you want...The References would be from the King James Version of the Bible...I hope that's ok...

im not quite sure where, and i dont have an index of Bible becuase i've had this one since i was in third grade but i will try to...of course! and while we wait for those...i have this to post to inspire! my one friend sent it to me, i thought it was hilarous and adorable!

A fifth grade teacher in a Christian school asked her class to look at TV
>commercials and see if they could use them in some way to communicate ideas
>about God. Here are some of the results:

>BAYER ASPIRIN
>He works miracles.

>a FORD
>He's got a better idea.

>COKE
>He's the real thing.

>HALLMARK CARDS
>He cares enough to send His very best.

>GENERAL ELECTRIC
>He brings good things to life.

>SEARS
>He has everything.

>ALKA-SELTZER
>Try him, you'll like Him.

>SCOTCH TAPE
>You can't see him, but you know He's there.

>DELTA
>He's ready when you are.

>ALLSTATE
>You're in good hands with Him.

>VO-5 Hair Spray
>He holds through all kinds of weather.

>DIAL SOAP
>Aren't you glad you have Him. Don't you wish everybody did.

>the U.S. POST OFFICE
>Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet nor ice will keep Him from His appointed
>destination.

>"God Grant Me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot Change, the Courage
>to Change the Things I Can, and the Wisdom to Know the Difference."

mo is getting it(thanks mo, my Bible has no index so its hard for me to find things unless i know the exact scripture number or close to it!!!

Ok my thing isn't working so I did it manually...sorry it took so long :smiley:...hope this helps...

Leviticus 18:22 "Though shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination"

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have commited an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Deuteronomy 23:17 "There shall be no ***** of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel"

Isaiah 3:9 "The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves"

Romans 1:27 "And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of a woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

1 Corinthians 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not decieved: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"

1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctorine:"

Jude 1:7 "Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication , and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

Romans 1:27-- And likewise also the men leaving the natural use of the waman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unsemmly and recieving in themselves that recompence of their error was meet.

Isaiah 4:9: the shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.
those are two..im typing up more!

SydB_JenG said:
Ok my thing isn't working so I did it manually...sorry it took so long :smiley:...hope this helps...

Leviticus 18:22 "Though shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination"

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have commited an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Deuteronomy 23:17 "There shall be no ***** of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel"

Isaiah 3:9 "The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves"

Romans 1:27 "And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of a woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

1 Corinthians 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not decieved: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"

1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctorine:"

Jude 1:7 "Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication , and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."
Ok I just edited this and put the scriptures up...the ***** word is wh.ore

SydB_JenG said:
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have commited an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
Errrr.... that's not right :thinking:

nance said:
SydB_JenG said:
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have commited an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
Errrr.... that's not right :thinking:
It was a revelation given to a particular city about what they should do to perpetrators of that law...it was an actual law of a city then that back then was punished by death...back in B.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back