Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I HATE IT?

• I only like playing it

• Nothing against it

• Total voters
i have to say... i used to hate it. but i really like it now.
my favourite classical composers include Benjamin Britten, Debussy and Bach, but i also like some 20th century, such as Steve Reich.
i used to really really love Pachelbel's Canon... but i have just heard it too much. last year my music teacher practically killed it by playing it on the piano so often, and so badly.
anyways... i love classical music. :D (y)

love it
listen to it in the car
have about a hundred cds
beethoven
mozart
brahms
vivaldi
boccerini
scarlatti, d
vaughn williams
have loved it since i first heard beethoven's ninth in '74

mc

As a classically trained musician i really do love classical music. mahler is my favourite composer followed swiftly by Pergolesi. I must say Mozart's requiem is one of the most exquisite pieces of music ever written as is Mahler's 2nd symphoy (Ressurection symphony) and Pergolesi's Stabat Mater. Ah i could go on forever, but i won't. I am a classical singer so obviously i am a huge fan also of Debussy and Faure's songs and Faure's Requiem is just ....amazing. Right i'm gonna stop...for now. i shall return.

I think most of the music produced today is just abysmal. I'm not saying that I don't like popular music, but the current trends towards R&B, teeny-bopper pop, boy bands, and manufactured stars (like the Idol competitions) are all soulless and identical.

I grew up in the theatre, and so I had a real appreciation of classical music right from when I was about 6 years old.

okay so i never listened to classical music in place of loud more pop (okay so its not pop but more popular music)... i have no listened to anything except classical music all evening and i am so chilled out right now... i should listen to classical music more often!!

Yeah classical music rocks. I have a very broad musical background in piano and all that stuff so I have a lot of appreciation for classica music. But at the same time I have this new age influence. So thank God there is progressive!

EDIT: oh yeah i voted nothing against it.

I honestly have nothing against it. I'm not crazy about it, but it's still pretty good. My parents have all this old music in our house, so I've gotten used to it.

I voted nothing against it...

My parents love classical music so I've heard it all the time when I was younger ;) and I played the piano for years, I quit because some of the classical pieces I had to play were unbelievably boring, but there are more than enough beautiful pieces!
Favourite piece ever, Albinoni's Adagio for strings and organ (y)

Found a couple of weeks ago Max Richter in my brother's mp3 list... He's got an album called The Blue Notebooks, there are some great songs on it!

Back