City of Villains

Karetyr

Cadet
So yesterday, my girlfriend and I built her a gaming PC. We bought two copies of City of Villains; regular CD edition for her, and the Collector's DVD Edition for me (the store only had the two copies).

We've been playing a fair bit over the past day. So far, so good....we're really looking forward to forming a villainous organization and building a base.

Anyone who plays....do you know if it's possible to go to the territory of City of Heroes and beat on superheroes? Or are we restricted to the Rogue Isles?

Also, where's the Archery powerset? Don't villains get it?

There are some open pvp danger zones, were you can possibly meet heros, But i never managed to see any. They are all around max level zones.

Mastermind has trick arrow but thats about it.

Personally COV/COH just didnt do it for me. After i got max level, games fun factor just dried up.

They're not all around max level zones... LoL

In CoV the first 'mix' zone you can go to with villains and heroes is.. The Pocket D. What's that? Well it's a noncombat dance club zone. Fun place to just go look pretty and run into folks who use the zone as a warp.
The next place is, Bloody Bay (levels 15-25, you'll get capped to 25 like everyone else, but you'll only have the abilities of your level. If you're over 25, they black out and can't be used. But your slots are always in affect, so if you're level 25 and go in there, you'll probably still rather weak against some bored level 40 or 50 player who's maxed slotted. That'll make more sense later on.) Bloody Bay is located in Cap au Diable for us Villains. It's a big red dot on the map, near the airport in the zone. There's some NPCs in there worth some great xp up until 25 and the quests there seemed to me to offer up more xp than the storyline missions elsewhere for the level. Players can stop you, but on Champion where I play if you see someone doing missions, you just leave them alone. No need to gank someone more worried about where a place is than if someone is following them.
20 to 30 offers up another Villain vs Hero zone which has a twist to it. In Siren's Call, entrance located in Sharkhead Isle, you can aid in map battles between Arachnos and Longbow NPC groups to sway influance over the map. This influance helps increase the variety of merchandise on a shop NPC near the entrance. Also you get random 'bounties' which show up on the map. These bounties are other players that if you kill them you gain a certain number of bounty points which can be used to purchase special inspirations and I believe if you gain enough dual and single orgin enhancements. Basically for free just for being an active PvPer.

Don't forget Mayhem Missions. You don't really go into Paragon City with active hero players when doing these, but you do get a pretty snazzy and fun mission map where most everything can be destroyed while you go to rob a bank. Which, you'll always get to meet a 'protector' named hero who'll try and foil your plans. Fun stuff, really brought some life back into the game.

If you guys have any questions you can contact me without joining up on the Champion server. @Stogie Sam is my global. I can find info pretty quick on the game and I never mind helping out where I can.

Not that hard solo or duo actually. Folks make it hard.

HERE'S THE MOST IMPORTANT TIP YOU CAN EVEN SHARE WITH VETS OF THE GAME WHO ARE JUST TOO ----ING STUPID TO PAY ATTENTION...

You start out typically with 15:00 minutes on the clock. But like an old school racing game at certain 'check points' you get extra time. Now if you work your way towards the waypoint telling you where the bank is you'll get plenty of these and have at least 18 to 20 minutes to finish the mission from there. But here's the tip.. If you see this message.. "2:00 added for Resisting Arrest" SLOW your party down and wait for the Longbow squad to find you. Depending on your group size an active group of Longbow mobs will hunt you down at this point. For 2 folks it's about 6 Longbow, but it jumps up to like 12 with 3.. It's pretty hectic with a full party but nothing hard if you can keep everyone together and just take their time towards the goal.
The biggest mistake made in these is just running to the bank vault and breaking the safe.. When you break the safe you call in some Longbow and a named hero. On top of that you have at least 3 resisting arrest squads on your ass. Instant death and you HAVE to wait out the 15 minutes in the jail cell.

So don't be rash or stupid and take your time and enjoy breaking cars, telephones, parking meters, crates, cans, etc and so on.

Actually, depending on your build, mayehm missions can be hard or easy solo. I did it with my 28 ninja/arrow mastermind easy. But with my 25 sound/rad corruptor i had so much trouble, even taking my time, actually beating the named hero was hard, and i didn tmanage to do it once.

Oh woah, what server are you all on? I've been playing CoH for a year or so now. Having a hard time getting into CoV though...Not exactly sure why. :( Oh and I play on virtue.

I play coh/cov on guardian, I've played it off and on since release, i really like it. to pvp you have to go to pvp zones, one at lvl 15, 25, 35, and everyone in that zone are a certain lvl like the llv 15 zone, everone is either sidekicked up to 25 or mentored down to 25, lvl 25 zone everyone is 35, 35 one, everyone is 50. great fun, i realy enjoy the pvp, even thought he villians are a little weaker then heroes, only because heroes have hami enhancments, and villians do not.

Finally. Another Guardian. I recently stopped CoX. I had three lvl 50 heroes on Guardian, and one lvl 50 villain on pinnacle.

And yes, mahem missions rock the socks and roffle your waffles.

Badges.... *Eye twitch*

mayhem missions are just awesome, and finally as soon as issue 8 hits heroes will have mayhem missions and paper missions. Only thing i have a problem with paper missions, the reason it was so good for villians is because villians can't street hunt near as well as heroes. For example, from lvls 24-28 you can go to D.A. and mob the hell out of mobs of 9-11+ with one shot, there isnt' near that kinda of grouping in CoV, but finally I'll have something else to do other then trying to finish an endless contact, that just doesn't want to shut up and be done with you, i swear i had one contact that gave 10+ extra missions after his bar was full. -_-.

On the subject of CoV.. The 9.99 to get the extras with the GvE pack is sort of um.. A good example of what a one time fee may offer you. A power you may not use much and has limited application, access to an exclusive fluff zone, and two new costume outfits which are actually kind of cool. I'm a sucker for shoulder pads tho'. LoL
Virtue is the unoffical RP server eh? Hmm, may need to check that out.

Not sure what exactly I am going with as I am messing with some characters but decided to come back to the game. I think I am more a hero than a villian but may check out both.

I decided to roll on the Virtue server and as of right now I am just on a free trial from MMORPG but if I decide I do want to stick around, I will just get the Good vs Evil Package.

CoH/V can become insanely addicting once you get above 20.

I'm going to advoid this thread from now on, because I would really hate to get sucked back into this game.

Back