Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I HATE IT?

• I only like playing it

• Nothing against it

• Total voters
I wasn't sure whether to place this topic under music or the performing arts, so I place it in both:
I'm a classical music fan. I became one recently after hearing a piece called "The Requiem" by Mozart. Now, I follow music by composers such as Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky and more. I find it to be timeless and the effort that is put into creating classical music is very difficult and time consuming, which is probably why there are not that many ppl who still practice this genre of music. Well, share your thoughts. This topic will probably only get like 2 hits (lol), but it would be cool to know if there are others here who appreciate such art.

:Playmusic: Message from a Toronto Cracker :Playmusic:

I LOVE classical music! It puts me to sleep when I'm in the car, but it's great background music for when I study. I first got into it when I was on ballet, and I would listen to the Nutcracker and Swan Lake over and over. And then I started playing the flute, and I got into Mozart, Beethovan, etc.

Right now, my absolute favorite is Chopin. I love his piano music. It's gorgeous.

I love it. Classical music has always been a part of my life. My mother played piano and so she would always play and listen to classical music. When I was five, I began piano lessons, and I switched over to violin somewhere in the fifth grade.

The composers amaze me; they truly are genius. My favorite composer has to be Beethoven, but I have great admiration for Mozart, Dvorak, and Copland amongst many others.

I love classical... it's really good, especially when I want to learn the song on piano... it's so easy to find sheet music.. I think Tchaikovsky is my favorate as of the moment... I'm in love with The Nutcracker Suite... But I love Beethoven too... Moonlight Sonata all the way!!!

BTW if you haven't already noticed I'm a total dork! :lol:

Yessss Beethovan's Moonlight Sonata is beautiful. I fell in love with it after I saw the ice skating pair Gordeev and Grinkov skate to it in the Olympics.

I also like Debussy's music.

Existentialist said:
I LOVE classical music! It puts me to sleep when I'm in the car, but it's great background music for when I study. I first got into it when I was on ballet, and I would listen to the Nutcracker and Swan Lake over and over. And then I started playing the flute, and I got into Mozart, Beethovan, etc.

Right now, my absolute favorite is Chopin. I love his piano music. It's gorgeous.
i love chopin as well..recently i have been listening to Nocturne No. 20 and also Mozarts Concerto No. 3 for violin......basically if i listen to classical(which is alot) it most definatly is for the violin with orchestra in the background...even though i play the flute i love the violin.

a couple weeks ago i went to a concert where edgar meyer performed(he plays with yo yo ma alot....bass and composer) anyway he played his one composition and i forget the title of it but it was absolutly gorgeous and i just sat there with my mouth open and my eyes closed..of course my friends laughed at me but they wree doing the same thing( i love that all my friends are classical nerds as well!...we are in band so...;))

Edgar Meyer! Sadly, I know who he is. He plays violin right? I think he did the violin part of Slumber My Darling, sung by Alison Krauss and accompanied by Yo-Yo Ma.

Classical music is the base of most other genres of music.

And yes, I do love classical. It's what I grew up listening to. My favourite pieces is Vivaldi's Four Seasons. :D

Existentialist said:
Edgar Meyer! Sadly, I know who he is. He plays violin right? I think he did the violin part of Slumber My Darling, sung by Alison Krauss and accompanied by Yo-Yo Ma.
yep! i love that song, its soo peaceful and beautiful and sad, great combination! :lol:

Classical music is awesome. I'll join this thread, lol. I am recently really likeing Clair de Lune. There are others, but I don't choose classical first so about a week of every month I'll listen to different pieces. I rotate my music, lol, I know I'm weird.

XxProphetessxX said:
Classical music is the base of most other genres of music.

And yes, I do love classical.  It's what I grew up listening to.  My favourite pieces is Vivaldi's Four Seasons. :D
I totally agree with you. Classical music didn't disapear, it just dispersed into other genres.
Also, I downloaded Four Seasons, great piece. I love the violin parts!

:lol: Message from a Toronto Cracker :lol:

i only listen to classical music when i am in a mood for it....like soothing music that is.

I dont hate it or i dont especially love it though, kinda neutral lol

LOVE Classical! one of my all time favs, Canon in D major! EE! that's the pwetiest song there is! :lol: I think anything by Mozart is good, most of Beethovens are awsome, Rossini's Barber of Seville! love that song! Dvorak! Finale of the New World Symphony rules! (we're playing that in band if you cant' tell :lol: ) umm... Chopin, Debussy, Bach, Tchaikovsky, Haydn, they're all good :D ohhh and one really really cute song by Bach! "Sheep may safely graze" that is the greatest song ever!
--Mandy :angelic:

I like it sometimes. It depends on what kind of mood I'm in. If I'm in a bad mood or regular mood it doesn't bother me, but when I'm in a dancing mood it really gets on my nerves.

I love Claude Debussy's Clair De Lune. I think that is such a beautiful piece of music.
I also like Chopin and others. I am playing Chopin's Mazurka Op.68 for my piano exam next year.

Back