Cirque du Soleil

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Over the weekend Mrs. Kevin & I went to see the Cirque du Soleil traveling Volta show. Volta is one of their mobile shows and is performed in a literal circus tent. A huge circus tent! :eek:

Admittedly I lost track a bit of the story during the second half after intermission but overall it was followable. The acts are loosely connected to each other where you can kind of get the overall story though at times it requires a bit of imagination. It's a bit like everything being an interpretative dance told with BMX bikes, trampolines, aerial acts, and various props. A story is told, it's just that details of the story will be slightly different for every audience member.

The performers showed incredible athleticism. At the end of the show when they took a bow it turned out that there were really only about two dozen performers meaning that each of them did multiple routines. It's hard enough to master one act let alone multiple.

There is one downside to going. Mrs. Kevin now, more than ever, has the urge to go to Vegas so we can see one of the full shows. :LOL:

Over the weekend Mrs. Kevin & I went to see the Cirque du Soleil traveling Volta show. Volta is one of their mobile shows and is performed in a literal circus tent. A huge circus tent! :eek:

Admittedly I lost track a bit of the story during the second half after intermission but overall it was followable. The acts are loosely connected to each other where you can kind of get the overall story though at times it requires a bit of imagination. It's a bit like everything being an interpretative dance told with BMX bikes, trampolines, aerial acts, and various props. A story is told, it's just that details of the story will be slightly different for every audience member.

The performers showed incredible athleticism. At the end of the show when they took a bow it turned out that there were really only about two dozen performers meaning that each of them did multiple routines. It's hard enough to master one act let alone multiple.

There is one downside to going. Mrs. Kevin now, more than ever, has the urge to go to Vegas so we can see one of the full shows. :LOL:
je' mappelle sci-fi dude, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.:cool::cool:

Never saw that show but sounds really fun and be great to go see. i always go to Vegas for concerts not really shows like that.

Personally, I'd rather see Stomp live.

Dude, I am totally burnt out on that noise.......
35-Greatest-Richard-Pryor-Quotes.jpg

Back