Politics Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
the_alliance: I can't imagine how hard that must be. I'm sorry that you and this girl's family are having to go through this. They will be in my prayers, for God's strength to get them through.

Andy: That's awesome! Don't be nervous, you'll be fine. :smiley: But, I'll pray for you if it makes you feel better ;) Good luck though...God's luck of course hehe.

Miss_nancee: congratulations! how exciting to confirm your faith! :smiley:

vartan-lova: Welcome, welcome, welcome! It's great to have you in here. I'm Gigi...hope to see you around! :D

Guys, quick prayer request. I have something funky going on with the right side of my face. My eye is very red, and my right lymph node is swollen, and my sinuses are very achy on the right side as well. I'm sure it's all sinus related, but its been going on for about 2 days now, so if you think of it, please just throw in a quick healing prayer for me. It's slightly miserable. -_-

Hey, its good to see you guys again. This place has been kind of lacking, so its nice to see it back up :smiley: God bless...

wanted to add that it's really reassuring to know there are so many christians out there, in this site especially. i stopped coming in the serious discussion forum bc everything always turned into debate and the threads were closed so it seemed pointless. but this is really great what you guys have going here.

Gigi i will pray for you!

Hey guys!

I have a prayer request too.

My cousin has come down with typhoid fever. He lives in India and goes to a boarding school there, so he's not there with his mom. But I think it is sort of serious, because the nurse said that he has blood in his urine, so I'm just praying, because he's only 14 years old.

aliasjunkie4ever said:
the_alliance: I can't imagine how hard that must be. I'm sorry that you and this girl's family are having to go through this. They will be in my prayers, for God's strength to get them through.
thank you. :angelic:

hey i have a prayer request. this summer i'm going to East Asia on a missions trip for 5 weeks. its $3500 so if you'd like to pray that i raise the support in time that would be great!

vartan-lova: Thanks for your prayers. They've helped a lot :smiley: I'm feeling much better. And, I will keep your request in my prayers!

Aliasfan13: I'm sorry about your cousin. He will certainly be in my prayers as he pushes through this illness.

Guys, today the seniors of my highschool had their last official day. I didn't realize it would make such an impact me, but I've realized how much they define my school! I was close with a couple of them, and acquainted with a lot of them, so it was hard in that sense. But, it's also strange thinking that I won't see most of them again. I took them for granted this whole year and now they're gone! It just opened my eyes to how much they really mean to me, and my school. It's so important to let people know how much they mean to you while you still have the chance, because life will pass you by so quickly. And, always be prepared to show them Jesus through you, because the last time you see them maybe the last Christian influence they ever have in their life. And, it may seem that as "under classmen", we don't matter to them, but if they really admit it, we mean a whole lot to them. Probably as much as they mean to us. Without someone under them, they wouldn't be over anyone! :P Really this doesn't have a point, except to say what I've said, about how important it is to always let Christ shine through you. And also, thinking about how soon I'll be graduating...And if it's this emotional for me as a freshman, I can't imagine when I'm actually a senior! :blink:

I think it's important for us at this time of year, with everyone graduating and moving on, to keep the seniors in our prayers. They're embarking on a rough and exciting journey, and they'll need a lot of strength to get through. So, think of them as you finish up the school year, and remember that every day is another step closer to the end. So, take each step wisely!

^_^

I'm not close to any seniors, though I'd consider a few friends, and I'm really gonna miss them. Well, I'll be celebrating the fact that some will be leaving :lol: But there are people I care about, even though I spend almost no time with them.. I'm pretty bummed about graduation because I'm gonna miss a big chunk of it since the SATs are on the same day.

erm...I have another prayer request.

My friend has been having some problems in her life. Last night, she sort of opened up to me, and told me some secrets. I was really touched because she said that I was always there for her, and that I was her true friend. Then she told me that she cut a little. I was really shocked, and she asked me to pray for her, and we were both crying, and yeah. So could you please pray for her that she will stop cutting?

AliasALIAS: Aw, that stinks that you'll miss a lot of the graduation. I was actually going to miss it this year to go to Tampa for an Alias Marathon, but after yesterday...I don't think I could stand not to go. ^_^

Aliasfan13: Your friend will be in my prayers, and you as well, that God will use you to speak to her.

Aliasfan13: i will be praying for your friend.

This has been going on for awhile but I also have a friend who cuts and is suicidal and depressed. We were best friends for years. Last february she turned bisexual and told me about that and everything else. All of that stuff just killed me. I think that was because it was such a shock. She grew up in a Christian family, went to church and youth group and everything. It was so unexpected. It seems weird now but I had trouble sleeping back then. I didn't eat much. I lost 9 pounds in the first five days. We stayed best friends for six months after she told me everything and then we grew apart. Actually, I let go because I couldn't handle it anymore. But this is supposed to be about her. Things have only gotten worse for her. She's more rebellious than ever. And I feel like I've done what I can to help her. It's even harder to help now that we arent good friends anymore. I don't know what I can do and right now it feels like the only thing that could help is if God changes her heart. So if you'll pray for her, she really needs it.

thanks all for praying for me and my friend. I will pray for your friend, Vartan-lova, as well.

What's really sad for my friend, is that she's my age, which is 12, and she cuts. No one in her family knows, and she a very Christian person, so that's why I was surprised.

aww im sorry about that. i know what you mean. my friend was not the type at all to cut or anything. even if she wasnt a christian she was pretty close and from knowing her you kindof expected her to be. until she changed and started showing that she changed.

Hey peoples! *waves* Wow... I haven't been here in a loooong time! I'm Kristin, for those who don't remember or don't have a clue who this crazy person is. ;) I hope everyone's doing okay.

Aliasfan13: That's really sad... I'll pray for your friend

vartan-lova: I'll definately pray for your friend.

Guys, today the seniors of my highschool had their last official day. I didn't realize it would make such an impact me, but I've realized how much they define my school! I was close with a couple of them, and acquainted with a lot of them, so it was hard in that sense. But, it's also strange thinking that I won't see most of them again. I took them for granted this whole year and now they're gone! It just opened my eyes to how much they really mean to me, and my school. It's so important to let people know how much they mean to you while you still have the chance, because life will pass you by so quickly. And, always be prepared to show them Jesus through you, because the last time you see them maybe the last Christian influence they ever have in their life. And, it may seem that as "under classmen", we don't matter to them, but if they really admit it, we mean a whole lot to them. Probably as much as they mean to us. Without someone under them, they wouldn't be over anyone!  Really this doesn't have a point, except to say what I've said, about how important it is to always let Christ shine through you. And also, thinking about how soon I'll be graduating...And if it's this emotional for me as a freshman, I can't imagine when I'm actually a senior!

So true, Gigi... I just started thinking about this recently... Jessica (my sister, Alias_Babe2007 on here and sd-1.com) is going to be a sophmore next school year and I'll be a freshman. Then my littler sis Nicole is going to be in 7th grade. When she's a freshman, Jess will be a senior. Then she'll leave me! (n) (n) (n) (n) That's three school years! :eek: THREE! *dies*

Nice to "see" you guys!

-Kristin :jump:

Marshall said:
Guys, today the seniors of my highschool had their last official day. I didn't realize it would make such an impact me, but I've realized how much they define my school! I was close with a couple of them, and acquainted with a lot of them, so it was hard in that sense. But, it's also strange thinking that I won't see most of them again. I took them for granted this whole year and now they're gone! It just opened my eyes to how much they really mean to me, and my school. It's so important to let people know how much they mean to you while you still have the chance, because life will pass you by so quickly. And, always be prepared to show them Jesus through you, because the last time you see them maybe the last Christian influence they ever have in their life. And, it may seem that as "under classmen", we don't matter to them, but if they really admit it, we mean a whole lot to them. Probably as much as they mean to us. Without someone under them, they wouldn't be over anyone!  Really this doesn't have a point, except to say what I've said, about how important it is to always let Christ shine through you. And also, thinking about how soon I'll be graduating...And if it's this emotional for me as a freshman, I can't imagine when I'm actually a senior!

So true, Gigi... I just started thinking about this recently... Jessica (my sister, Alias_Babe2007 on here and sd-1.com) is going to be a sophmore next school year and I'll be a freshman. Then my littler sis Nicole is going to be in 7th grade. When she's a freshman, Jess will be a senior. Then she'll leave me! (n) (n) (n) (n) That's three school years! :eek: THREE! *dies*

Nice to "see" you guys!

-Kristin :jump:[/quote]
KRISTIN! Hi! :D It's good to see you. hehe. We've missed you 'round these parts :P omg, I didn't know you had a little sister! That's awesome. I know how much your sisters drive you crazy, but be glad you have them. Because, it's a lot better than having 3 brothers and no sisters at all. Believe me! :rolleyes: But, I'm the same way with my older brother. Next year he'll be a junior, and I'll be a sophomore. It will be wierd once he's gone. We've gotten closer as we've gotten older, and I have a feeling that by the time he's a senior, I'll be an emotional wreck when he leaves! :blink: Ah, but let's not think about that now...hehe. It's great to see you, girl. Hope you come more often, and tell Jessica we miss her in here too! :D

Hey, since I have nowhere else to really say it, I'll just say that today is my one-year AA anniversary! :party: :cool: hehe. I just thought I'd tell you guys. ^_^

I have a praise :excited: My youth pastor joined us on Sunday for the first time in 30 days. He's had problems with his colon and recently had his second surgery to correct it. He actually has had 18 inches of it removed, so, as he says, he has a "semi-colon". :lol: Anyway, it was just so good for our youth group to see him, because we've been kind of rugged lately without him. You know how when you have a sub at school you don't treat them the same as you would your normal teacher, and things just aren't nearly the same? It's just the same with having a stand-in youth pastor. It just doesn't work and it's hard on all of us, but particularly the ones who can hardly get along without Grant. I just wanted to thank you guys for keeping him in your prayers and praise God for the awesome work He has done. His blessings continue to amaze me everyday. ^_^

God bless you all.

-gigi

just checking in

another prayer request: my friends little brother (their family goes to my church) had a brain tumor. they removed it this past week but it was cancerous so he'll have to have chemo therapy and radiation for the next year. and he's only 12 years old! so pray that God will heal him quickly and he'll be able to live a normal life again soon.

Hello hello!! I haven't been around in forever, but like Kristin re-introduced herself, I might as well too. I'm Bridget and I've missed the C-thread like crazy! I don't really get the chance to talk to anyone except for Court and Miss Vicki anymore, but I hope everyone is well. :smiley:

For prayer requests...Aliasfan 13 and vartan-lova, both of your friends will be in my prayers. And as well, your friend's brother. I hope he will be ok! And Gigi, I'm so glad your pastor was able to come back, even for a short time. He will continue to be in my prayers.

And since I haven't been around in so long, first off, how is that foot of your's Miss Gigi?!?!?! I hope it hasn't been giving you too much careful. I'm continually keeping you in my prayers. (I'm afraid dance has taken it's toll like no other on me)

As for me, I've been incredibly and insanely stressed lately with school, SAT's, ACT's, and AP exams. I'm having an incredibly difficult time handling that, along with dance and finding a job this summer. I would appreciate any prayers if you could. :smiley: But, I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it before, but God brought someone amazing into my life, Tim. I've been with him for 6 months already, and God has absolutely made my life brighter by allowing me to meet him again, after he moved away for 3 years. ^_^

Stay well everyone and God Bless!

Bridget!! Hi! :D It's so awesome to see you here, I've missed you! ^_^

Thanks for praying for my youth pastor. He needs it. :smiley:

And, my foot is actually doing very well. It still hurts; there's no denying it. And I'm terrible about doing my exercises like my doctor told me to. :eek: But, I had a dance performance last night and it didn't hurt at all. Of course, I took 4 Aleve :P but, it's doing well and the whole situation has certainly brought me closer to God. Thank you for your prayers. You do not know how much that means to me. Honestly, without everyone I've had praying for me, I don't think I could have made it. ^_^

I understand your stress. Not so much with the SAT's and stuff, but we have finals next week, and my big dance performance is a week from Thursday, and I don't even know all of my part! :blink: But, I will pray for your stress, and dancing and finding a job as well. God will bless your efforts-always remember that! ;)

Tim. How wonderful. :smiley: He sounds like a great guy. Its funny, because my best -guy- friend's name is Tim. We're are just friends; neither of us feel the need to be anything more at the moment, especially since we can't even drive yet, and we both want our relationships with God to come first. I actually called Delilah, if any of you've heard of her, the radio lady? But, I called her and talked about Tim. :P Anywho, that's wonderful that you have a such a great guy in your life, and what a blessing that you met him again after 3 years! Maybe its just meant to be ^_^ hehe.

Love you Bri, and I'm thrilled you're here again. Hope to see more of you!

-gigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back