Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I HATE IT?

• I only like playing it

• Nothing against it

• Total voters
Classical music is great. I try to enjoy playing it (I play viola as well as piano) but my orchestra just ruins it! :angry: Don't mean to sound rude, but I play fairly well (piano for 7 years certainly helped) and everyone else (except a select few) just weren't born to play an instrument. Plus, our teacher is an evil man!

rockisdead said:
Classical music is great. I try to enjoy playing it (I play viola as well as piano) but my orchestra just ruins it! :angry: Don't mean to sound rude, but I play fairly well (piano for 7 years certainly helped) and everyone else (except a select few) just weren't born to play an instrument. Plus, our teacher is an evil man!
Been there :lol:
I totally understand your view on playing in bands/orchestras with people who aren't very good, or just plain-out suck!
It sounds awful and for weeks, everytime I listened to a classical song on the radio, all I heard was the skreches of clarinets and the high-pitched squeeks of flutes :lol:

:lol: Messege from a Toronto Cracker :lol:

i love classical. how can i not, with my mom playing it to me while i was in her tummy. my favorite is pachabel's canon. i'm playing that at my wedding as i walk down the aisle.

aliaschick820 said:
i love classical. how can i not, with my mom playing it to me while i was in her tummy. my favorite is pachabel's canon. i'm playing that at my wedding as i walk down the aisle.
Yah, that's a nice piece, by Mozart too! he he
Well, that is a way better wedding song than "here comes the bride" soooo corny :lol:
Now do you see how we have ruined music in the 20th century "here comes the bride" he he. Stick with the originals ;)

Also, I have that on my MP3. Two versions; one with an orchestra and one with just a piano.

:lol: Message from a Toronto Cracker :lol:

I can get into classical music such as:

Beethoven - Ave Maria, Moonlight Sonata

The Kronos Quartet - Requiem For A Dream soundtrack

and the best Michael Nyman - The Other Side and The Departure by him are mind blowing

DylanArcher said:
I can get into classical music such as:

Beethoven - Ave Maria, Moonlight Sonata

The Kronos Quartet - Requiem For A Dream soundtrack

and the best Michael Nyman - The Other Side and The Departure by him are mind blowing
Actually, Shubert wrote Ave Maria. Shubert was a student of Beethoven though. "Who wrote what" is a typical question that goes on with this music. For the longest time, I thought Bach wrote it.
Hears a piece by Beethoven that is really good though:

Click here to listen to MIDI of Beethoven's "Piano Concerto No.5 in E flat".

:lol: Message from a Toronto Cracker :lol:

I hate most clasical music...so I'm in the minority here. But this is because people alway play it to calm down, and things like that and Tai Chi, and other things other people find peachful, just makes me more irritated. The Clash would put me to sleep much better than classical music lol.

I have to agree with you on Pachabels Canon...I get it in my head for ages at a time, and it's amazing how many pop songs have it in!

So I guessI don't hate it all ^_^

Jai :rain:

Back