Politics Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree this is an awesome thread. Especially now this is the harvest generation. We're so lucky that we get to live through this, so many people are coming to have close personal realationships with Jesus at an astounding rate. We really need to pray for and encorage each other during these turbulant times. "Therefore go and make disiples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Fater and the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, even til the end of the age." Matt 28:19&20. So be in constant prayer for those you know that aren't christians that God would use you to some how reach them for him.
Lucy

Can someone post the entire thing that says "Love is never jealous..." ? Please. And tell exactely where it comes from. ^_^

I was right.

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Hi Lucy! Welcome to the C thread! I'm so glad that you have found this thread. I have found it to be a wonderful place to talk about my Lord and I hope you do as well! :D

Sarkasim, if you've never been in here before, welcome! :smiley: If you have, welcome back. ;)

Sophie, that verse comes from 1 Corinthians chapter 13 verses 4-13. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ^_^

Haha. Adventures in Odyssey? Now, those were the good ol' days. I can't even remember the last time I waited by the radio for 8 o'clock on Sunday evenings. hehe. I watched the movies too...I even had tape sets with 6 cassettes each. :P I didn't like the movies. Their noses were funny looking. :blink:

Hmmm I'm Christian/Catholic but i'm wanna of those people thats on the edge not really sure were i am... I want to be a good chrisitan but I dont really know how.... :(

That's definitely understandable. I use to question my relationship and what was happening in my life, but coming to this thread actually pushed me back in the right direction. I absolutely became on fire for Jesus and it was wonderful!

And I know I've talked about this with you Gigi, but I was hoping some others of you could pray for a new journey I'm going through. I'm actually looking at converting Catholicism and there's an informational meeting at St. Luke's on Thursday. The actual RCIA program starts on Sept. 2. I'm still trying to decided how I feel, but it's something I know I'll discover during these classes. Thank-you so much. :smiley:

VaughnsAHottie said:
Hmmm I'm Christian/Catholic but i'm wanna of those people thats on the edge not really sure were i am... I want to be a good chrisitan but I dont really know how.... :(
[post="963979"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know what you mean. I'm a methodist, so I don't know how your youthgroup works, but it really helped me to talk with my youth pastor. Pray a lot and just have chats with God. Tell him what going on and just everything thats on your mind. He loves talking with you. My youth pastor always told me that one of the most important things is having a true desire to be close with God, that's the first step, because he loves you and wants to be close to you. I'll be praying for you. If you need anything pm me.
Lucy

VaughnsAHottie said:
[post="963979"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think every Christian can tell you that they have gone through what you are experiencing now. Each day, in fact, I question my beliefs in God. The world throws contradictions at me, and people at school think my faith is ridiculous. There are times when I just sit down and rake my brain to figure out a way to prove God wrong. And each time, God continually brings me back home to Him, back to His loving arms, and back to His Truth. His everlasting, unfailing truth. His Word. Isaiah 40:8 says "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God stands forever." That's one verse that has kept me alive through my Christian walk. The Word of our God will stand forever, and so will everything else that God is. His love, His grace, His power, His mercy...He was, is, and always will be. Draw near to Him and you will come to realize the truth of your heavenly Father. And don't worry about being a "Good Christian". Just serve God. You're going to mess up. We all do. But, God forgives us because He is merciful. But, all that God desires from us is a relationship. When you have that relationship with Him, being a "good Christian", whatever exactly that means, will happen naturally. God will guide you in His will and your job is simply to follow it. ;)

btvaughn said:
And I know I've talked about this with you Gigi, but I was hoping some others of you could pray for a new journey I'm going through.  I'm actually looking at converting Catholicism and there's an informational meeting at St. Luke's on Thursday.  The actual RCIA program starts on Sept. 2.  I'm still trying to decided how I feel, but it's something I know I'll discover during these classes.  Thank-you so much.  :smiley:
[post="964434"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Bri, I have been thinking about you and that fascinating exploration you are experiencing. I will continue to pray for this awesome journey and that God will reveal new truths to you through the whole adventure. :smiley:

bristowbabe47 said:
I know what you mean.  I'm a methodist, so I don't know how your youthgroup works, but it really helped me to talk with my youth pastor. Pray a lot and just have chats with God. Tell him what going on and just everything thats on your mind. He loves talking with you.  My youth pastor always told me that one of the most important things is having a true desire to be close with God, that's the first step, because he loves you and wants to be close to you. I'll be praying for you. If you need anything pm me.
Lucy
[post="964949"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Lucy, you had a really good point about your youth group. Vaughnsahottie, if you have a youth group at your church, get involved. Be a part of the family. My youth group are the most important group of people that I have around me. Without them, I'm not entirely sure where I would be. I left my old church after being there for 8 years because the youth group was disheartening and unfriendly. So, I just want to encourage you to find friends who will encourage you in your walk with God, and who will hold you accountable in your faith. Find someone you can talk to openly about your spiritual struggles and someone you can confide in and trust. God is the main candidate for these things, of course, but because we are human, it helps to have someone here on earth to talk to, and God wants that for us. So, honestly, meet the youth at your church and become a part of it. You may find some questions answered. ^_^

I had my first full day of school today. It wasn't so completely wonderful. There were just some quirks that began to really get to me. I'm hoping it will get better, and praying that God will just give me a good attitude and a great year. But, if you could pray for me in that area, that would be awesome. :smiley:

Also, my friend Tim is in Europe right now. He comes back in 7 days, and I really miss him. ^_^ (Especially after a bad day at school...I would like nothing more than to be able to call him and just blab to him about all the felgercarb that's going on). Anyway, he's encountering a lot of stuff he didn't plan on running into (nudity, Bush haters, and a loss of Christ) and he seems a bit thrown by it all. If you could keep him and his family in your prayers as they continue on their trip, they could use the spiritual support. ;)

God bless you all,
Gigi :D

Gigi, I will definatly be praying for you. I go back to school in two days. Its usually pretty hard for me b/c I'm one of the few christians there, so I could use some prayer too. God and I have had an amazing summer and I hope I don't lose that as I go back to school.

Also, vaughnsahottie, another thing that I think is crucial in your faith is to have good godly friends. I do and they help me so much, they're always there for me. A few years ago our youth group encoraged us to ask our friends to be accountability partners/groups. Ask one of you're christian friends to be yours. It's just what it says you're friends pray for you and keep you accountable to the person you want to be in Christ. They're awesome, you pray for eachother and you get to be completly honest.

Aww thanks you guys you can call me Britian if you want its shorter than vaughnsahottie....i dont know if i'm in the age group for youth groups (i'm 22) but in church i feel just so whats the word ummm not belonging i hear the preacher preach and i think *what do you know you have no proof* and then later i feel bad that what if i'm wrong... and everyone is so into there praying and i'm thinking *when is communion i need to get ready for work* i'm a scientific person that thinks we were started by a mutation a.k.a i need to see it to believe it...yah sad i know

btvaughn said:
And I know I've talked about this with you Gigi, but I was hoping some others of you could pray for a new journey I'm going through.  I'm actually looking at converting Catholicism and there's an informational meeting at St. Luke's on Thursday.  The actual RCIA program starts on Sept. 2.  I'm still trying to decided how I feel, but it's something I know I'll discover during these classes.  Thank-you so much.  :smiley:
[post="964434"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

that's awesome that people are converting to catholicism (not that there is anything wrong with other christians). what i love the most is the tradition that catholicism entails. it's cool to know that what we do traces all the way back to jesus and his apostles.

Hello fellow Christians! :smiley: I havent been here in forever, then saw it with a new post and was drawn! Small Update in my Christian walk: just came back from camp alittle over two weeks ago, still on fire with an amazing love and true amazement at His wonderful powers! 10 new commitments in a camp of 36 middle schoolers! I am truly blessed to have been used in such an amazing way!

This month brings a new challenge for me. Im off to college! I have already found the schools Christian student group and am planning to attend the first meeting. Please pray for my involvement and the group itself that we can reach out to others at the campus! Also i have been worried about my faith because i have read most Christians going into college usually do not stick with their faith. I have been praying about it and praying for God to help me make the right choices. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated!

Miss Bridget! I havent talked to you in forever! you are always away or not online at the same times as me. Two of my best friends are Catholic. I have been to their Mass twice and although it is not for me, there are many things i find very appealing. One of the rituals i love, is the water before entering the sanctuary(sorry if i do not know all the terms. Like i said I have only been to Catholic mass twice. I mean in no disrespect.) I agree that you should show some sign of recognition of entering into Gods house. I try now before i enter the doors of my churchs sanctuary to pray for His blessing on the message and upon my understanding.

I will be praying through this learning period for you Bridget! And as you know, you may always come to me for anything! :smiley:

Gigi, Tim and his family are in my prayers! As are you in my prayers! May this school year bring wonderful things and the dance year bring healthy limbs! :smiley:

VaughnsAHottie said:
Aww thanks you guys you can call me Britian if you want its shorter than vaughnsahottie....i dont know if i'm in the age group for youth groups (i'm 22) but in church i feel just so whats the word ummm not belonging i hear the preacher preach and i think *what do you know you have no proof* and then later i feel bad that what if i'm wrong... and everyone is so into there praying and i'm thinking *when is communion i need to get ready for work* i'm a scientific person that thinks we were started by a mutation a.k.a i need to see it to believe it...yah sad i know
[post="965214"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Britian, I know it may not mean alot to you being that you rely on proof, but in Genesis God says the world is far too great and the mysteries too much for our minds to comprehend! The only way of knowing is by faith! Hebrews(not sure of the verse) ..faith is being sure of what we hope for but certain of what we can not see. Throughout the Bible people are tested on their faith and it is by faith and grace and acceptance that we are saved, through Gods faith. Yes at times it feels impossible that we can be saved by a simple act of just saying Yes Lord, you died for my sins and You are Lord over me. Please forgive me and come into my heart!

But that is it! And by faith of believing that He did and the Bible is true, is how we are saved. I can see the Lord tugging at your heart and pray that we here can help you in any way possible. You can always pm me if you need to talk!

I always see the Lord in everyday things! To me everyday life is a miracle. Science to me is a miracle. I do not believe all of these things can just come to without a greater plan and Creator!

You are 22, so do you know if your church as a college and careers class?! Almost every church that i know of have them and the leaders in that class would be more than happy to help you and talk to you. Great way for Christian fellowship. Also would be if your church doesnt, is ask your pastor if he knows of a church around you that he recommends that has a college and careers class. I go to two chruches, one for the worship service and the other for senior high because my home church i wasnt getting anything out or feeling i was worshipping enough in the youth group.

God does not matter where you worship and learn about Him as long as you are learning about Him!

God Bless

But have you ever thought that the bible is just some book made up a long time ago with some kids just having fun? I mean for all we know it could be written by a monkey....which it wasnt just saying...i dont have much faith sometimes i do sometimes i dont it just depends on whats happening in my life at the moment

Britian, even though you're 22 there are lots of really awesome programs for college students and young adults. And try getting a teen study bible or a bible in the message version. It's written in everyday talk and it makes it easy to read. You should read the Case for Faith or the Case for Faith Student edition: It's written by a journalist, and it has a few chapters talking about the facts that he spent of a year researching that proves the validty of the bible. Also it's a matter to pray about. I'll keep praying for you.
Lucy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back