Classic Movies

SecretAgentMan said:
Gregory Peck died about a week ago.
:( and Katharine Hepburn died sunday. :confused:

everyone go rent To Kill A Mockingbird and Bringing Up Baby right now!! ^_^

I really enjoyed Gone With the Wind. It's like one of the *greatest* movies ever. :D

There are so many great Katharine Hepburn movies to suggest. Two right off the top of my head:

The Philadelphia Story
The African Queen
;)

Victoria King said:
Gone With the Wind (the best movie ever made in my opinion!)
Yeah, I know I'm quoting a older post...but I have to agree with Vic here. THE best movie. Ever. Period! lol :D

I saw Gone With the Wind cause i had to do it for extra credit one year but it totally sucked
Sucked? :eek: That's pure madness! :P

But I also love Roman Holiday, and Casablanca.

verdantheart said:
There are so many great Katharine Hepburn movies to suggest. Two right off the top of my head:

The Philadelphia Story
The African Queen
;)
one of the funnier ones is Bringing Up Baby, and then there are the ones she did with Spencer Tracy (the only one I can think of right now is Woman of the Year, but there were a lot of others) ^_^

my favs: ^_^
Roman Holiday
Sabrina
Breakfast at Tiffany's (I'm an Audrey Hepburn freak!)
Driving Miss Daisy
Gigi
To Kill a Mockingbird
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? (Katherine Hepburn--tear, she was so great in that movie!)
The Sound of Music
Gone With the Wind
West Side Story

Hm... my favorite classics...

Singin' In the Rain (I absolutely love this movie)
Sabrina
My Fair Lady (I love Audrey Hepburn)
Swingtime (I love Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers... plus, my friend had a pony named Swingtime :lol: )
West Side Story

Swingtime?! I thought I was the only person in the entire world who actually liked Fred Astaire and Ginger Roger. Go Leah! My favorite of their's is Shall We Dance. :smiley:

btvaughn said:
Swingtime?! I thought I was the only person in the entire world who actually liked Fred Astaire and Ginger Roger. Go Leah! My favorite of their's is Shall We Dance. :smiley:
I love Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers! ^_^ I've only seen parts of Shall We Dance... I catch the movies whenever I can on TMC.

I haven't seen a lot of classics, but i do love Sound of Music and My Fair Lady. Now, Gone With The Wind, i hate. It amplifies every southern stereotype known to man. Anyway, i don't know if you can consider it a classic, but Harold and Maud is about the best movie ever made, and in years to come, i think it will be considered a classic.

Existentialist said:
btvaughn said:
Swingtime?!  I thought I was the only person in the entire world who actually liked Fred Astaire and Ginger Roger.  Go Leah!  My favorite of their's is Shall We Dance.  :smiley:
I love Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers! ^_^ I've only seen parts of Shall We Dance... I catch the movies whenever I can on TMC.
I love Fred and Ginger!!!! and ive seen all ten...oh theyre lots of fun... ^_^

There are some great old black and white movies out there. What is your favorite? Some people (I actually know some) can't handle the black and white thing and won't even give it a try.

Some of my favorites are:

Mrs. Minaver
Talk of the Town
Philidelphia Story (Well almost anything with Cary Grant)
Major and the Minor
Random Harvest
It's a Wonderful Life
Mr. Smith goes to Washington

Back