Politics cia

what little unclassified information is there about
indoctrination into the cia?
does the farm actually exist?
is that where operatives are trained?
and is it true that once you are a noc operative you
can tell noone but your handler of your affiliation?
last but not least, what was operation phoenix?

The Farm does exist. It's "Top Secret" though so technically no one's supposed to know. It's actual name is Camp Peary (I don't know if I spelled that right). It's located somewhere in Virginia (Williamsburg...I think, but I'm not sure...been a while since I've searched that topic. That name may be just familiar and I'm placing it with the wrong thing...) Recruits are supposed to go their to get training. It would seem reasonable that once you work for any top secret government agency you're not supposed to tell anyone...

As for Operation Phoenix, I've read about it somewhere at some point in time...just googled it and here's what I found:

CIA and Operation Phoenix in Vietnam

in general...it was a operation to kill a lot of people.

well i dont know about the CIA, but just like SD6 you can get into MI5 by just fitting a special criteria but many are picked up from oxbridge

lol if you go to the cia website they have a careers section that tells you exactly what positiosn are available and what is needed...

doesn't take too much to be a "spy"....

Moonlite Star said:
lol if you go to the cia website they have a careers section that tells you exactly what positiosn are available and what is needed...

doesn't take too much to be a "spy"....
[post="1221610"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm sure it takes alot, but they just don't tell you that upfront.

lol well i meant it doesn't take much to get accepted. i think you only need a Bachelor's degree, be a US citizen, and some other legal stuff to make sure ur not a mole....

whether or not you complete the training program...that's a different story! and it takes special skills! lol.

It actually takes alot to work for the CIA. Lots of recruits come from MIT. It depends on what kind of field you want to partake in. Field work requires talent and practice. You have to be a good actor, and know how to improv, otherwise you may be signing your own death certificate. If you're just a basic ops officer you have to be physically fit. But those are deep inside jobs. It's easier to get a job at a desk at Langley. They do a complete background check. All the way back to talking to your kindergarten teachers, they don't mess around, the same with the FBI and the Secret Service. Plus if you work in the field then that is your life, just like 'Alias', you're always a CIA agent, never off-duty until you retire.

Moonlite Star said:
The Farm does exist. It's "Top Secret" though so technically no one's supposed to know. It's actual name is Camp Peary (I don't know if I spelled that right). It's located somewhere in Virginia (Williamsburg...I think, but I'm not sure...been a while since I've searched that topic. That name may be just familiar and I'm placing it with the wrong thing...) Recruits are supposed to go their to get training. It would seem reasonable that once you work for any top secret government agency you're not supposed to tell anyone...

As for Operation Phoenix, I've read about it somewhere at some point in time...just googled it and here's what I found:

CIA and Operation Phoenix in Vietnam

in general...it was a operation to kill a lot of people.
[post="1219704"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

The farm is in Virginia, but I'm pretty sure it's in the Western part. I used to live in Williamsburg and I can say that I'm almost 100 percent positive that it isn't there. :smiley:

Jamison said:
The farm is in Virginia, but I'm pretty sure it's in the Western part.  I used to live in Williamsburg and I can say that I'm almost 100 percent positive that it isn't there. :smiley:
[post="1253719"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ya, it's not in Williamsburg. I read where it was once, but can't remember...

Back