Politics City and Town Curfues

Here in Cincinnati all of these curfue proposals have popped up because of violence, gangs, and drug dealing. Do you think curfues help cut down on violence or do they really have no affect? I was just wondering what everyone's opinion is. I think it might help a little but there's still going to be violence no matter what they do. Plus it might make the local teenagers mad. ;)

Apparantely they do work, there are a few towns in Lancashire with them. And I have no problems with curfew orders or ASBOs for individuals, they will have been found guilty in a court of law.

But blanket curfews have massive civil libeties issues, you can't stop people going outside because of their age, do we live in a police state? Sounds like a slippery slope to me.

there's an 11 o'clock curfue for those under 13 in my town, but i live in a very low crime place. so they don't really enforce it.

I think my town has a curfew for the downtown area for kids under 18 (midnight I believe). But since we got a new movie theater and a lot of the later showings don't get out until after midnight, they aren't really enforcing it.

My town is so small, I don't think it makes much of a difference one way or the other.

My hometown has a curfew. I don't remember it exactly, but the curfew is something like 11 or 11:30 PM during weeknights, and half an hour later or so on the weekends.

I think Milwaukee has a curfew as well, but as it doesn't apply to me, nor do I know anyone who it would apply to, I dunno.

Okay, so apparantly the rules were on my fridge! But my dad took them down...basically, the police have the power to remove anyone under 18 in groups of more than two if they are loitering after I think 11pm. Our area is also a alcohol watch area, so you can be have alchohol confiscated for no reason other than having it or face a £500 fine. I only read that the other day.

Itz tha Dreila said:
no one follows curfews
[post="1383318"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Kind of true.

In my hometown, the curfew was pretty strictly enforced in the downtown area, where a lot of kids hang out at night on the weekends. Bike cops and that whole deal. Cops would also make a habit of visiting fast food places that stay open late (Taco Bell, Wendys, etc) to check for kids loitering around. However, my friends and I were more likely to go to someone's house and sit in their basement until 3 AM. Driving home wasn't a problem, either, as long as we didn't drive like morons or play music obnoxiously loud.

Back