Classics

I love Count of Monte Cristo, though I suggest reading into the French Revoltion before reading it, there are a lot of political debates in their or allusions at different times, but I loved it!

btvaughn said:
what?! Read it again then...re-read it for enjoyment. It was such an incredible story!
well the plot was ok... but i thought it was just really "everything turns out the way you wanted it to and happy"

Yes...but the route it took to get there is what interested me. Darcy had to change his "prejudice" ways first...and it was a wonderful to end like at. And lots of books end that way though!

i loved how it ended i was smiling!!!!!!and yes bridget your right the way it got there, with all the little arguements and flirting and frustrating scenes, made it amazing!

well, we saw the movie while we were reading it and darcy seemed out in the book... it was seeing darcy in the movie that scarred me for life. the actor was HORRIBLE

btvaughn said:
What??????? If you mean the A&E version...I just might cry. I absolutely loved Colin Firth in it..he's amazing!
nah it wasn't him. we must have been watching different versions but this one was short, boring, and made me fall asleep... of course george's classes always do that to me but oh well.

lol!!!you should talk to amy tippin about colin firth!!!HAHA! she is obsessed with him, but for good reason, he is good in it!

i just love darcy for all the witty comments he makes throughout the book, incredibly prejudice and snoody but absolutely wonderful!

i hate my reading teacher though... every book we read in class i hated... she even almost made me hate the diary of anne frank which i liked before...

ahh, I LOVED P&P!!! Darcy reminds me strangely of Aaron, who always seems disenterested, but is much more sadistic.

and Lizzy was great! I loved it when she realized they were actually pefect for each other.....
and all the other characters were so fantastic!!! even Mary, who reminds me of myself! :lol:

Ahh...Pride and Prejudice. My absolute favorite book of all time!
I must admit, though, my whole motivation for reading it was because I had seen the BBC (or A&E) version first.

My sister spent last year in Bristol, England, and in April I went with my dad to visit her. One night my sister and I decided to stay in her dorm room and watch her roomate's copy of "Pride and Prejudice" that she had taped off of BBC (her roomate's name was Lucy, and she was from Wales. ^.^ I got to meet so many interesting people!). My sister had already read it and seen it, so naturally I had to watch it too since she insisted it was so fabulous.

So we watched it all. In one night. In Bristol, England. I was totally blown away, and fell immediately in love with Mr. Darcy (and Colin Firth, of course!). The storyline is absolutely brilliant! I love how Jane Austin develops Darcy's and Lizzie's characters! Darcy must get over his pride, and Lizzie her prejudice, and in the end they realize they're perfect for eachother! ^.^
::sigh:: Ahh...l'amour!

So...here's a good question. Anyone remember Mr. Darcy's first name? ^.- Kudos to anyone who remembers...

Not to get off subject or anything, but has anyone read H.G. Wells' Time Machine? I love that book! I got it for Christmas and read it in a day! I highly, highly suggest it. It's about 100 times better than the movie.

And so I end with a quote from Mr. Darcy.
"Any savage can dance..."
;) Victoria...

I love that quote, thats one of my favorites even though it shouldnt be because i am a dancer but alas it is!hehehe! its just unexpected and completely Darcy-like!lol!

and i agree with lydia and wicham, gr! but in the beginning of the book, her sisters just made me laugh soo much with trying to "stalk" every man in uniform!HAHA!

Back