Politics Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
the_alliance said:
i think that she should not have been given the pill (but the name calling is not acceptable) because if she doesnt want to get pregnant, then dont have sex (even tho she's married)
[post="1088984"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

see my last post to my reaction to your very very simplistic view of marriage and sex.

The other day I was talking with a friend of mine and she said she heard that in some of her kid's friend's schools they're saying that religous songs can't be in the Christmas play.  Things like that just make me huffy, the holiday is about Jesus for crying out loud.
HAPPY DECEMBER EVERYBODY!!!!
Lucy

I read about these two girls at who took their Bibles to school and a teacher saw the Bibles, picked tem up, yelled at the girls, and threw the Bibles in the TRASH!!!! She was saying that if God does exist he doesn't exist in school and that the Bible is bunch of ****. In the same article it talked about a little girl who was suspended from Kindergarten for praying "God is great, God is good, thank you Lord, for this food" before snack time.

If people keep taking God out of everything, we are going to be in a world of trouble.

Yeah, we need a Great Awakening Part II! :lol: Many atheists say that God is doing a bad job of protecting people....how can God protect them if they intend to erase God from society?

MargoSark said:
I read about these two girls at who took their Bibles to school and a teacher saw the Bibles, picked tem up, yelled at the girls, and threw the Bibles in the TRASH!!!! She was saying that if God does exist he doesn't exist in school and that the Bible is bunch of ****. In the same article it talked about a little girl who was suspended from Kindergarten for praying "God is great, God is good, thank you Lord, for this food" before snack time.

If people keep taking God out of everything, we are going to be in a world of trouble.
[post="1102871"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
that's not legal. children are allowed to pray individually or have bibles. there just can't be organized prayer. where did you get this information?

bristowbabe47 said:
But for a married couple, I think that the physical, is a vital part of the relationship, not only is it totaly unreasonable to ask a woman to keep from having sex with her husband, I don't think God is upset that they are using this pill to continue their love life.  Sex was an institution set up by God for married people and I think He intends for them to use it.
[post="1091793"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
ok, but as a Catholic, the purpose of sex is procreation. the point is to procreate not recreate. God gave married couples the gift of bringing life into the world. by using birth control, you are saying to God, "Thanks for the gift, but we don't want it right now". when God gives you a gift, you take it. another gift he gives is salvation. would anyone in the right mind say, "Thanks for the gift, but we don't want it right now"? o wait, we do say that when we sin...

hey guys.. i just watched dr miles monroe last night. and his message was powerful. anyone here who's listening to his messages too?

cinders said:
the world is in a terrible state and maybe a rebirth in christian values will pull the world out of it
[post="1102897"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That's funny cuz I think a rebirth in the world's value will set things right.

ok, but as a Catholic, the purpose of sex is procreation. the point is to procreate not recreate. God gave married couples the gift of bringing life into the world. by using birth control, you are saying to God, "Thanks for the gift, but we don't want it right now". when God gives you a gift, you take it.
Procreation is an amazing gift, though not meant for everyone. I don't think God thinks sure these parents are abuseive but they deserve to procreate. And sex is just as much a part of God's gift as procreating is. I don't know how much of the orinal post of this story you read, but this woman would be putting her own life at risk if she tried to have another child. And life is a very precious gift from God. I think god enabled us to beable to discover someting as wonderful as birthcontrol so that we can deal with situations like that woman's with out compromising her marrige or her life.

Posted Yesterday, 02:02 PM
  Yeah, we need a Great Awakening Part II!  Many atheists say that God is doing a bad job of protecting people....how can God protect them if they intend to erase God from society?
cinders Posted Yesterday, 12:37 PM
  the world is in a terrible state and maybe a rebirth in christian values will pull the world out of it
filmlover Posted Yesterday, 12:20 PM
  That is terrible! This world is already headed into trouble, but we know how the story ends.
That would be wonderful, but we're not gonna be here when it happens. We'll be in heaven after the rapture. And while it's gonna get a lot better, it won't be while we're around. But my point is DO NOT BE DISCORAGED. Take Joy.

Have a great weekend.
Lucy ;)

QUOTE(MargoSark @ Dec 8 2004, 01:19 PM)

that's not legal. children are allowed to pray individually or have bibles. there just can't be organized prayer. where did you get this information?

A book called How to talk to a liberal (if you must)

i am so confused b/c im a christian, but i can like sence whats going to happen in the future, i think that i am psychic or something but i thought being psychic has something to do with the devil? and im not evil or anything, and i dont worship anything else besides Jesus Christ.

MargoSark said:
A book called How to talk to a liberal (if you must)
[post="1107316"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
hmph...ann coulter is the michael moore of the right - probably worse, so i wouldn't take what she says as the gospel. i would bet my college tuition she took that entire situation out of context and made it look much worse than it actually is by manipulating the facts.

bristowbabe47 said:
Procreation is an amazing gift, though not meant for everyone.  I don't think God thinks sure these parents are abuseive but they deserve to procreate.  And sex is just as much a part of God's gift as procreating is.  I don't know how much of the orinal post of this story you read, but this woman would be putting her own life at risk if she tried to have another child.  And life is a very precious gift from God.  I think god enabled us to beable to discover someting as wonderful as birthcontrol so that we can deal with situations like that woman's with out compromising her marrige or her life.
[post="1104634"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i understand that, and if you read one of my earlier posts, i can see why the pill would be ok in this case. BUT, im merely pointing out to those who think that sex is just the physical aspect is wrong.

I don't know if any of you have heard about this or live in the area and saw it on the local new or something, but I foung it highly disturbing so I thought I'd share...
A little less than a week ago, there was a report about a case of vandalism at a Catholic church. They had a statue of Mary holding baby Jesus. The head and arms of baby Jesus were broken off, with red paint poured over their former places, and the paint was also on Mary's face and there was a red upside down cross on her body. The infant's head was thrown through a window in the church.
In addition, several other churches were vandalized, but not so severely. It was things such as obscenities on the walls, broken windows and the like.

What do you guys think? I, for one, found this terribly disturbing, especially at this time of year. I think it's just disgusting that someone would disgrace another's religion like this. I respect people's different beliefs and dont' ruin their statues nor do I criticize them. It just astonishes me that we're sometimes stereotyped as being judgemental and unaccepting, but how can they expect us to respect them, if they don't respect us?I know that's what our religion's all about, but if they don't believe in it, dont' they at least know the Golden Rule? Treat others as you would want to be treated?

Opinions on this are really appreciated.

aliasfreak8903 said:
I don't know if any of you have heard about this or live in the area and saw it on the local new or something, but I foung it highly disturbing so I thought I'd share...
A little less than a week ago, there was a report about a case of vandalism at a Catholic church. They had a statue of Mary holding baby Jesus. The head and arms of baby Jesus were broken off, with red paint poured over their former places, and the paint was also on Mary's face and there was a red upside down cross on her body. The infant's head was thrown through a window in the church.
In addition, several other churches were vandalized, but not so severely. It was things such as obscenities on the walls, broken windows and the like.

What do you guys think? I, for one, found this terribly disturbing, especially at this time of year. I think it's just disgusting that someone would disgrace another's religion like this. I respect people's different beliefs and dont' ruin their statues nor do I criticize them. It just astonishes me that we're sometimes stereotyped as being judgemental and unaccepting, but how can they expect us to respect them, if they don't respect us?I know that's what our religion's all about, but if they don't believe in it, dont' they at least know the Golden Rule? Treat others as you would want to be treated?

Opinions on this are really appreciated.
[post="1115190"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:( :( Yeah, that's really too bad...I mean, why can't they just leave churches alone? They're not helping anyone by making fun of religion and vandalizing, especially at Christmas...it's just wrong.

:eek: That's awful. I guess the only thing we can do is pray for the parishoners of that church and those who committed this terrible crime.

If that were my church, I would be so devesated.

Wow, that is really sad. But the building doesn't make the body. So I hope and pray that the congregations of those churches, are able to show what the body of Christ is truly about, and turn this into something to Glorify God.

aliasfreak8903, Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Lucy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back