Politics Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have another prayer request

We have this huge project in History that everybody is stressing over. We have to do these big essays with only a few days to finish them in between! ...and I'm just praying that we'll all be able to finish in time.

Hi everyone.

I need to ask a couple of prayer requests.

First, my grandmother had surgery last thursday. Nothing very major, just a blepherplasty (sp?). They had to raise the skin on her eyelids so it wasn't interfering with her vision. She's doing surprisingly well, but I just want to pray for her continual speedy recovery. :smiley:

Second, we have final exams this whole week. I'm having a hard time prioritizing, considering I'm sitting on the internet and I haven't exactly studied. :blink: So, yeah, please pray that I get my priorities straight and that God blesses my effort.

Third, and part of the reason why I'm having trouble prioritizing, is my friend Tim. I mentioned him in my last post. Just the other day, we were just friends. Now, all of a sudden, he's been different. He's being a little touchy feely, he's making comments that suggest something...we're not, he calls me "just to talk" which he's never done before, and he even has his family treating me differently. It's just odd that all of a suddent all of this has happened over 2 days or so. It just began out of the blue. It's very confusing, and I don't really know what to do. We're friends. We're really good friends. Sure we like each other. He's a guy, I'm a girl, and we're really really close. We both have the qualities each other is looking for. But, last time we talked about this, we had decided being friends was the way to go. Now, he's acting differently, and we haven't talked about being anything different. Please pray that I find the strength to talk to him, and the strength to follow God's way, not Tim's way. So much of me wants to jump into this, but then so much of me can sense a lot of reasons not to. So, my mind is slightly jumbled, especially with Finals as well, so, please just pray for my decisions. ^_^

Thanks everyone. God bless.

Oh, and my birthday's tomorrow :D I'm a little excited. hehe. :P

Happy Birthday!! and i will definitely pray for you. i hope everything works out with tim, i think it will.

a couple prayer requests:

1) i have to raise $3500 for Asia this summer. we leave in three weeks and i only have $800 . so im trusting that if God wants me to go he will work it out but if you could pray for that i would really appreciate it.

2) this is really stupid but, for going overseas i have to get a bunch of vaccines and stuff and i am deathly afraid of needles so im afraid im gonna pass out or have a seizure or something lol so that is june 7th and im so scared!!

Hello all! I know it's been a long time since anyone has even posted in this thread, which means my prayers might be a little late. But I do hope everyone's exams, projects, Gigi's Gramma, everything with Tim, and that money vartan-lova worked out. And don't worry about the needle fear...I'm the exact same way, but I'm actually going to donate blood soon, I'm just kind of scared.

But the real reason I'm posting hear is because I need a huge prayer request. It involves Tim and myself, but the actual problem I'm not comfortable saying at the moment. I'm incredibly worried at the moment, and I've been praying every night God can help us through the situation. But I would appreciate the prayers more than anything. Thank-you. :smiley:

Hello everyone!

I've missed you guys so much! It's really great to be back. I've been in Europe for a month, and after returning to America, I felt like a foreigner. I come home to hearing that Julia Roberts is having twins, and J.Lo is married again? :rolleyes: I have missed a lot! I hope everyone is doing well and having a great summer. :smiley:

Europe was amazing. I had so many personal touches with the Lord I couldn't even begin to share them all. But, the most amazing was when I went paragliding. I literally jumped off a mountain and flew around in the sky for 45 minutes. And, being up in the air, feeling as if I was seeing the world through an angel's eyes, I realized how insignifcant my little life is in the big scope of things. And, to be more specific, my life on earth. This life isn't what matters. It's the eternal life that God longs for, that He waits for and that He sent His Son to us for. I am such a small speck on the large scale of things, and its nice to know that God cares so much for one little speck on the timeline!

I want to thank you guys for your prayers for Tim and me. Being apart for a month, we were able to really examine our lives and what is really important at the moment, and we decided to just be friends right now. We both feel like we need to grow in our relationship with God more before we can have a relationship with each other, and we are also afraid of losing our friendship to a high school relationship. So, I think that we made the right decision for the here and now, so thanks for helping us through it with prayers. :smiley:

Bridget, what ever it is the two of you are going through, you can be assured that my prayers are by your side. I ask that God blesses your situation and brings good out of it, even if it be in a crazy way! Today, my pastor preached on 1 Corinthians chapter 1, and he stressed the verse that tells us clearly that the Lord allows us to go through troubled times so that we might be an encouragement to others when we have made it through. So, stay strong, and keep your eyes on the Lord. Everything in your life happens for a reason, and God loves you beyond description, and He would never allow you to suffer something and not learn from it in return. God bless you, Bri. ^_^

Guys, if you could pray for a young friend of mine, it would be greatly appreciated. She's entering eighth grade this coming year, and she recently began a relationship. She is such an outgoing girl, and I don't want to see her hurt. It hasn't even been a month and she's completely infatutated by him. I love her so much, and she's a wonderful girl, but she's so young, and I just want to pray that the Lord gives her wisdom beyond her years to see that she might only be looking at the moment and not realizing what the future could hold. -_-

Blessings to you all, and have a joyful summer. :D

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Happy</span> <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>4th of</span> <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>July!!!</span>

I have a prayer request...

Tim left today for a 3 week long prayer session in Kansas City, Missouri. He's going to IHOP, short for International House of Prayer (not to be confused with Pancakes :P) and he is so excited. However, he is struggling with a lot of spiritual warfare at the moment, and he is kind of worried to go with such a heavy burden on his shoulders. He needs encouragement from his Father to get through. The last thing he wants is to be distracted by evil, but he knows without God by his side, he will be. Please just pray that his spirit will be renewed and he will be abundantly blessed during this period.

Also, please pray for a friend of his who recently denied Christ. It's ripping him apart.

Thanks. God bless ^_^

Kansas City isn't that far from where I live, but I hope everything works out for him.

I went to a church camp all last week, it was wonderful, i highly recommend it for those who are in the Nebraska-Kansas-Iowa area, it's Camp Webster in Salina, Kansas. It's a wonderful camp. It strengthens your relationship with the Lord, and does it in a fun way. They had a band that kind of reminds you of a rock band play worship music for us.(Quality Vinyl). And they would make the services fun and stuff, and you get to be with people your age. We also had some fun games, like seeing how many marshmallows we could get to stick on the side of someone's van, and they had a drama class, rock wall, rope courses, and lots of stuff. So if you live in the area of Nebraska-Kansas-Iowa, you can see more information at www.justforyouth.com.

I know exactly what you're talking about spy_girl21. I just came back from my own Christian Camp that was in Virginia. I'm not sure how many of you remember me mentioning an organization called Young Life, but that's the camp I went to. It was absolutely amazing and does so much for one's relationship with Jesus. And we had the great activities as well :smiley: as well as something called cabin time, where you get so close with the other members from your school.

And Gigi, I will of course be praying for Tim...it really sounds like he's having a hard time, but I know God will be with him.

And thank-you to all of you for your prayers. I can't say everything is right at the moment, since my Tim is actually dealing with depression. But with prayers, I know all is possible. :smiley:

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8</span>

WOW! How amazing is that??? I just thought that verse was amazing.

Well, in case you can't tell, I'm on a bit of a spiritual high. I just got back from a week long retreat in Jekyll Island, Georgia and it was incredibly incredible! I can't even begin to describe it to you but God has put so many things on my heart that I don't know whether or not I can handle it all. This retreat, called Fun in the Son [F.I.T.S.], happens every summer where Presbyterian youth groups gather together to fellowship, worship, and learn. And boy did I do just that.

I got to know my youth group better than I know my own family-extended family, atleast. I am so blessed to have the youth group that I have around me. We truly are like one big huge family. The guys pick on my like I'm their little sister (even those who are younger than me...I'm just smaller than everyone). The girls...well...we get emotional and frustrated with each other just like sisters, but we always find a way to be friends again, most likely because we have God as our center foundation.

The worship. You guys, I cannot even begin ot describe to you my worship experience. It has been unlike anything I have ever known. Todd Fields led it, morning and evening and I have never seen anything like it. The authenticity of this guy is amazing. He is so real, and his love for Jesus is so true. But the songs we sang...at one point, I prayed to God that He would give me that experience of it just being me and God in the room. No one else. And He did the whole week. I think from now on it will always be between just us. It was something I had always struggled with. I loved worship, but I loved it more because of my love for music and not my love for the Lord. It's not that way now. It has everything to do with my love for the Lord and his extravagant love for me. I encourage each and everyone of you to ask God for your worship experience to be between you and Him, because it will change your life. There is nothing like feeling as if your in a room with you and your savior. It is the most exhilarating thing in the whole entire universe. Well, second, after being in a room filled with new believers. My friend who I didn't really know until this trip, committed his life to Christ while he was there. Matt has been through hell. And I mean that literally. Satan had him in his grasp so tightly Matt couldn't have gotten out. But, he did. Matt drank, Matt did drugs, Matt smoke...in fact, he was chewing nicorette the whole time he was there. He takes medicine because he's bipolar. And I looked at him and told him I could not imagine going through what he had gone through and still being able to look anyone-especially God-in the eye. But he did. And, when he looked at me and asked me to go with him to talk to Kenn, the speaker, I started crying. You see, Kenn had said that if there were new Christians they could join him in a room because he wanted to pray for them, "And you're welcome to bring a brother or sister," he added. Matt asked me to go with him and I was ecstatic. His sister was there as well, and I have never seen her so happy. But, let me tell you. Being in that room full of new family members, I could hear the angels rejoicing. I could see God smiling. When we were done praying, we went back into the Worship service and, WOW, I have never ever ever in my life felt so much joy. And my friends will tell you that I am a very happy person. I'm very rarely upset or angry and I amost always have a smile on my face. But the joy I felt when I went back into that room was something I had never felt before. It washed over me like the buckets of water the guys dumped on us from the top floor. It covered me, and it is still with me today. For the first time, I felt the joy of my heavenly Father. I understood what it's like to be filled with God's joy. And I realized that my whole life, even after I accepted Christ in fifth grade, I had been missing the joy that Jesus wanted me to have. Sure, I had been happy. But I hadn't been joyful. I had been missing out on the happiest thing of all. My life will never be the same.

The sermons. Well, I don't even want to call them sermons. Teachings? Lessons?
Speeches? Whatever you want to call it, they were done by Kenn Kington. If you've never heard of him, you have now, and don't forget his name. He is amazing. He is a stand up comedian, but he's clean, clear and under control. :P He's a Christian and a very proud one at that. This guy had the ability to have everyone laughing so hard they were crying one moment and the next everyone was silent because he had said something so profound. Actually, from the very first moment he started talking, I knew I had heard him before. By the end of the week I knew that he had spoken at my school, and I ran into him and his family during dinner so I stopped to say hi and just thank him for being there. He's an incredibly nice guy, his wife is so sweet and his 3 children (Graham-6, Cole-5 and Kennedy Grace-10 1/2 months) are beautiful. Anyway, you guys should google him and find out if he's coming to a place near you anytime soon. Believe me, it's worth it. Oh, he actually has a show on Comedy Central if any of you watch that...I don't, so, yeah. ^_^

Well, I have so much to say but it's really hard to type it all out. lol. But, I just wanted to share my week with you all.

Bridget, I want you to know that I have been praying for you, and for Tim's depression. Stay strong and don't let him forget that Jesus is the ONLY way. That's what Kenn "preached" on. The verse that says "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one come to the Father except through me." No one can be truly healed except through Him either. Don't let him forget that. :hugs: I love you!

I love everyone. God bless.
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>
Psalm 61:4 "I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings."</span>

Hey, I just found this thread and I think it's awesome. It's always great to meet members of the family. I have a couple of prayer requests.

My youth group recently went to choctaw, mississippi for the 3rd year. Being down there is always a huge blessing to us. We do a vbs for the kids who live on the reservation and a work project at the church we stay at. We always go down there expecting to be really helpful, but God's so clever and it always turns out that they help us.

Life is a lot different down there. Since they're on a reservation not all the same laws apply and a lot of the kids seem neglected. They're so hungry for love and a lot of them don't get it at home. In past years we had a case of serious physical abuse, and when we returned this year, we found those kids in the same house with the same gaurdians.

So please pray for all the kids down there, that somehow they would be able to find the love they're searching for in Jesus and also for the kids who were abused, that He would take care of it the way He knows is best, wether it be getting them out of that home or bringing healing to their family.

Also, last monday a friend of mine from summer camp died. He was only 18. I know his sister and I know that this is really hard on her. Please pray for their family.

Lucy

By the way, I'm wondering does anyone else out there do dividic dance? And has anyone ever gone to SeaSalt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back