Politics Christianity

Religious or not, what do you consider as the ultimate sin?

Stupidity?
Hypocrisy?
Lying?
Sex before marriage?
Taking away another's freedom?
Suicide?
Murder?
Abuse?
Molestation?
Rape?

And any other one's I've missed... You don't have to choose the ones I've listed.

I'm not religious but I believe that murder, verbal/physical abuse, molestation, and rape are the ultimate sins.

However, if you murder someone in an act of self-defense that's a different story. But nevertheless, taking one's life is still sinful no matter what the situation was.

Abuse, molestation, and rape leave permanent scars for life. It breaks your self-esteem and self-confidence. No one should have to live with such awful memories such as those.

It'd probably be harder for your family to deal with murder as abuse/rape would be more challenging for yourself.

Rape and paedophilia are evil haneous crimes. I'm not so big on all the religious 'ultimate sin' felgercarb about the 10 commandments. Like though shalt not murder and all that. What about men who abuse their wives, and then the wife snaps and kills the SOB. I think he deserves it. But nobody deserves rape. Ever. I think that it is a sin, a major sin, the biggest sin. And child rapes make me sick. People who are demented enough to do that really need to jump off a cliff or something. so that's my verdict. The ultimate sin is Rape.

Okay, you all are going to hate me for this again, but I'm giving you fair warning this time. If you are an atheist and do not want to listen to my Christian beliefs on this issue (even though it is somewhat of a religious topic), then kindly do not read this. If you want to debate with me, then fine, just don't complain.

I believe the ultimate sin is disbelief in Jesus Christ. He can forgive for everything else, and by his grace we can all be saved. Now, that I've said that, I believe sex before marriage is wrong (it's from a religious standpoint). I also believe rape and murder are horrible, sick, twisted things to do. If someone's trying to kill you, then sure, but if you just kill them unprovokedly (is that a word?), then I believe it's wrong.

I think the ultimate sin is ignorance/stupidity... to me, it's the root of rape and lying, suicide and murder, abuse and molestation. :confused:

When it comes to the Ultimite sin, it is hard to for me to decide. I believe that there are so many horrible things that can be done. When I think about it though, mass murders would probably be the ultimite sin. For example, when Hitler killed millions of Jews.

Patomac said:
I believe the ultimate sin is disbelief in Jesus Christ.  He can forgive for everything else, and by his grace we can all be saved.
I'm Catholic, and I'm not trying to nag you, but why do you think not believing in Jesus is a sin? Although there are different views on belief in Jesus from different branches of Christianity (i.e. God's grace alone accepts you into Heaven verses good deeds will get you into Heaven), don't all Christians believe in free will and that sin is choosing to do wrong? If someone doesn't believe in Jesus, how can it be wrong? What if a woman did just as much good deeds as Mother Teresa but didn't believe in God or Jesus? Would she be committing the "ultimate sin"? Jesus accepted even those who did not believe in Him. He did not criticize those who did not follow Him.

I wouldn't say there is one "ultimate sin," or any ultimate sin at all, but the bigger things like killing and rape obviously are larger on the scale. Killing and rape and breaking smoeone's leg can all be equally wrong, depending on the person's intentions and mentality.

i believe in wrong-doing, but i don't believe in sin.

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't a sin doing somehting against God's will? well, i don't believe in God, therefore, i don't believe in sin! ^_^

nance said:
A sin can be interpreted as an act against "god" but it can also mean something that is morally wrong.
oh, okay. i've just had too much religion class where they force at you that sin is something against god ... i was like, well in that case, i can sin all i want because god doesn't exist! i almost tried to sin once, just to rebel. and some people believe swearing is a sin, in that case i sin all the time :wtf:

lol anyways, i believe that murder is the ultimate sin ... since i don't believe in heaven, i believe our lives end here on earth, and taking that away from someone is horrible.

i'd probably say rape, just because its so horrible and the person being raped will have to live with the memory of it...ignorence is pretty high on the list of sins too tho.

Yes, but do you really think of murder as the same as say, dishonouring thy parents. Technically, that's a sin too.
kylo4

yes I know that they are both sins, but I think that all sins are just sins one isn't any worse than the other. Even though I do know that murder is more morally wrong. but I think God just judges you if you sin, not how bad your sin is.

a sin is a sin... but people just don't get arrested for stealing a piece of gum from their brother now... do they? there are different degrees of good and bads.

i just don't see how you can forgive someone like Ed Gein who killed woman and raped them while they were dead... cut up their skin and used it to decorate his house. :confused:

totally4alias10 said:
yes I know that they are both sins, but I think that all sins are just sins one isn't any worse than the other. Even though I do know that murder is more morally wrong. but I think God just judges you if you sin, not how bad your sin is.
well that's how you think "god" judges people but because god does that, you do to?

nance said:
totally4alias10 said:
well that's how you think "god" judges people but because god does that, you do to?
nah, I don't judge ppl, thats not my job.
but I do see what you are getting at.

aliasgirl000 said:
Taking away another's freedom

i'm pro-choice
oh so am i ... that's a good one i never thought of that!!! i wouldn't want to live if i didnt have freedom ... so in some ways, taking someone's freedom away is worse than murder :eek:

Back