Politics Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scarlet Crystal said:
as a whole, i'm not sure.

personally, i support them. marriage is about love, therefore its sanctity is always preserved in that way.

if you'll let britney spears get married when she's drunk or something for 55 hours, why can't we marry 2 good men or women?
[post="1154185"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

For the record(wow i feel like a star being interviewed! ^_^ ), I believe that even that marriage is wrong. Marriage is scared, and everything that is going on in society at the moment pertaining towards same-sex marriage and the heightened exposure of divorce and the looseness towards it, is destroying the sacred bond of marriage and its meaning to many people and Christians, including myself.

Already marriage is losing its scantity which is very upsetting to me, especially since I am one who also believes in Abstinence and saving one self for marriage. Nowadays, marriage does not hold the allure it once did for many in our nation and the world. The rate of divorce, homosexual unions, and couples living together are speeding up the process of the destruction of marriage, I believe.

Some may find that I am against homosexual marriage and find me appalling and think that I am discriminatory and such, but I am not. I know many homosexuals, and i have two family members who are. I do not look down upon them, I do not think that they deserve less than heterosexuals, but I believe that homosexuality is a sin and is breaking down the sanctity of marriage. In the Bible, it strictly, several times, states that marriage is between a man and a woman.

As someone has mentioned earlier, many parts of the Bible are outdated. Someone has even given me the arguement of stoning adulterers. Do we stone adulterers nowadays? No,instead we laugh at their stories, watch it commercialized on Sex and the City, and discuss it over morning coffee as if it is nothing. Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by renewing your mind and spirit, so that you will be able to atest and prove Gods perfect will. Although some things are outdates, not all are and as Christians, we must stand up for what we know is right and what protects us.

If a man and man or woman and woman love each other, I am not the one to judge and I am not the one to tear them apart. It is their lives and their choice. I will not think differently of them or no longer associate with them. That to me is barbaric and hypocricy!

But there has to be a line, if homosexual couples would be allowed to marry, well then how do you stop a man from marrying two women, or a woman and a man?! :blink: In one of Dobsons books Marriage Under Fire,there are many references to this question. I do not have it here and do not want to misquote, but if you are interested i can post it later when I have it with me.

If you do not agree with me, then you do not agree with me. It is a very heated topic and is very personal to many people. I respect everyone for their opinions. I hope you can respect me for mine even though it is different.

Now that that is out of the way, Hello! :D I haven't been online in a long time! And wanted to say hey to all my Christian pals on AA! 👋 I pray that everyone is well and God is working in your lives in wonderful ways! God Bless! :D

cinders said:
hmmmm, so say if u were homosexual, can u get to heaven?
[post="1145371"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I know I just posted a long post about this topic but I just saw this post and felt compelled to respond.

No one knows for sure, only God. From my understanding, it depends. like someone else stated, homosexuality is a sin, no greater than another other sin, say lying. If you ask for forgiveness and to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and truly mean it and try and desire to live your life for God and following in Jesus' teachings and believe in Him, then yes I think you can.

But one thing as always puzzled me, is that God does not want a "luckwarm" Christian, He wants a Christian who is fully out there for Him and trying to correct his/her sins. Yes we all sin and we will keep sinning until we take our last breath, but if you ask God for forgiveness for something but intend on continuing it and living in sin, I am not sure if you fully desire to be rid of the sin that seperates one from God?! :blink: Like I said, no one but God knows the answer to your question. If one accepts Jesus into their heart and believes in Him and lives for Him, then I believe they will go to Heaven. God can see into our hearts and will be the one to judge, not us.

I hope I made it more understanding for you, if not, just pm me or post and I'll respond hopefully with a better response.

AliasHombre said:
Yes they did choose.
[post="1157168"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

that is where we disagree. outright.

i fail to understand why people will readily believe that anyone would choose to "sin" when they know it is wrong.

and though i understand your standpoint on the bible, i would like to believe that in the world of today, we could at least strive for equality. because this is NOT equality, labeling others sinners because they are different. it is unjust and uncalled for.

maybe it's because i'm a democrat. very much so. maybe it's because i live in california. whatever the case, i truly believe that people should be allowed to be who they are, not to conform to what somebody else insists is correct. do we ask george bush to pray for forgiveness from god for sending so may to their wasted deaths? no, we don't. we support him in this wasted war "on terror" to take apart his "axis of evil."

according to the Roman Catholic Church, homosexuality is NOT a sin, homosexual acts are the sin.

homosexuality is not something they choose, but homosexual acts are able to be chosen to perform or not perform.

therefore, homosexuals and heterosexuals are equally likely to get into heaven. heterosexuals sin too. we all have lied, disobeyed our parents, cussed, etc. God is forgiving and merciful. the point is to live as sinless as possible, because everytime we sin, we consciously choose to turn away from God.

yes. wow. thank you. that's perfect. that proves my point that homosexuality is not a sin.

any act is a choice. any act of any sexuality, etc. is a choice made by the person. i personally believe that even performing acts of homosexuality is not a sin, but i am hoping people will at least agree with me on the first part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back