Class Rings

Are class rings a lasting memory that all highschool students should get or are they just pointless?

• Lasting Memory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Pointless

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My school is just ordering class rings and I was torn between buying one or not buying one. I finally decided I have no pride for my school and therefore shouldn't spend $300-$400 on a ring to celebrate it. Now that everyone has ordered theres though...lol, I kinda want one. My sister and dad both agree that it's only cool for about a month and once you get out of highschool you pretty much forget about it. So, what you say? Is it worth it for the lasting memories it provides or is it just a waste of money?

i graduated HS in 2000 and they offered some special crest thing for that year...'the millenium star' with your birthstone as the star... so cool then... i never wear the damn thing... maybe i would if i liked how it looked... i got the big guys style ring for a girl... maybe if i would have got a small princess one i would wear it.. AND i didnt even wear it for senior pictures...

I got one and mine was like $450, I think it was a waste of monry, cuz it's blue and white with the school symbol(a Blue devils) mine is small and annoying to wear!

I got a pretty little small one with a saphire blue gem and one side had my name on it and a greyhound and the other had 'class of 2003'
and I got my name ingraved inside of it
I hate gold so I got white gold

I got one when I graduated in 2002. It's pure gold and has my name on one side and my school's name on the top and Falcon on the other b/c that was my schools mascot. It has my birthstone on the top, an engraving of music notes on one side and an engraving of race cars (yes!) on the other side.

I had to face that same decision this year too. My friends all said that I'd regret not buying a ring in years to come. But my parents (who I am a lot alike) didn't get class rings either, and they don't regret it.

Pictures. If you don't get a ring, or even if you do, pictures hold way more memories than a little ring. Don't be skimpy on the film. Thats what I will always regret. Never taking enough pictures. And I take a lot of pictures.

Back