Resource icon

vBulletin [CinVin] vBulletin Forum Feed Listing

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
[ BY REQUEST ]

This nifty little utility will present a list of all of your forums RSS feeds on one page! Your users can then easily pick & choose which forums they want to subscribe to via RSS, Google, Yahoo, or Bloglines.

Ever go to a big site like CNN and view their page of RSS feeds that you can subscribe to? This is the same thing but for your vBulletin forums!

In addition to your users, the search engine spiders will love this! :D

We went out of our way to make sure that this CinVin vBulletin add-on was quick & easy to both install and modify!
  • All descriptions and names are completely phrased so you can quickly add alternate lanquages or change the existing wording.
  • All display output is handled through vBulletin templates so you can quickly change the output appearance.
  • All templates and phrase are installed as a vBulletin product through your ACP which means there are no file edits!
  • Includes plugins to correctly show you where your visitors are when you view the Who's Online page.
Installation only take a few moments...
  • Unzip the .zip file that you downloaded.
  • Go into your ACP and select Plugins & Products => Manage Products => Add/Import Product => {Select the CinVin_vB_Forum_Feed_Listing.xml file from the download} => Import
  • Upload the single PHP file and single folder in the upload_to_your_forum_folder folder from the download to your forums folder.
You're all done! Just point your browser to http://www.yoursite.com/forums/cv_rss_feeds.php to view your new RSS feed listings.

DEMO #1: CinVin RSS Feeds (this is the 'stock' version)

DEMO #2: Cool SciFi RSS Feeds (this one has been integrated with vBa CMPS; instructions on how to do so will be following)

FAQ's
- What vB versions? This should work with all versions of vB 3.6.x and above. It should also work with vB 3.5.x but I have not tested it on that version. [EDIT: Note that this is only for the vB 3.x series, not vB 4.x or vB 5.x]

- Can I remove the "CinVin" text at the very bottom? NO! Believe it or not that little text is what allows us to work on hacks like this for free and, more importantly, to continue to support them. You are free to move the notice to your footer template, for example, if you would like to keep your notices all together but for removing it entirely a Branding Free license is available through CinVin.

Attachments

• cinvin_vb_forum_feed_listing_1_0_2.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 327
The next version is about 99% ready to go. I've cleaned up a bunch of code, moved various options to the ACP so you don't have to modify the PHP file, and added internal vBSEO compatibility.

You can see it running in action with vBSEO here. Attached is a screen shot showing the new ACP options.

Before I package the update and release can I get anybody who is running vBSEO with the Direct Forum Links option turned to give it a go?

Attachments

• CinVin_FFL_ACP_Options.jpg
    CinVin_FFL_ACP_Options.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 285
"I love it when a plan comes together!" - Hannibal (y)

See attached pic to understand why I came up with that 80's quote. ;)

Attachments

• MWSnap0047 2007-01-02, 14_30_18.jpg
    MWSnap0047 2007-01-02, 14_30_18.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 259
This is real nice...i had added a button to some of the forums previously....this is a nice little addon for those that would want the whole list....

Peace

Back