Politics Christianity

Edit: I've never met someone wiccan before. Is it cool? If you don't wanna answer you don't have to. I'm christian but I have always taken an interest in it.

Wicca is cool, I guess. I used to be a Christian, but then I read about Wicca and thought it was definately the path I wanted to follow. I have no problem telling people I'm a witch or talking about it or anything, it's not like anyone's gonna burn me at the stake lol. If some people have a problem with me just for what I believe, then they just suck lol.

mellybelly said:
I have so much to say.

I want to thank everyone who shared their opinions, there were many I didn't agree with but you all really made me think. I know how hard it can be to talk about what you believe and I'm really impressed that this has remained such a civil conversation. :clap:

I really want to say how incredible proud I am of aliasjunkie4ever. I've never met you before ( :eek:ldhi: ) but I am so impressed with you. While reading your posts I had to keep reminding myself that you were only 15. I may be more mature than you in age and in life, but you are by far more spiritual mature than me. I have been a christian for about 10 years now. I actually have been going through a time where I haven't really been walking with God, not that I've turned away from Him, but I'm just not trying to get any closer to Him. But that's not the point. I know this is long after the fact of why you posted this, but I still wanted to share my thoughts with you.

I'm 20 and have had two relationships. I didn't have my first kiss until I was 17. A lot of people thought that was weird. I mean I've had more than 2 guys interested me, I've had other oppertunites to date but to me it's not that important. My first boyfriend was a friend of mine. We had been friends for over 2 years. He was the closest guy friend I'd ever had. He actually had wanted to ask me out when we first met, but I was interested in dating at the time, so we just became really good friends. I eventually realized that I had feelings for him as more than a friend. We both admitted our feelings to each other, but he didn't do anything more. I was very much of the mind that it was the boys job to ask the girl out. So we spend many months flirting, sometimes holding hands, and whenever all my friends would get together and watch movies we would sit together on the couch and cuddle. I didn't kiss him until we were actually boyfriend and girlfriend though. We both believed in God, but we didn't put God in our relationship at all. Honestly we didn't really 'date'. I mean sure we were a couple, but we never spent time just the two of us, we were always with our big group of friends.

With my second boyfriend (this was in college) we did talk about God, but we never put him into our relationship. I'm sure that's why I never got that much into either of them. I mean I ended both of them and the reason why was becuz I wasnt' feeling for the guy what he was feeling for me. I couldn't put myself all into it becuz I hadn't figured out who I was myself or where I was at with God. I know now that when I enter another relationship I need to bring God into it with me. You obviously have figured that one out before you even started which is so amazing.

I don't think there is anything wrong with having physical contact with the guy that you are dating. It doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that you aren't allowed to touch the opposite sex. It does very clearly state that your body is a temple and that you must protect it. I think that each person has to figure out they can handle. Everyone has a point they know they can safetly go to without it snowballing out of control. I was at a conference once where they had a panel of youth up talking about how they were able to have relationships with each other and not have sex (they were all couples on the panel). There was one couple that said they learned that they couldn't be alone together at night becuz they were too tempted. So they would make sure someone else was in the house with them, or they would go out with other people. Obviously everyone wouldn't have that problem. I spent many evenings alone with my boyfriend in my dorm room and all we ever did was kiss. It never even came up that we should go any farther than that.

I'm totally rambling and not making much of a point.  :bag:

I have so many points I could make about saving sex for marriage, but you don't need to hear any of them. You've got a good head on your shoulders. You are very intuned to what it is that God is okay for you to do. Just never lose faith in that and you'll be fine. I'm glad you were able to talk things out with Tim's mom. That just goes to show how mature you are about all this. A lot of teenagers wouldn't be willing to do that.

There are other things that have been said that I kinda want to comment on, but I'm so late to the conversation that it's kinda already over so I won't go there.

I just wanted to post to encourage aliasjunkie4ever. The choices you are making in your life are really cool. I hope I get the chance to get to know you better and talk with you. But in the mean time Way to go girl!
[post="1075054"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wow. Thank you so much! You certainly were encouraging - perhaps the most encouraging post I've seen here yet. Thank you for supporting me ... it's not easy to live my life the way I do in this world, when everyone is constantly trying to tell me to do the opposite. Likeminded support is always appreciated. So, thanks a lot. :smiley:

I do realize that I have a lot of maturity, and sometimes it's a burden. There are times when I wish that I could just let go, and not think so much about everything. But I have truly been blessed with totally awesome parents who have raised me in the truth of God, and have taught me to fear the Lord. I homeschooled for five years, which also gave me a strong foundation, and a good idea of who I am and the person I want to become. My parents, friends, and family are extremely important to me, and they all have stood along side me throughout my life -- spiritually, mentally, physically and emotionally. The person I am today, and the person I am becoming, can be largely credited to the wonderful influences God has placed in my life.

My boyfriend is also blessed with similar influences, and therefore, we work well together, especially when it comes to moral standards. It's been two months from today, and I am constantly reminded of how important our friendship is. The awesome hugs, holding hands, swift glances, and simple gestures are all a side item. I could do without it, but it certainly is a nice extra. ^_^ Our friendship, our [spiritual] love for each other, and the times we share together will all be there in the end. I can't say where will be physically 5 years from now - dating, not dating...who knows? But, I do know that our friendship will be there for the rest of our lives, and that's ultimately all that matters to me. :smiley:

Thanks again for your awesome words. They really mean a lot - and we should talk! IM or PM me some time! Oh, by the way, I'm Gigi. ;)

MeganGarnerBristow, hello. Well, I can share my beliefs on the subject. I don't think that kissing is a sin, it is just that kissing can eventually lead to other things that are sinful. For me, I have made the decision to not even kiss, because I think it is playing with temptation. I believe in purity, modesty, and abstinence til marriage. I have decided to not even date. By that I mean spend so much time dating different people, in hopes of finding my future spouse. I believe that God knows who we are to marry. He will lead us to that person. Our singlehood is a time to grow in the Lord and get to know Him better. If you are not single, just make sure that God is in the center of that relationship.

Mrs_Jack_Bristow said:
I think that is really cool! You have a great attitude about it too, not being ashamed of what you believe in, good for you! (y)
[post="1077970"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thanks. Everyone I've talked to (online or in real life) doesn't mind that I'm a witch, so it's very awesome. People get so astounded when I tell them though lol. They always get really interested and ask questions, which I don't mind. But I'm going to stop talking about it here and start a thread about it instead. :D

Thank you for your opinion filmlover! I am personally a firm believer in abstinence as well. I have never done anything else but kiss and I see what everyone is saying by it leading to other things but it won't for me. Me and my boyfriend have both talked about it and everything. We are both Catholic Christians and we will never do anything else than kiss. Which I think is what you meant by God being in the relationship which he definitly is so I'm glad I got to see someone else's veiw on it. But yes, abstinence is the best thing!

sydsbiggestfan said:
You dont' like the term pro-life? Does it make you uncomfortable?
[post="1068957"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
no. i don't think it defines the word correctly. i understand what they mean to say, but i disagree from the start when the little embryo is considered "human" before it has even begun to take any human form, including the brain.

previous thread

no matter what denomination we are, here are the basics of our belief

We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the Virgin Mary, and was made man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Victoria King said:
Yes, I believe in all of that except the we believe in the catholic church, as some of us arent catholic!  ;) maybe something about we believe in the instiution of the church...possibly. :blink:
[post="1169693"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
i'm VERY glad you pointed that out. catholic (lower-cased "C") means "universal" (aka. you believe that all humans are God's children). what you are confusing it with is Catholic (capitalized "C") which means the Christian denomination that is headed by the pope (well, it's headed by God, but the pope is just the servant on earth, but you get what i mean, right?)

also, Church means almost the same as catholic and church means the building of worship.

:hishighholiness: :angelic:

in the past thread, i noticed that people have lots of questions about life. i think that we should look at the people who lived after Jesus went back to heaven to see if we can learn anything from their lives. for this week, i've found someone from the 4th century named Hilary. sadly, Hilary is not a woman as most of you are probably thinking. he was born at Poitiers, Gaul (modern-day France) c. AD 300 of a noble family, he was converted from paganism to Christianity by his study of the Bible and was baptized when he was older. He had been married before his conversion, and his wife was still alive when, despite his objections, he was elected bishop of Poitiers about 350. Almost at once he became involved in the Arian (group of people who said that Jesus was not the Son of God) controversy. He refused to attend a synod (small community of early christians) at Milan called by Emperor Constantius in 355 and was condemned for his orthodoxy by the synod of Beziers in 356, presided over by Arian Bishop Saturninus of Arles and composed mainly of Arian bishops. Later in the year he was exiled by the Emperor to Phrygia (modern-day Turkey). He was so successful in refuting Arianism at the council of Eastern bishops at Seleucia in 359 and in encouraging the clergy to resist the heresy that the Arians requested the Emperor to send him back to Gaul. The Emperor ended his banishment and ordered him back to Gaul in 360. A synod he was instrumental in convoking deposed and excommunicated Saturninus; in 361, the death of Contantius ended the Arian persecution of the Christians. In 364, Hilary held a public dispute at Milan with Auxentius, the Arian usurper of that see, and was ordered from Milan by Auxentius' pretector, Emperor Valentinian. Hilary died at Poitiers, probably on November 1. Hilary was one of the leading and most respected theologians of his times. He wrote numerous treatises, notable among which were his De Trinitate (written while he was in exile against the Arians), De synodis, and Opus historicum.

so what's the moral of the story?

i think that Hilary shows us that even if everyone seems like they are doing something that we would not do, God's way is always and will always be the right way.

what do you think?

:( :sniff: I'm sad. I liked having that big long thread. It was encouraging to know that so many people were ready and willing to talk about Jesus. 🤷 Well, I guess we'll just have to begin again. I hope people continue to look back and read our previous discussions though, because so many awesome things have been said. ^_^

i think that Hilary shows us that even if everyone seems like they are doing something that we would not do, God's way is always and will always be the right way.

what do you think?

I agree completely. There are many stories in the Bible that display this as well. Shadrack, Meshak and Abendigo (Sp? haha) are just one example. There's also Daniel, David, Esther ... so many! But you are absolutely right - and how awesome is it to be able to look back on history and see the people who stood up for the most amazing God in the universe?!

Guys ... I need a major prayer request! My best friend just left for Cameroon, Africa yesterday for a medical mission's trip. He's with his father and the rest of the team, but it's still a very scary time to be openly proclaiming the Word of God. Please pray for his safety (He will be there for a week) and that by reaching out to others, his faith is strengthened as well. :smiley:

Blessings to you all. Have a fabulous weekend! :D

I will definatly pray for your friend. That's so cool what they're doing.

My youth group just got back from a really awesome dare 2 share confence. It was awesome.

Welcome Southern Bell! 👋 I'm Vicki and I am glad you decided to stop on by! Do you have a nickname or any random name you would like to be called?

Gigi! Of course i will pray for him! That is an amazing oppurtunity! I have known a couple of people who have gone over there for mission trips and they say that it is one of the best things they have ever done. He is definatly in my prayers!

And Alliance, thanks for posting that! And I agree, God's way is always the right way. Narrow is the path. He is the way. Romans 12:2 kind of goes along with Hilary's story. "Do not conform to the pattern of this world..."

Just wanted to stop in and see how everyone is doing! God bless! :D

i'm glad it helped.

i dont think many people know this, but January 18-25 is the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. many times, Christians argue about who is right, but we often forget that we are all Christians and believe that Jesus, the Son of God, came to earth to die for our sins so that we can be saved. so this week (and hopefully throughout the year) we can pray that all this "bickering" stops and that we can all live more like Christ. :D

Wow, I didn't know that! Thank you for the info.. It is sad that so many relationships are torn apart by silly differences that really don't seem to matter in the long run.

What denomination are all of you? I am just wondering. I am "independent fundamental Baptist" Long name I know~

Hi Rachel nice to meet you. Sometimes we come and go kinda slowly, but if you were bored and wanted to check a few pages of the old thread, I think thats pretty much everybody. I'm Lucy by the way.

That's so cool about Christian unity week. You're right so often people get caught up in the differences that we forget that the only thing that really matters is Jesus.

I'm methodist right now, but that's just because the church I go to is methodist. I might be a methodist my whole life, I dunno, I think I'll just go where ever Jesus points me.

Southern_bell said:
Wow, I didn't know that! Thank you for the info.. It is sad that so many relationships are torn apart by silly differences that really don't seem to matter in the long run.

What denomination are all of you? I am just wondering. I am "independent fundamental Baptist" Long name I know~
[post="1168273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i was just wondering with that title you have given yourself, i am Buddhist and totaly respect every human being no matter what sexuality they are, race, religion ect. i do not believe that homosexuality is a sin , the only sin in my opinion is war, poverty and violence that people inflict upon each other. Do you feel the same?

Sex-Dwarf said:
i was just wondering with that title you have given yourself, i am Buddhist and totaly respect every human being no matter what sexuality they are, race, religion ect. i do not believe that homosexuality is a sin , the only sin in my opinion is war, poverty and violence that people inflict upon each other. Do you feel the same?
[post="1169468"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
im a Roman Catholic. before everyone pulls out their pitchforks and ready their torches, i can assure you that i am a liberal catholic. im not Liberal politically (or conservative), but im liberal compared to everyone's prejudice of Catholics.

i dont believe that poverty is a sin, but i believe that not decreasing poverty is a sin. we must clothe the naked etc. (everyone knows which part of the gospels im talking about, right?)

i think that a big part of the Catholic faith is social justice but nobody knows about it. "When I feed the poor, people call me a saint. When I ask why they are hungry, people call me a communist."

in the first post, i've added a short blurb of the basics of our belief. i believe that all christian denominations believe this. HOWEVER, IF I AM WRONG, PLEASE POST WHERE YOU DISAGREE. thanks for your contribution.

Back