Classic Movies

i dont think anyone put this one back on yet, so here it goes! how can we ever forget these timeless movies taht are hundred times better than the ones they are making now(except moulin rouge! ;) lol)
here are my fav:
Gone With the Wind(the best movie ever made in my opinion!)
Casablanca
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Roman Holiday
Singin in the Rain
it's a wonderful life(even though its a Christmas movie,its great!)
To Kill a Mocking Bird(one of the best adaptations of a book to a movie, except gone with the wind!lol)
*i know there are billions more, but they have escaped my mind!

Thanks for restarting this thread.

Okay, mine are;

To Catch a Thief
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
The Birds
The Man Who Knew Too Much (Jimmy Stewart)
Any of the Elvis movies (Blue Hawaii in particular)
Rebecca
Any other Hitchcock

Sorry, it's late and I can't remember any others.

~Me :angel2:

whenever it rains i always go about my house singing, its quite fun, but im sorry about the big rainstorm! it was snowing here, and yes seven brides for seven brothers, i love the old musicals!

omg im so happy!!! you put it bak on...i love u peoples:smiley:
old movies are the best and i aint gonna name my faves cause there are too many...no i cant resist
try these on fer size...
sunset blvd
prisoner of zenda
band wagon
to be or not to be
night at the opera
the lady vanishes
casablanca
thats my daddy
bedazzled
dr strangelove

Alias Elle said:
Musicals are the best! Well, most anyways. Some of them were kinda questionable.

hehe yep...some of em are downright awful in fact
the really bad ones are hard to get ahold of but still...i hear kismet was horrid...cant think of any others at the moment...

hmm we all love musicals...anybody like comedies?!?!?!
jack benny, abott and costello(whos on first?), the marx brothers, hope and crosby, cary grant(bringing up baby, etc.)...if you havent seen em'...well its about time you did:D

well yes...he is rather good...i like charade, but hes much funnier in other stuff...
for example...arsenic and old lace, lol thats the best movie ever(well not the best but its pretty damn good)

yah you gotta see that sometime...its hilarious!!!

anybody watch fred and ginger movies(fred astaire and ginger rogers)...ykno like swing time, top hat, shall we dance(ive seen all ten O:smiley:...theyre really great, if you havent seen them u should!

I have a friend who is obsessed with the oldies, therefore, I have seen a ton of them. They are actually quite entertaining in my opinion!

marshalllovr4eva said:
yah you gotta see that sometime...its hilarious!!!

anybody watch fred and ginger movies(fred astaire and ginger rogers)...ykno like swing time, top hat, shall we dance(ive seen all ten O:smiley:...theyre really great, if you havent seen them u should!
oh, i think I saw one... god, now I can't remember the name of it.

heres a list...
Flying Down to Rio
Gay Divorcee
Swing Time
Shall We Dance
Carefree
Roberta
Follow the Fleet
Top Hat
The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle
The Barkleys of Broadway

Nad said:
I have a friend who is obsessed with the oldies, therefore, I have seen a ton of them. They are actually quite entertaining in my opinion!
lol...quite entertaining? is that all? hehe, you friend sounds cool...exactly like me...well not exactly like me, i doubt shes as obsessed as i am :D

Back